honma star system

small2iv

can anyone tell me what is the difference between 1-5 star.

i know there are stars on the shaft and head.

i have seen a 4 star head and 2 star shaft!!

aint they together?

my friend told me that each star cost about 1000US

why such a huge difference?

To quote from the web:

"Honma’s Star system, initiated in 1991, denotes both the grade of materials used, and the seniority of the craftsman who builds the club. Hence, a 5 Star top-of-the-line Honma shaft uses T-1000 grade composite, the highest grade commercially available, and is produced only by a senior craftsman. And Honma’s flagship 5 Star irons – for example, the new MG-818 5Star irons, available by specific order only from Honma UK’s head office – are cast from platinum and plated with 24 Karat gold only by the company’s most senior ‘5 Star’ craftsmen. But every Star club-maker at Honma, experienced or apprentice, receives the most rigorous training available in the golf industry."

They are no longer using the star system on their ARMRQ shafts if I'm not mistaken.

But as it said above the difference in starts basically denoted the level of quality in materials and workmanship for the club and seniority of the club builder. The 5's cost a fortune cause they have the most 24k gold. :atsg_smilie_honma:

To quote from the web:

"Honma’s Star system, initiated in 1991, denotes both the grade of materials used, and the seniority of the craftsman who builds the club. Hence, a 5 Star top-of-the-line Honma shaft uses T-1000 grade composite, the highest grade commercially available, and is produced only by a senior craftsman. And Honma’s flagship 5 Star irons – for example, the new MG-818 5Star irons, available by specific order only from Honma UK’s head office – are cast from platinum and plated with 24 Karat gold only by the company’s most senior ‘5 Star’ craftsmen. But every Star club-maker at Honma, experienced or apprentice, receives the most rigorous training available in the golf industry."

They are no longer using the star system on their ARMRQ shafts if I'm not mistaken.

But as it said above the difference in starts basically denoted the level of quality in materials and workmanship for the club and seniority of the club builder. The 5's cost a fortune cause they have the most 24k gold. :atsg_smilie_honma:

You are wrong my friend.

They are still using the star system, at least in their shafts. The difference with previous Honma Armrq is that they do not use titanium anymore.

I´ve got a couple of demo clubs in my bag so I can check for stars in the heads later.

I can understand that the more stars the better the material and/or, as stated in another post, tighter pull section and lower torque.

The thing that I really don´t understand is : If the new Beres models of irons and woods are designed for different players (based on their head speed), each with its particular shaft, then what´s their L, R or Stiff options for then?

You are wrong my friend.

They are still using the star system, at least in their shafts. The difference with previous Honma Armrq is that they do not use titanium anymore.

I´ve got a couple of demo clubs in my bag so I can check for stars in the heads later.

I can understand that the more stars the better the material and/or, as stated in another post, tighter pull section and lower torque.

The thing that I really don´t understand is : If the new Beres models of irons and woods are designed for different players (based on their head speed), each with its particular shaft, then what´s their L, R or Stiff options for then?

tighter pull section? so does it mean that more star = lower torgue?

tighter pull section? so does it mean that more star = lower torgue?

That´s exactly what Beres people told Chris (Tourspecgolfer).

It´s in another thread if you wish to research...

Hmm... Honma appears to have adopted a different approach in star system. In the old titanium carbon line, so I was told, the higher the number of stars, the more the titanium fibres used.

Are you sure that they no longer use titanium in the ARMRQ shafts? Wow, so what are we paying for now then?

Hmm... Honma appears to have adopted a different approach in star system. In the old titanium carbon line, so I was told, the higher the number of stars, the more the titanium fibres used.

Are you sure that they no longer use titanium in the ARMRQ shafts? Wow, so what are we paying for now then?

I also thought that the more stars the more titanium fibres.....

If you have the chance to look closely to an Honma Armrq you will surely see the titanium fibers and you ain´t going to see them in the Beres Armrq.

If you go to Beres web site and read the shafts specs you will also note that Honma Armrq is made of carbon +4axis SOF + titanium, and no reference to titanium in Beres Armrq shafts.

I don´t know if the lack of titanium should make the shaft a lot cheaper or if we are still paying a lot for it for the rest of its technology...

