Hey guys whats up ?? Been awhile . Have been real busy the last while , doing what you ask ??

Never mind :tsg_smiley_laughatyou:

Will try to stop by more often in the future but can not garuntee that it will happen .

Take care guys .

Fairways and Greens .

Mike

It has been awhile. lol. The weather here is terrible and its got kind of cold and has been raining off and on for 3 days. Not good weather for golfing. What's everyone else been up to.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey guys whats up ?? Been awhile . Have been real busy the last while , doing what you ask ??

Never mind :tsg_smiley_laughatyou:

Will try to stop by more often in the future but can not garuntee that it will happen .

Take care guys .

Fairways and Greens .

Mike

Hope you're doing well..no clubs and retired? take care.

Yes doing very well guys .

Shoe , I do have clubs just wanted to change it up a bit .

I really hope to be back next year golfing as my operation looks like it could happen at anytime now .

Have a full year on my beeper so am keeping my fingers crossed .

Take Care Gutter Gang Guys :tsg_smiley_yes:

Mike

Edited by Mike

Mike I hope your operation comes sooner than later. You have been waiting a long time and hopefully the wait will soon be over.

Guys I have been so busy the past three months. Things have finally slowed down with me...I can finally concentrate on my own golf. The season ended for the golf team I coached and after the way it ended I might hang it up on coaching. I have no kids in it and I am tired of dealing with the momma's and all of their bulls**t. I just hate it for the kids but it is to taxing and costly. I got 300 bucks for it and spent about 700 out of pocket on it. Hope the rest of the weekend is good for you guys.

Mike...May all the forces that are good in the world be with you! I too hope you get this done sooner rather than later...waiting is always a b*tch...waiting while sick is even worse. May all of your Camels spit dates as my Lebanese friend used to say.

Alan..now you know why I gave up umpiring little league! I got tired of being threatened, cursed, abused, over a stupid kid's baseball game. If I had stayed I'd have gone to jail for busting some kid's dad (or mom cuz they were even worse) right off the side of his knee so his leg bent funny. Even writing about it raises my bloodpressure.

On another note, speaking of writing..check out the blog...a lot of those articles are mine. It's a hoot to do and if you have anything you'd like me to pontificate upon just let me know! It's all in good entertaining fun.

Enjoy your weekends guys...I'm at work on a Sunday for which they pay me an obscene amount of money..but Monday and Tuesday it'll be the golf course for me.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello everyone:

I just wanted to give you an update on Mike. He received the call and has entered the hospital for his procedure. I am heading out to BC on Friday and will try to talk to him this weekend. Once I get more info, I will let you all know.

Denis

Thanks for the best wishes guys . I really appreciate your kind words and thoughts .

Am still in the Hospital but am coming along real well .

I just wish I had my own computer so I could send out some emails to you guys , but it will be at least one more week before I am able to do that .

I would like to ask a favor though . would one of you guys get everybodys email addy from the old gang and send them to me in a private message .

Pete , shoes , andy's . lances and alcap and the like .

Thanks Guys hope you all have a great golfing summer and I hope to be back real soon .

Mike

Emails have been sent to the ones that care . :tsg_smiley_golfball:

And yes shoe sponge baths . At least for another week or so .

Right now have a full time nursing service , so am enjoying my time away from home as much as possible

That is my story and I am sticking to it :tsg_smiley_yes:

Emails have been sent to the ones that care . :tsg_smiley_golfball:

And yes shoe sponge baths . At least for another week or so .

Right now have a full time nursing service , so am enjoying my time away from home as much as possible

That is my story and I am sticking to it :tsg_smiley_yes:

Best dam e mail I ever got !

Sponge bath sounds good - Happy Ending would be better.

Hang in there man.

• 2 weeks later...
Best dam e mail I ever got !

Sponge bath sounds good - Happy Ending would be better.

Hang in there man.

Getting better everyday guys . But got to tell ya am getting real homesick for the island .

Just too many damn people here in Vancouver for my liking .

Got over 1 month here now , still got up to 2.5 months left to go . Am actually hoping that they send me home early .

It had happened before to a couple of the other guys I have met here so am keeping my fingers crossed .

Andy got a qestion for you . I just noticed the clubs you are using this year . When did you redo your whole bag my friend .

