$25K bag... what's your dream bag?

leepark

BSG just posted a bag full of clubheads and shafts that came out to approx. $25K. To be honest, most of the of clubs in that bag are not on my personal "dream bag" list. Anyway, it got me thinking... If you had no limit on what you could spend on your dream bag what would the clubs/shafts be?

Epon 460ZR w/ Axiv shaft

Epon Technity 3 and 5 Wood with Axiv shaft

G-Field UT 4 and 5 with Tour AD UT shaft

Epon Type S w/ Axiv 758m

Epon Type X 52* and 58* wedge w/ Nippon 1050GH

Gold's Factory - Custom Private Stock #1 w/ SUS304 insert, tungsten weights, site line, custom gun blue finish, mamiya shaft

TourStage Pro Model Caddy Bag CBTX70 in white

Lots of Comocome covers...

Wait... that is nowhere close to 10k let alone 25k!!

I guess I'm pretty conservative and already have more than half of my dream bag (^_^)

Epon 460ZR w/ Axiv shaft

Epon Technity 3 and 5 Wood with Axiv shaft

G-Field UT 4 and 5 with Tour AD UT shaft

Epon Type S w/ Axiv 758m

Epon Type X 52* and 58* wedge w/ Nippon 1050GH

Gold's Factory - Custom Private Stock #1 w/ SUS304 insert, tungsten weights, site line, custom gun blue finish, mamiya shaft

TourStage Pro Model Caddy Bag CBTX70 in white

Lots of Comocome covers...

Wait... that is nowhere close to 10k let alone 25k!!

I guess I'm pretty conservative and already have more than half of my dream bag (^_^)

Nice! All JDM, eh? Why do you need all those pretty clubs for anyway? You can only play for (what?) 2 weeks out of the year because of the LONG Toronto winters :tsg_smilie_laugh: :tsg_smilie_laugh: I used to live in TO for 7 years... gotta love the -35C weather!!! I heard it was pretty mild this winter (til now anyway).

My dream bag would similar to what I already have currently except:

1. Driver - Epon 460 w. Axiv V-Spec (Based on what everyone preaches! I have one on order... can't wait)

2. G-Field GFT (on order) w. Fuji HK-Pro 110 (will build as soon as GFT is received, hope it plays well). Will go nicely with my tried-and-true R7 16* Tour and Rescue 22* (I'd like to try an Epon FW and GFT UT (or similar) to compare but I can't see either of these clubs leaving the bag anytime soon)

3. Have experiemented with Tourstage, Ping, Callaway, etc. but am quite satisfied with my MP-32s w. TC X1. However, I would love to try a set of the Epon (any model).

4. Wedges are my weakness - I've tried a TON of wedges but current favourites are the TM Tour-issued Y-Cutters. I would love to try Epon X-Model Copper and Gold's Factory. I really wish either Epon or GF would make a 64* model.

5. I've tried numerous putters including Tour Camerons but keep coming back to my 2-Ball. It's not the sexiest but even the most expensive, sexiest putter looks like a dog if it can't sink putts. I would however like to try a G-Field Premium Zone #1 and GF #2 (going by TSG rankings)

6. I'm a Ping Hoofer guy, and will probably like to get a Ping Vantage but want the embroidered Canadian Flag like on current Hoofer 3. If I go JDM, I'd probably get a Tourstage stand bag, but Epon standbag would be cool (does one exist?)

7. Although Como headcovers look awesome, I'd have to stay with my Jan Craigs.

For a grand total of... a fraction of $25K

Just dreaming mind you...

Nike SQ Tour 9.5° - Diamana 83 Blueboard (s) - (That yellow paintfill...painted royal blue)

Nike T60 15° - Diamana 103 Blueboard (s)

Titleist 585H 19° - NS Pro 1050 GH

Taylormade RAC LT1's (3-PW) - NS Pro 1050 GH

Taylormade RAC Black TPs 52° & 58° - NS Pro 1150 GH

Titleist Del Mar 3.5 (x3 Black) - Nippon PP Adjust

I would spend $5K on clubs and $20K on a private caddy from Thailand for a year (or two) that would also do massages between holes. Just day dreaming in this cold and snowy afternoon and bored to death with my work.

I would spend $5K on clubs and $20K on a private caddy from Thailand for a year (or two) that would also do massages between holes. Just day dreaming in this cold and snowy afternoon and bored to death with my work.

I hear ya! Thai Massage on the course would be awesome......

My ideal bag changes 10 - 20 times a year and sometimes 4-5 times a month - of which chris knows all about. I suppose if i stopped buying many different sets and bought just one set i would truely find the best forging house, go there and have my own irons properly customed. I would also hit all the high tech drivers and shaft combos as well as have a putter made for me buy the likes of Golds or Gauge.

Another aspect that is important to me is the look of the bag and the accessories - i love funky colours and a bit of style about my bag......so i suppose i would spend the $$$$ and design my own bag from the same manufacturer that makes teh tourstage bag or the adidas.

OR - get that bag company to do a limited run of TSG bags.........really high quality - i would defo spend the $$$ on that

So

I'll throw up a bag or two, although I have to agree that the on course massage would rock!

Tourstage bag

Driver: ViQ Deep with ??? PT-6, Ozik Altus, other?

Fairway wood: ViQ 3 or 4 wood

Hyrbids: Debating between ViQ's, X-UT's and something from RC

Irons: Guess what... ViQ premium forged, I am loving these at the moment... final shaft selection pending

Wedges: Ping SW (habit) and who knows what kind of LW

Putter: Trying Bettinardis, G-Field, and a few others at the moment

Japan Spec American Bag

Driver: ERC III CF, PT-6 (amazing club!)

Fairway: ERC Hot 3 wood, PT-7

Hybrids: Cally Fusion 2, 4 (not Japan spec, sorry), shaft to be determined.

Irons: Callaway ERC Hot (5-PW) shaft to be determined.

Wedges... still a ping SW and then a Callaway X-Forged LW I guess

Putters: Quite a few Japanese pros use Odyssey but I'd probably stick with whatever falls into the first bag.

Even if I stuck Tour AD Pro's or just 'plain old' Tour AD 95's into either set, they'd still come in under 5K. So if I had 'only one' that would leave me 20K for a few vacations, golf instruction with my pro down in Australia, and more money to spend after the Tokyo golf show this year!

Edited by K2_2

To heck with the clubs. For the right Thai "caddy" I would play with Sam Snead Blue Ridge!

I would spend 15k on tooling and create my own cold forged driver, then the other 10k for hand ground cavity backs fitted in person by Master Koyama in Niigata.

If there is money left over a Golds Factory putter from the Factory made of Gold :atsg_smilie_roll: