Oh boy got new toys..now the weather just needs to cooperate so I can use them. Picked up a couple of items from TSG, namely the V1 TSG wedges made from Scratch which are just beautiful to look at and begging to be dirtied! Also a center shafted red Tubu putter that I have only got to hit a dozen putts of about 8ft on the carpet with. I really love the appearance and the ease of alignment is exceptional ( easy that's what I'm all about). And lastly a GField Driver, 425cc 11.5* with an Axiv 6564 shaft that is almost (emphasis on almost) too stunning to hit! I need global warming to hit southern Wisconsin like tonight so I can get out and try these babies out!

I've also learned a lot about the new Stulz nano shaft and am going to stick one in my FUT 3 come Monday. This shaft is amazing in that it has a triangular section about 5-6 inches from the tip and they put the graphics on so the shaft is already spined(although the actual spine in this is almost non-existant in the 2 I helped test) and floed. Will share more when I get to actually play some freaking golf instead of just sitting around holding my tools in my hands....um well cough cough ...gotta go

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wholly Shmolly - Is it Christmas in cheese land. :tsg_smilie_money3: Man I am jeaolus. Not sure of the weather up north - but we have had flurries all day.

We are suppose to tee it up Sunday - and it is going to hit the 50's mid next week. :tsg_smilie_cool:

Christmas is right!!!!! :tsg_smilie_cool: :tsg_smilie_money3: :tsg_smilie_money3: :tsg_smilie_money3: .

I just love getting new stuff! Of course if the snow doesn't stop soon and the temp get above 38* I may just never get to use them.

The Driver has a very special appearance, very traditional in a larger way and gives the impression that you couldn't miss even if you were drunk as a sailor on shore leave.

Oh boy got new toys..now the weather just needs to cooperate so I can use them. Picked up a couple of items from TSG, namely the V1 TSG wedges made from Scratch which are just beautiful to look at and begging to be dirtied! Also a center shafted red Tubu putter that I have only got to hit a dozen putts of about 8ft on the carpet with. I really love the appearance and the ease of alignment is exceptional ( easy that's what I'm all about). And lastly a GField Driver, 425cc 11.5* with an Axiv 6564 shaft that is almost (emphasis on almost) too stunning to hit! I need global warming to hit southern Wisconsin like tonight so I can get out and try these babies out!

I've also learned a lot about the new Stulz nano shaft and am going to stick one in my FUT 3 come Monday. This shaft is amazing in that it has a triangular section about 5-6 inches from the tip and they put the graphics on so the shaft is already spined(although the actual spine in this is almost non-existant in the 2 I helped test) and floed. Will share more when I get to actually play some freaking golf instead of just sitting around holding my tools in my hands....um well cough cough ...gotta go

Gee shoe , what did you do rob a bank , win the lottery or did you raid your kid's piggy bank :tsg_smilie_whistle: :tsg_smilie_wink: :tsg_smilie_smile:

Hope you guys get to play soon , me am afraid it will be another year off :tsg_smilie_sad:

Gee shoe , what did you do rob a bank , win the lottery or did you raid your kid's piggy bank :tsg_smilie_whistle: :tsg_smilie_wink: :tsg_smilie_smile:

Hope you guys get to play soon , me am afraid it will be another year off :tsg_smilie_sad:

actually it was a good year..big bonus this year that has no child support coming out :tsg_smiley_yes: ..so I get to spend a little ( hah just slightly more than a little) to upgrade my sticks. I learned long ago when trying to buy a car with cash that banks have no money so it's pointless to rob them. they needed a 30 day lead time to get together $28K in cash. what a hoot..and then they wanted to know if $50 bills would be ok. I'm telling you if your gonna rob anybody hit a grocery store about 11pm on a Friday night. Not that I've thought about it at all :tsg_smilie_whistle: :tsg_smilie_rolleyes:

Sorry you won't get to play Mike..hang in buddy, I keep putting good words in for you with my good friend the pope and his boss.

I too got some new toys to play with!! Taipanli hooked up the XST 3 wood with a Diamana Red 73s and a Gauge Design M2 AL+. I can't say enough about the feel of this XST!! It seems like I can do no wrong with it. I finally found the Tourstage headcovers that I have been looking for on Ebay. I won a set of three off of Seaport10 for $90!! These things are 4500 yen a piece in Japan, so that was a helluva steal. These are the red and black headcovers that look like the Bridgestone stock ones except these have the shaft sock. Tough find!! I know that there are many more purchases to be had this season, but for now I think I am set.

Man coaching the golf team has taken its toll. 3 rounds this year is all I have gotten in. I put the TM 300 back in the bag for giggles and I need some serious range time....SERIOUS. Game is not good!!! I am looking forward to the new Scratch wedge though. About 5 more weeks of the golf team and then I can concentrate on me. That's all for now....I hink I need some Cally shovels to get the ball around...it is that bad.

Edited by Alcap26

sorry didn't know I was off my schedule.

Alcaps, hows the coaching going? I was thinking of getting involved with a school around here as a way to kill some time.

It's great Pete but time consuming. I have not gotten to play much this year due to it but I always seem to slack off this time of the year playing. We have a girl on our team that plays on the boys team sometimes and plays the white tees and will shoot between 39-43 and usually win. She is a 7th grader. Beautiful swing and I don't think she ever misses a fairway.

Alcap, that's pretty good for a 7th grader...fun to watch kids play that well.

Remember it's better to be off your schedule than off your feed.

Played my first round of the year today...not pretty but by the 13th I'd figured out how to hit the ball again. G Field has a winner in the driver and the FW, really solid clubs when you put a good swing on them. Rolled a lot of nice putts, especially considering the greens had just been aerated and sanded.

On another note entirely, the Sunday after Easter am going to the Milwaukee Public Museum to see the display of Vatican art. Last stop(and only midwest location) on tour of USA before returning to Rome.

Enjoy the day all

just in case you guys don't make your way over to the general forum, here are my masters pics.

http://forum.tourspecgolf.com/index.php?showtopic=21628

I didn't shoot any WITB shots, but concentrated on trying to get a mixture of golfer shots and some shots to give the feeling of what it is like to be there.

In other news I went to the driving range for the first time in '06. Started off pretty good. The wedges and short irons were really consistent. I think, however, that I moved to quickly into the higher irons, fw, and driver. I found myself getting really ticked because I wasn't hitting pure shots with my 3i... duh... I haven't swung a club in months! My 3w was money as usual, but the driver was not working. I felt really uncomfortable swinging it.

In past years I have worked so hard on the long ball with pretty good success, however very little effect on the scorecard. This year I am really going to focus on the short game and tune things in real tight from the green to the tee box.

This was an especially interesting trip to the range because my girlfriend decided she would like to play golf. I guess she finally realized its the only way she is going to see me on weekends. Its a good thing too, because I really like what I have in the bag right now and don't see a reason to change. I'll be able to fulfill my quota of golf club puchases on her gear.

Those were great pictures indeed. Me, i've played 9 holes, and wanted to quit after 4, lol. It started warm, then got cold. Driver didn't work well, a screw came loose. and I just couldn't hit anything. Wedges were good but i wasn't hitting them close. My putting was my best. Great lags and great short ones. That was the only thing that I did well.

Yeah Sarge, but at least it's only April... by the way happy Easter to all and hopefully the egg laying rabbit left lots of goodies for the youngun's.

Speaking of the young, I had my youngest daughter out at the range with me, she'll be 6 on Tuesday, and what a time we had! She didn't want to hit any balls, but I have 2 sets of junior clubs her sisters used so I grabbed the PW and and showed her I had a club just her size. She proceeded to make me clean it up! When she finally decided she would try and hit a few, I couldn't watch of course, I showed her how to stand and a basic grip, teed up a ball and let her go after it. I had to drag that kid off the range! She didn't want to leave, which is a lot different than her sisters as they lost interest after 6-7 shots. She told her mom she's gonna be a professional golfer and my first thought was " my ticket just got punched" :tsg_smiley_laughatyou: What a fool! I'm just glad she liked it and wants to hit some more. She asked if she could hit some on the course when I take her along with me to drive the cart which, if it isn't busy won't be a problem..I'll just tee up a ball and let her whack her little PW onto the green from 10 yds out. I think I was as happy as she was when our range session was over.

I'll post a review of the G Field driver/axiv shaft combo after I get a couple more rounds under my belt but I'm thinking this is a winning combination right now. The sound/feel is just so solid off the clubhead. None of that silly "TINK" sound like off the Gemini or the mellower but still metallic "tink" from the TM 510 mid. Certainly much better than the "discharge a firearm inside a tin can" sound off the Cobra drivers I've tested. No one will duck and cover after I hit tee shots based on just the sound (although they might have to directional wise if my swing doesn't come around soon). The shaft is looking like a winner too, but it's really too early to tell as I've only hit 3 good drives on the course.

• 2 weeks later...

I finally got to play my first couple of holes this season. I played my irons really great. Shot a 3 over didn't hit one fairway, but got real close. 5 bogeys, 1 birdie, 3 pars. All the bogeys were on three putts or green side wedge and two putt. The greens were really bumpy. The course seemed to have two grasses competing for space. The one breed seemed to grow faster than the other which results in bumps. The whole seemed real big because I have been working with this small cup putting tool. It worked, long putts were a shot in the dark but short putts seemed hard to miss even with the bumps.

It was definitely a great way to start the season. Can't wait to get in 18.

I finally got to play my first couple of holes this season. I played my irons really great. Shot a 3 over didn't hit one fairway, but got real close. 5 bogeys, 1 birdie, 3 pars. All the bogeys were on three putts or green side wedge and two putt. The greens were really bumpy. The course seemed to have two grasses competing for space. The one breed seemed to grow faster than the other which results in bumps. The whole seemed real big because I have been working with this small cup putting tool. It worked, long putts were a shot in the dark but short putts seemed hard to miss even with the bumps.

It was definitely a great way to start the season. Can't wait to get in 18.

That's good to hear. Weather here is terrible. Rain and kind of chilly throughout the day. It's getting rather annoying so I have not been able to get out.

OK it' official I suck at this game....after a 6 month layoff I can't imagine why I have no swing consistency whatsoever. Dang...I think I need to practice some cuz I sure don't think I know what the hell I'm doing anymore. There, now I feel better. I'm taking a couple of days and just working on my game so I can get back into some kind of game shape. I make hackers look good, for once I can honestly say I remind myself of Tiger Woods on the back 9 Sunday of the Masters....in 2 words...kinda poopie...

On to the good news...I got my FUT 3 back with the Stulz shaft in it and I think it's marvelous. Once I rediscover that the goal is to swing the club not hit the ball I'll know more, but first impressions are that this is a winner.

May all your camels spit dates...have a great weekend

Quiet here lately....just thought I'd drop a note as I saw the other day that Steve Howe died in an auto accident. For those who don't remember Mr. Howe, he pitched in the Majors from 80-83 a couple of times in the mid 80's and finished 91-96. The guy could bring serious heat when he first came up with the Dodgers but addiction haunted him right to the grave. Maybe at last he can find some form of peace.

Hey guys whats up ?? Been awhile . Have been real busy the last while , doing what you ask ??

Never mind :tsg_smiley_laughatyou:

Will try to stop by more often in the future but can not garuntee that it will happen .

Take care guys .

Fairways and Greens .

Mike