Andy,

Thanks for the well wishes on my father. He is doing good but he needs to quit smoking. At least he is starting to watch what he eats and he is starting to walk so those are good...I just wish he would quit smoking. Next week for the house finish sheeting the house, start drilling hoiles and pulling wires for electricity, and start plumbiong, and the windows and doors should be delivered on Friday. I will be helping with the electrical work. We got a family friend who is a very particular electrician to do the house at a discounted rate.

I sold the I506 back a couple of months ago. I just was not playing so i thought I would go ahead and let someone else enjoy them. I have my old TM 300 in the bag but I wish I would have never sold my MP32 that you put the s400 in. I probably could not hit them worth a crap right now but those were great feeling irons.

Have a great week guys. Has anyone heard from Mike or Lance lately?

• 6 months later...
  • Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey, long time no post dudes. Have to keep this thread moving a bit so thought I would drop in a say something.

Ok, have said something Later :tsg_smilie_love:

Hope everyone is well, am doing excellent. No rejection at all and am coming up on the 2 year mark.

Also am calling it quits (as in am going to retire) this summer and heading out to find a real job. Guess I will have to do some real work for a change cause I sure haven't for the last 25 years :atsg_smilie_roll:

Will be moving this summer so will not be playing any golf at all this year, just hope it doesn't stretch into another year after that.

Take Care.

Mike

Hey Mike,

Glad to hear your doing well, no rejection is a good good thing. Hopefully that also means you don't spend a lot of time with the prednisone moon face look. A real job after 25 years? Yuck. Real jobs are those where you can lose a body part and/or go home dirtier than you came to work, I gave those up 30 years ago.

Looking to get out tomorrow after a winter of record snow. How much snow you ask? enough that FEMA renting the top floor of our building this month to help with the State of Wisconsin snow emergency. Of course by now all but the biggest piles of snow have finally melted and the temperature today will be 65*. No wonder these guys have such a crappy reputation.

Only got to play a few times last year, this year will be different. Have explained to the women who run my life that Monday and Tuesday belong to me. Imagine that, I actually believe that will work. Sigh. The advantage to having a cell phone is that it has an off button.

Later guys,

Hey Mike,

Glad to hear your doing well, no rejection is a good good thing. Hopefully that also means you don't spend a lot of time with the prednisone moon face look. A real job after 25 years? Yuck. Real jobs are those where you can lose a body part and/or go home dirtier than you came to work, I gave those up 30 years ago.

Looking to get out tomorrow after a winter of record snow. How much snow you ask? enough that FEMA renting the top floor of our building this month to help with the State of Wisconsin snow emergency. Of course by now all but the biggest piles of snow have finally melted and the temperature today will be 65*. No wonder these guys have such a crappy reputation.

Only got to play a few times last year, this year will be different. Have explained to the women who run my life that Monday and Tuesday belong to me. Imagine that, I actually believe that will work. Sigh. The advantage to having a cell phone is that it has an off button.

Later guys,

No prednisone face here shoe. Have not taken that since July 2006. Never did see the moon face :tsg_smilie_love:

Yes a real job, as am too young to retire completely nor can I afford to either.

So dirty I will get :atsg_smilie_roll:

Take Care

Mike

Guys,

Good to see that we still check in from time to time. I have not played in I guess 18 months now. Building a new house takes over your life and not much time to do a lot. We should be moving into our new house in the next 2-3 weeks so I am very excited about that. Comning in slightly over budget but we have done pretty good.

My father had his third heart attack in the past 3 years this past Sunday and it resulted in him having to undergo 5 bypasses on Tuesday. They would have liked to wait 2 weeks since he was on plavix but could not ait so it was a little riskier than normal but he came through it pretty good. Sore as hell and having some issues with depression and anger...partly due to nicotine withdrawl. I sure hope he will quit smoking but I doubt it.

Take care guys and have a great weekend.

Alan

• 3 weeks later...
Guys,

Good to see that we still check in from time to time. I have not played in I guess 18 months now. Building a new house takes over your life and not much time to do a lot. We should be moving into our new house in the next 2-3 weeks so I am very excited about that. Comning in slightly over budget but we have done pretty good.

My father had his third heart attack in the past 3 years this past Sunday and it resulted in him having to undergo 5 bypasses on Tuesday. They would have liked to wait 2 weeks since he was on plavix but could not ait so it was a little riskier than normal but he came through it pretty good. Sore as hell and having some issues with depression and anger...partly due to nicotine withdrawl. I sure hope he will quit smoking but I doubt it.

Take care guys and have a great weekend.

Alan

Alan,

Hope you father is doing well, as well as you can do having had your chest cracked open. Smokers are weird about quitting so I hope he quits too. Yes building a house takes over your life, and if I remember correctly will raise the stress level of life in general several degrees. I believe it's well worth it in the end.

I just got a new set of Titleist ZM irons to test and write a review on for GolfWrx, after the first 4 or 5 shots I need me a set of these. It's supposed to be 26* tonight and I haven't had a chance to do more than hit the PW, 8 and 6 iron but hopefully next week I can go out and get in 18-36 holes.

Enjoy guys

Shoe

Alan,

Hope you father is doing well, as well as you can do having had your chest cracked open. Smokers are weird about quitting so I hope he quits too. Yes building a house takes over your life, and if I remember correctly will raise the stress level of life in general several degrees. I believe it's well worth it in the end.

I just got a new set of Titleist ZM irons to test and write a review on for GolfWrx, after the first 4 or 5 shots I need me a set of these. It's supposed to be 26* tonight and I haven't had a chance to do more than hit the PW, 8 and 6 iron but hopefully next week I can go out and get in 18-36 holes.

Enjoy guys

Shoe

Still a club "HO" I see shoe :atsg_smilie_punch:

Will have to take a look at the review when it is done.

Alan,

Enjoy guys

Shoe

Sorry double post.

Rookie mistake lol

Edited by Mike

• 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Chris you are not that scary. :tsg_smilie_smile2:

Andy,

I am still here and only accomplished to play 13 holes last year. I have a 13 month old now and he takes up a lot of time. Golf is on the back burner especially after I tore up my wrist three years ago and had a son in the NICU for 2 weeks...that was a rather large bill even with insurance. I quit playing and then when I could get back out I had lost the desire and I have taken up tennis. It is alot easier to play tennis at night. I still get out and chip around the yard but that is about it for now. I wonder about the guys every now and then too. I know Shoe and Mac are mods at wrx or at least I think shoe is. Have not got a clue about Lance. How are things in your world Andy?

Alan

• 6 years later...