New rant: Tour Only Headcovers :?

Huh? Are these really necessary to brag about? Who gives a crap. I don't care if you use 1986 Converse tube socks with two big black stripes on them. Hit the damn ball.

What's next? Tour Only socks? Ad: "These are the only socks good enough for Brad Faxon's piggies." :roll:

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I know how you feel about losing the fifteen.  I am seriously burning up money getting new pants.  Sitting at thiry six waist but would probably fit in a 37.  I need to lose 10 pounds...the wife wants to do pilates and although I know it was designed by a man in my small town I am sure I would be the only guy in there.  Not insecure just need another dude in there to converse with.  I have never worked out but I am starting with crunches, push ups, stretching, and some walking the hills of the neighborhood.  I will get more into jogging when I feel I can move closer that way.  Do any of you use the momentus to stay loose?

dude!!! do the pilates!!! the track that I run on goes around the top of the gym and you can look down into all the exercise rooms. All those jazzercise, yoga, pilates classes are filled with hot chicks in spandex!!!! Sounds like the perfect way to play into a threesome if you ask me... something about exercise gets girls all horned up... I am telling you I see the way they look at me like piece of meat as I jog while they are taking a rest!

I forgot to mention if any of you like to see some sweet cars tune into the barrett-jackson auto auction this week. They have some fantastic cars that go for unbeliveable prices. This year there are four days of coverage starting thursday at 9:00 on speed tv....I can't wait but don't ask what the wifes opinion is.

I know how you feel about losing the fifteen.  I am seriously burning up money getting new pants.  Sitting at thiry six waist but would probably fit in a 37.  I need to lose 10 pounds...the wife wants to do pilates and although I know it was designed by a man in my small town I am sure I would be the only guy in there.  Not insecure just need another dude in there to converse with.  I have never worked out but I am starting with crunches, push ups, stretching, and some walking the hills of the neighborhood.  I will get more into jogging when I feel I can move closer that way.  Do any of you use the momentus to stay loose?

dude!!! do the pilates!!! the track that I run on goes around the top of the gym and you can look down into all the exercise rooms. All those jazzercise, yoga, pilates classes are filled with hot chicks in spandex!!!! Sounds like the perfect way to play into a threesome if you ask me... something about exercise gets girls all horned up... I am telling you I see the way they look at me like piece of meat as I jog while they are taking a rest!

Damn Pete...you are hilarious. My wife is sitting here about to cry when she read that. I live in a small town and would have to drive about 30-45 minutes to get into a decent gym.

New rant:  Tour Only Headcovers :?  

Huh? Are these really necessary to brag about?  Who gives a crap.  I don't care if you use 1986 Converse tube socks with two big black stripes on them.  Hit the damn ball.

What's next?  Tour Only socks? Ad: "These are the only socks good enough for Brad Faxon's piggies." :roll:

Its all about living the dream for the guys who use them... now there are other people who b/s/t them and make money off them. People collect a lot weirder things...

New rant:  Tour Only Headcovers :?  

Huh? Are these really necessary to brag about?  Who gives a crap.  I don't care if you use 1986 Converse tube socks with two big black stripes on them.  Hit the damn ball.

What's next?  Tour Only socks? Ad: "These are the only socks good enough for Brad Faxon's piggies." :roll:

Its all about living the dream for the guys who use them... now there are other people who b/s/t them and make money off them. People collect a lot weirder things...

I'll clarify. Scotty Covers are one thing. That's a marketing niche. I don't mind putter headcover collecting. It's cool.

But a VSteel tour cover? That's a little overboard.

Damn Pete...you are hilarious. My wife is sitting here about to cry when she read that. I live in a small town and would have to drive about 30-45 minutes to get into a decent gym.

Just follow Atkins. But you need to really follow it strictly. My wife & I have been following it for year w/great success! I lost 20 lbs. & my only exercise is the golf course!

I like my monza head cover that actually fits my putter but it is about to be replaced by a baby bee. I would like to find a headcover for my rescue to keep the shaft from getting dinged up but the scotty market is getting a little out of hand. I know a guy that has two scottys made for him because they are friends. One looks like he tied it to the bumper of his cart and drove around with it (pro platinum newport with a signed headcover) and the other is a futura proto with a signed special headcover. He uses this one and has a lot of other scotty stuff in his house. I felt like kicking him in the ass for the Newport but he doesn't care. He has plenty of money. He has pics from being with Scotty and getting fit with the putter. I was seriously drooling over how much I could get for these.

I can't see myself doing the atkins. It would be such a departure from everything I have ever eaten all my life. I guess I am looking to transform this into muscle. I am 6 foot 2 and just topped the 190lbs mark and I just feel I need to move it around. I like the pilates idea because it stretches the muscles while strengthing from what I understand.