Just wait till next year when I start playing again . My bag will be the same as before .

NO more buying of clubs for me man . I either can play really well with what I have or I play like crap .

Got other things I want to buy . :tsg_smilie_money3:

Like either a Harley or a Victory Motorcycle . Or maybe , just maybe a Custom Chopper done to the Tits man . :tsg_smilie_wink: :tsg_smilie_money3: :tsg_smiley_yes:

Edited by Mike

Hey Mke, good to here your doing well!! I'll be waiting for the story of your first round back! Sorry but I never got your email... try here [email protected]. I was looking at Harley's and the likes, but now all of a sudden I got the itch for a performance bike. Haven't really done much research on it yet. I first need a car. I'm trying to hold out for the new Camaro.

In Small Ball news....

I myself am about ready to give up on golf, or atleast switch to lefty.

We had a bunch of rain last week and the week before, and had some serious flooding. Needless to say I didn't get to play or practice for a while. Prior to the rain I was hitting better than ever. Broke 80 in three consecutive rounds. I was feeeling great.

Then everything cleared off Wednesday, things were too wet so Thursday I went out to the range. It took a little bit to get the irons working but I got them going, but the driver was dead. Maybe hit one or two decent shots, but the rest were low snap hooks. I didn't think much of it because I was still crushing my 3w, so I figure my driver was just feeling a little silly.

Friday, I wanted to play but went to the range b/c I got out of work late and the problem go worse... I was still hitting my irons ok, but I was fighting a BIG hook. I work with it, but it wasn't ideal. My driver wasn't doing anything, I couldn't hit anything past 150. It would go out to 150 real low and then take a 90* left turn. AWFUL. I was hoping it was just a fluke and would go away, but I wasn't that lucky.

I had to work Saturday and I had plans to play Sunday morning, so after work Saturday I went to the range to try to figure things out before I got out on the course. Things had gotten worse now everything was a low hook. So I quickly got a pro to look at it.

The pro was amazed by how quickly I was turning over my wrists combined with my quick tempo from the top. He said 99.9% of people who swing as quickly as me can't hit anything but a slice but somehow I was exactly the oposite. for 45 minutes he worked with me to try to get me to hit a slice. The closest we got was some pushes, but they still turned over to the left. He was so shocked by my swing that he didn't charge me for the lesson and told me to come back in a couple of days. If we can't do anything to get me back on the right track then he said he would give me a deal on lefty clubs. I don't think he was joking.

Sunday was terrible. I didn't hit driver in the air till sixteen a nice push onto fifteen's tee box. My irons were equally as bad, knifed hooks all day. My foursome was impressed by two things; My ability to hook a 50yrd chip, and my ablitily to keep my sense of humor through all 18 holes. It was real hard but I didn't throw a club all day!

Yesterday the drama continued, for father's day I got my father a lesson so I wanted to meet up with him after his lesson. He was hitting it really nicely, however I still had my hooks. I worked and worked and worked and finally got myself hitting some big pushes, this made me happy. Atleast they were getting up in the air and going somewhere.

I can't wait till this curse gets lifted off me, its just horrible.

AWFUL

Hey guys, just figured I would drop in see whats going on and was shocked to see that all the originals are still around here. Made me feel great that u guys have a community within our community. The gutter gang is by far tighter than any group we have ever had in any of the other categories and I just want to say thank you for sticking around here.

How many members of the gutter gang do we have?

Take Care Guys!

Guys I just got back from 11 days in Florida. It was so nice to go there and just relax. I did play twice on a pretty easy course shot 79 and 81 but should have been much better. I can tell the rust is still there but I have been having so much fun playing tennis against my wife. A little background. She played in HS and College and is pretty good. I took up the game seriously 2 weeks ago and she says I should not be hitting the shots I am this quick...I guess that is a good thing. Mike I am also looking forward to hearing about the first round once you get to play it but the anti-ho declaration is a bit too early in the making. You know you will love the looks of the goodies posted here...you won't be able to resist just like Andy.

Chris: We are still here but I think we are all busier in our lives and don't get to post as much. The Gutter Gang originally was Mike, Akfly, Pete, Chainsaw, Shoe, myself, and I think we added slicktry at a later date. I for one am glad you let this thread continue. There is a lot of very useless info in it but if you ever get really bored it is a fun read.