BTW where do you come from?

Interesting Titanium in the Honma ARMRQ but no Titanium in the Beres ARMRQ.

I thought the ARMRQ stood for the weave process that included the titanium.

You can see the weave still present in the Beres ARMRQ but no way of knowing if it still has Titanium.

AFAIK the heads don't have stars only the shafts.

I also thought that the more stars the more titanium fibres.....

If you have the chance to look closely to an Honma Armrq you will surely see the titanium fibers and you ain´t going to see them in the Beres Armrq.

If you go to Beres web site and read the shafts specs you will also note that Honma Armrq is made of carbon +4axis SOF + titanium, and no reference to titanium in Beres Armrq shafts.

I don´t know if the lack of titanium should make the shaft a lot cheaper or if we are still paying a lot for it for the rest of its technology...

BTW where do you come from?

I am from Indonesia, but living in the UK.

My comment:

Beres ARMQ Selection System:

Very Simple.

Look at the website they have a matrix with Club Type, ARMQ Type and Swing Speed.

Mine is about 90-95, that matched the R on the TW9xx. If I choose TW8xx, they offer S for the same Swing Speed.

Star System:

More on the quality of the Shaft and Clubs. My shop owner says that * to *** makes not a big difference for us, mortals. **** you can notice in your game and your pocket, ***** is tiptop and a lot of gold and requires a lot of fortune.

I use * and satisfied, why bother spending more money on that? No gain correlation on stroke saving :))

If you are a good and strong player, one star is good enough and 2 for serious mid hcp. If you are super-rich and cannot play for s***, then go for 4 and 5 stars. A good player with 1 star would always out play a dud with 5 stars and all the gold. Even all those gold Honma are no longer selling well in Asia particularly China.

If you are a good and strong player, one star is good enough and 2 for serious mid hcp. If you are super-rich and cannot play for s***, then go for 4 and 5 stars. A good player with 1 star would always out play a dud with 5 stars and all the gold. Even all those gold Honma are no longer selling well in Asia particularly China.

It is reported in the media that Donald Trump loves his gold-lined Honma clubs.

Not surprising, they are good clubs.

Yeah Donald Trump. It was an old article, the latest new I read he is using a us club. All marketing phenomenon.

If you like golden clubs, look at Maruman majesty. These are s****, even the shafts are ornamented with golden yarn. Embedded one by one by an artist. The price exceeds Honma *****. Crazy.

My comment:

Beres ARMQ Selection System:

Very Simple.

Look at the website they have a matrix with Club Type, ARMQ Type and Swing Speed.

Mine is about 90-95, that matched the R on the TW9xx. If I choose TW8xx, they offer S for the same Swing Speed.

Star System:

More on the quality of the Shaft and Clubs. My shop owner says that * to *** makes not a big difference for us, mortals. **** you can notice in your game and your pocket, ***** is tiptop and a lot of gold and requires a lot of fortune.

I use * and satisfied, why bother spending more money on that? No gain correlation on stroke saving :))

Where exactly in the site is that matrix?And in wich site (uk, jp...?)

I have been there and only find the chart that suggests one HEAD or another (901, 801,...) depending on HEAD speed, but no refference to SWING speed to choose shaft flex.

I am thinking about buying an iron set so please help me on this

Thanks

Yeah Donald Trump. It was an old article, the latest new I read he is using a us club. All marketing phenomenon.

If you like golden clubs, look at Maruman majesty. These are s****, even the shafts are ornamented with golden yarn. Embedded one by one by an artist. The price exceeds Honma *****. Crazy.

Crazy? Not really. Golf for some people is more fashion than sports.

Do you think that people who buy diamond-studded Rolex or Vacheron-Constantine are crazy? Perhaps not. My 5-bucks no-name digital watch is very accurate, but if I can afford those diamond-studded ones I'll get them.

Where exactly in the site is that matrix?And in wich site (uk, jp...?)

I have been there and only find the chart that suggests one HEAD or another (901, 801,...) depending on HEAD speed, but no refference to SWING speed to choose shaft flex.

I am thinking about buying an iron set so please help me on this

Thanks

I think the web page is http://www.honmagolf.com/honma/index.cfm?P...av=home&t=y