This is a great thread!

s**t I go away for 5 minutes and the thread has gone to hell and back :)

AK , you can send that pakage back :lol: , I forgot to put something in it . A headcover , shaped like a bomb .

What was I thinking when I bought that :roll:

Would somebody please kick me in the ass :oops:

I can't see myself doing the atkins.  It would be such a departure from everything I have ever eaten all my life.  I guess I am looking to transform this into muscle.  I am 6 foot 2 and just topped the 190lbs mark and I just feel I need to move it around.  I like the pilates idea because it stretches the muscles while strengthing from what I understand.

This is a great thread!

Adkins is tough - no crunchy munchy, but you can eat mounds of meat and cheese. Check out the body for life book.

AK , you can send that pakage back :lol: , I forgot to put something in it . A headcover , shaped like a bomb .  

What was I thinking when I bought that  :roll:  

Just use to put over your johnson when you go skiing

What was I thinking when I bought that  :roll:  

Just use to put over your johnson when you go skiing

:lol: :lol: :lol: You are so funny . It is probably to big for even the HedgeHog aka Ron Jeremey to wear . :lol:

I want to get some of the gut I feel like I have into better shape. I just feel like I am getting a gut and I give my dad such a hard time about body by miller lite that I need to get this under control. I quit dipping copenhagen july 4 and this has happened. I might have to start back.

thats a good idea... I have 2 of those cock covers around here!!!

The aikens diet sounds like torture to me... I love my Pasta!!!

6'2" 190... that sounds lean to me... heck I'm 5'10" 190 trying to get to 210

I do not know how old you guys are - but I would advise you not to gain weight - it will come eventually - just get strong and stay strong.

Pete - 20 pounds is allot - I hope you take mine I could afford to loose it.

I do not know how old you guys are - but I would advise you not to gain weight - it will come eventually - just get strong and stay strong.

very true...

the twenty lbs is going to be over thge course of a year...

I want to get some of the gut I feel like I have into better shape.  I just feel like I am getting a gut and I give my dad such a hard time about body by miller lite that I need to get this under control.  I quit dipping copenhagen july 4 and this has happened.  I might have to start back.

I quit smoking before Thanksgiving (U.S.) and I gained about 12 pounds - its all in the habits you develop. So you will start to chew and still have a gut - don't do it.

Just remember how f**king hard it was to quit chew.

It was hard...still have the cravings and it has been over 6 months...I will just have to cut back on the snacks and get my lazy ass out of the lazyboy.

we always go out to buffets for lunch... talk about a test of will power. At a buffet I always feel like I'm getting ripped off if I don't get at least two plates...

You speak the truth , the whole truth and nothing but the truth there AK .

Christ at pete's age I was 6'2" 185 and not a once of fat . Now over 20 years later I'm still 6'2" but a lot heavier . I could loose 20 lb's and still be heavier then pete wants to be . :) But at least I hold it well :lol:

You speak the truth , the whole truth and nothing but the truth there AK .

Christ at pete's age I was 6'2" 185 and not a once of fat . Now over 20 years later I'm still 6'2" but a lot heavier . I could loose 20 lb's and still be heavier then pete wants to be . :) But at least I hold it well :lol:

yeah its all about how you carry it... I think my dads family is part bulldog... my dad and all his brothers are rather on the short side and stocky... my dad is 5'9" and about 230lb but no one would accuse him of being fat... maybe looking like a gorrilla but not fat.

i am 29 years old and I just feel like I keep getting bigger in my stomach. I have never been one to work out because I used to be able to eat whatever I want and never gain a thing but in the last year or two I have noticed the stomach starting to grow so I think i need to just get out and do a little more. I would love to start walking the course again but my regular course is quite hilly (I am in east TN quite close to the mountains) and I would want one of the remote control pull carts but those are almost two grand.

i am 29 years old and I just feel like I keep getting bigger in my stomach.  I have never been one to work out because I used to be able to eat whatever I want and never gain a thing but in the last year or two I have noticed the stomach starting to grow so I think i need to just get out and do a little more.  I would love to start walking the course again but my regular course is quite hilly (I am in east TN quite close to the mountains) and I would want one of the remote control pull carts but those are almost two grand.

Thats just it I walk and carry my bag . Can't stand to ride . If the day come's when I can't pack the bag will try one of those speed carts . Three wheel jobbies . Got a lot of long course's out here , that have a lot of long walks between holes .

Ok well guys I didn't want to have to do this but... well I think its for the good of the group.

Monday night my gym was closed, its a municiple gym, so after complaining on the phone to CarolinaBell she challanged me to do her kickboxing workout with her.

So after doing all that I could with some dumbells I have at home and then ran for a little I went to her house to do the tape.

It was a pretty good workout. It would probably make it better, as she pointed out, if I learned the workout since half my energy was spent on trying to follow the instructions.

So if your lacking something to do I highly recommend one of them.