Pete: I was at the brink of quitting myself when I remembered one key swing thought and that was to keep my weight on the insides of my feet. It keeps me stable and the whole swing came back. You will get it back just be patient.

Alan

Edited by Alcap26

Hey Chris... thanks of the kind words.

I think I got the moneky off my back! I know just the other day I was ready to pack it all in but it doesn't take too long to get on the right track again.

It turns out that I had developed a reverse pivot while trying to turn around my center. This then caused me to throw my hands at the ball, thus topped hooks.

While trying to fix this I did clean up my grip to a more neutral conventional grip. Now I am able to fade the ball, actually my tendency is to a fade now. I've lost a little distance but I like it. Even when my swing was good I was having trouble rolling my draw through fairways, now I should be able to be more precise with my ball!

I saw the pro I worked with the other day again, and he was floored by my drastic change.

gotta love this game.

Ah Mike..I understand the too many people thing...exactly what you don't need. Hope you get home soon. But until then...I repeat "sponge baths"..

I'm with Alan that you may be jumping the gun a little early on the ho-ing thing, but that could just be the steroids talking.

Funny game indeed Pete...no wonder there are 600,000 instruction books out there, all with the design of confusing us.

I haven't played in a week but am headed to Bergamont Golf Club Monday which is an Andy North/Bob Packard design. I'll take some pictures and post them when I get back and make the time. Also headed to The Springs which is a Robert T Jones Jr design.

Thanks for the nice words Chris..we are for sure abby-normal in several ways

:tsg_smilie_wink:

Ah Mike..I understand the too many people thing...exactly what you don't need. Hope you get home soon. But until then...I repeat "sponge baths"..

I'm with Alan that you may be jumping the gun a little early on the ho-ing thing, but that could just be the steroids talking.

Funny game indeed Pete...no wonder there are 600,000 instruction books out there, all with the design of confusing us.

I haven't played in a week but am headed to Bergamont Golf Club Monday which is an Andy North/Bob Packard design. I'll take some pictures and post them when I get back and make the time. Also headed to The Springs which is a Robert T Jones Jr design.

Thanks for the nice words Chris..we are for sure abby-normal in several ways

Your funny shoe , in fact you slay me :tsg_smiley_laughatyou:

Some news to keep you all informed , NO MORE SPONGE BATHS . Hee Haw am now allowed to have showers , won't tell you how long it has been with out but I am sure you guys are all sm,art enough to figure that one out :tsg_smilie_whistle: :tsg_smilie_wink: :tsg_smiley_yes:

Sorry to disappoint you but am not taking any steroids , no need as am healing just fine Thank you very much lol

And I am serious about the NO Hoing , have other things that are now way more important than buying every new club that hits the market . Took me long enough to realize that one can not buy a golf game . Sad aint it , only took me about 12 years to figure that out :tsg_smilie_sad:

Any ways guys , I guess that Andy and Lance are in hiding now that I come around more often :tsg_smilie_confused: :tsg_smilie_wink:

Wonder what theys be up to these days .

Take care guys and I'll be back :tsg_smiley_rambo: :tsg_smiley_yes: .

Mike

I think they've gone into hiding...Chef Our Boy Andy's probably got 2 or 3 different grills going and is considering opening a neighborhood eatery on his back porch. Lance must just be on the road too much but that's a guess.

Yeah you are probably right shoe :tsg_smiley_yes:

Am doing real well , so far no major compications at all . ( Touch wood ) .

I have a feeling that I will be home early in fact so am hoping that nothing pop's up that sets me back .

All for now , later .

Mike

• 2 weeks later...

HOT HOT HOT...10:45am and its 98 degrees with humidity at least 80%...talk about being hit in the face with a fist when you go outdoors.... I was going to take a road trip to play today but my shoes melted off my feet before I got to the car....

easy to stay loose in this weather tho...played in a scramble the other day and had a putt for an eagle after one of the guys hit a 328yd drive...oh to be 30 again.... although I did hit one pin high on a 292yd hole...we didn't win partly because my putter went to sleep somewhere along the way.

Hope the weathers better for ya'all