Doc Martin's bag

daamartin

In a couple of weeks I will have the pleasure of meeting Chris at the big show and thought it might be nice to show before and after pics of my bag. Like all of you, v. fussy about my clubs, and place an emphasis on feel and (heavy) weight. Play of 4.6 index at The Brisbane Golf Club, Australia.

9* (conforming) PRGR TR340/ GDI65x 45 inches (shaft is great for me, this head goes a bit low and left - need new 460 head!)

13* Sonartec SS-03/ GDYS7+x (great feel, goes a bit low with today's new low spin balls, new more lofted head perhaps?)

17* PRGR040i#2/ Rifle 6.5 (fairway finder, but heavy - would like to try GD-UT95x in it)

3-PW TourStage Z101/ S300 (2* up, could be my soul mate irons I think!)

56*(bent54), 60* Bridgestone J33 Wedges (solid, but uninspiring feel, Mizzy MP-Rs next time around!)

Cleveland Classics III neo-mallet (nice wt and feel for our bermuda summer greens, G-field touch for winter (they oversow with quick wintergrass) perhaps?)

Will see what I come home with and post again after Tokyo!

All the best with your search for the perfect bag!

post-7586-1170761322.jpg

post-7586-1170761412.jpg

post-7586-1170761500.jpg

Good to see a fellow Aussie on the site.

Those Tourstage irons are a classic.

I look forward to your report from the show.

Thanks mate,

I think I'd like to go back to using 4 wedges, as I am playing more mid-week golf these days with tees forward....lots of shorter approaches.

Epon wedges look mint in 52/56/60. We'll see what happens in Tokyo!

Cheers

Doc