Welcome to Japanese Golf Clubs at Golf To Impress

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
ClubHoUno

Poll: Best players forged CB irons ?

Which forged CB iron is the best of the best ?   142 members have voted

1. 1. Only the best forged players cavityback iron is good enough for me !

• Miura Cb-1006
    • Epon Type J
    • G-Field Nc-1
    • Honma Beres Tw901
    • Tourstage X-Blade CB 2
    • Mizuno Mp-60/32 Satin custom_grind
    • Bridgestone J33 combo

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

90 posts in this topic

I am new to posting comments but I must say that I have recently purchased the Fourteen TC-770 irons from Chris. He has been extremely helpful. My current index is a 2.4 under GHIN. I have had the muira CB-1006 (Nippon 1150) and I currently have the Epon Type J's (Shimada shafts). Without a doubt, in my comparison and opinion, the Fourteen TC-770 are the softest and best iron I have ever played with. Nothing agianst the CB-1006 and Type J's but these irons are more forgiving than the CB-1006 and softer than the Type J's.

With regards to looks, the TC-770 are much cleaner with sharper lines than the Type J's. I was skeptical at first but I am really glad I purchased them. I also have the Fourteen wedges wich are also incrediblt soft and the purest looking wedges I have ever had.

I hope this helps in search for the best CB irons for a low handicapper

Hey, what shafts did you put in the Fourteens?

How do the Shimada shafts compare to the 1150's for you?

Where do the Yururi forged CNC Gekkus fit in all this?

Hey, what shafts did you put in the Fourteens?

How do the Shimada shafts compare to the 1150's for you?

The fourteens came with the S-200 dynamic gold. These come standard as stock shafts. They are still pretty solid because the ball still comes of the irons so soft. I was really impressed. I highly recommend getting the Fourteens. Best irons I have ever had.

The Shimada's were excellent shafts. They have a little tighter dispursement than the Nippons but they were a little to light for me. The Nippons felt a little softer during impact. I am going to sell my Type J irons with the Shimada shaft if any one is interested.

Are the Honma Beres 901s forged? Looked to me to be a cast club. They did not mention it being forged on their website? The frame of the MG801 is forged. It says so on the hosel and the website says the 801 is forged.

Are the Honma Beres 901s forged? Looked to me to be a cast club. They did not mention it being forged on their website? The frame of the MG801 is forged. It says so on the hosel and the website says the 801 is forged.

You would have to ask Chris from Tourspec. I have not tried the Honma. I have only had the Miura CB-1006 and the Fourteens CB-770.

Sorry if I could not help you but contact Chris and he will answer all your questions.

The Honma's are cast, but soft cast. I thought they were forged, when I made the original post back then....you live and learn I guess :tsg_smiley_question:

I personally like the EPON type J, best forging around and if you guys wanna get into it i can explain why.

Please do. The type Js are exactly the same as the Technica Pro 1s? Also, I recall reading you said they have slighhtly more offset than the AF301s? Some sites tout the AF301s as the exact replacement to the Technicas.

Hello forum,

I'm in search for the best forged players cb iron.

I want the best combination of small clubhead, small offset, sweet forged soft feel, great classic simple design and the spice - forgiveness and workability combined (if this is possible :tsg_smiley_laughatyou: )

Thanks for your vote and help :atsg_smilie_roll: :tsg_smilie_cool:

Has anyone played the Fourteen TB-1000 blades? I currently have the TC-770 but I am looking for more of a blade iron with very little offset. The TC-770 are one the best irons I have ever had but as mentioned before, I am looking for a better iron at address with little offset. Would like to stay with Fourteen equipment.

Has anyone played the Fourteen TB-1000 blades? I currently have the TC-770 but I am looking for more of a blade iron with very little offset. The TC-770 are one the best irons I have ever had but as mentioned before, I am looking for a better iron at address with little offset. Would like to stay with Fourteen equipment.

What about the new TC-1000 cavity back from Fourteen ?

Mr. Claus needs to start a 2007 - 2008 version of this thread with all the latest JDM gear available.

Mr. Claus needs to start a 2007 - 2008 version of this thread with all the latest JDM gear available.

i agree i thought this was current thread til i saw the date lol. by now many irons have been replaced with newer ones and some like the nc1 cannot be obtained anymore.

i agree i thought this was current thread til i saw the date lol. by now many irons have been replaced with newer ones and some like the nc1 cannot be obtained anymore.

OK, I'll make a new thread then :tsg_smiley_bulb:

*deleted*

Edited by jacksonlui

Epon 303 for 2015!

<delete>

Edited by NiftyNiblick

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this