Chinkyo's Bag

chinkyo

post-8868-1174163090.jpg

This is my bag, I actually do not lug the staff bag around, that sits next to the pool table and holds extra clubs and pool cues. I have a Nike stand bag that I actually use.

post-8868-1174163168.jpg

Another view of my weapons

post-8868-1174163209.jpg

R7 Japanese Forged w/ X100's bent 3* flat PW-2 Iron standard length

post-8868-1174163242.jpg

Cleveland CG10's 60* low bounce, 56* high bounce but grinded to low bounce, 52* standard bounce. All bent 3* flat.

post-8868-1174163277.jpg

Scotty Cameron Circa 62 #3 cut down to 32". I'm a short guy.

post-8868-1174163310.jpg

Lime Green Ozik Altus plays 45" tipped 1/2" SX

post-8868-1174163343.jpg

A great shaft needs a great head. 9.5* Superquad bent 1* open and 2* flat. Weight setup at 12, 1, 1 12.

Spare 9.5 Superquad w/ spare Matrix Ozik SX 1/2" tipped in Candy Red.

My stock pile of golf balls. Really like the Cally Hot for distance and HX Tour for around the green. ProV1X is great but dosen't seem to fly as far. I hate the nikes, I bought them on sale, they are shag bag balls now.

Pinseeker 1500 w/ slope

post-8868-1174352219.jpg

post-8868-1174352340.jpg

post-8868-1174353019.jpg

post-8868-1174353120.jpg

Edited by chinkyo

Man, what do you play off?? A little more personal how old are you?

This is a great set of clubs, I suspect for a very good golfer!!

I particularly like the grinding you have done on the 56.

Could you give us a bit of a review on the Ozik shaft. What you like about it and what it has done for your game.

Overall very impressive.

Man, what do you play off?? A little more personal how old are you?

This is a great set of clubs, I suspect for a very good golfer!!

I particularly like the grinding you have done on the 56.

Could you give us a bit of a review on the Ozik shaft. What you like about it and what it has done for your game.

Overall very impressive.

Thanks for the complements. I play to a 12. I know I'm going to hear it, "you should be using hybrids" etc... This is my game and why I believe my handicap should be dropping in the next few months because I dumped the hybrids and fairway wood. They actually have been attributing to my handicap rather then helping. I am finally totally confident with my clubs and have no issues with using any of them:

I am 28 years old. 5'7" in height and fairly athletic (can bench 300+ lbs). I have a smooth tempo with all my clubs. I've only been playing this game for a little over 2 years. Fairly long driver - average 280 w/ several reaching 300 + in a round (SS 105-110). I average PW at 130+ and 2 iron at 230+/-. High ball hitter with the irons and mid with the driver. I have never been able to hit a fairway wood or hybrid except for on the tee. I believe that the 2 iron allows for a larger margin of error while the hybrids require me to hit them almost perfect or else they bounce off the turf and even in the rough I think hybrids glide over the grass and do not let you dig. I just bought the 2 iron two weeks ago and now it is my favorite club. The courses I play with my group are around 6500 yards so at my length I really don't need woods. It could be useful one day when I decide I want to try the tips but I'll wait until my HC comes down some more. My real issue is getting up and down. I honestly just learned how to get out of bunker correctly two months ago. I used to use the leading edge instead of the bounce. My chipping is getting better. I'm more accurate with my wedges far off the green then when I'm close to the fringe. Could be that the Cally Hot balls are just not checking up for me or I am not gauging roll out enough. My putter I just purchased about 3 weeks ago and it has been a very good addition, many a boogey have been saved by this new putter. Reason I believe my handicap should be coming down shortly, I am getting at least one of my 9's in at 40 or below in a round. I usually have a higher 40+ 9 holes then a low 40- 9 holes. I need to get both 9 to be low and I believe I'm getting closer. I still have the occasional triple boogey, and a couple of doubles.

Okay now for the ozik, Holy Shiiiiiiiiiiiii. This thing is by far the best shaft I have ever hit. I know people who have never hit one think it is just hype but its not. I'm sure there are other shafts out there that can produce the same distances I am getting but none that I have tried have been near as good as this one. My past shafts have been Rombax 75g Xflex, 75g Sflex, Diamana Blue 73g S flex and Ozik F7-M x flex. This shaft is for the smooth swinger. I used to have a hard abrupt transition that could yield long distances but could also put balls OB. You have to be smooth for this thing to work. And by being smooth I have straightened out my drives tremendously. Don't buy a stiffer flex just so that it feels right. When I swing it feels like the slowest swing of all my clubs, its almost effortless. The shaft just generates so much energy and expells it right at impact. I have not been on a launch monitor with this shaft though. What it has done for my game is find fairways and be consistently past everyone in my group. I want to try a TP-7 or TP-7x but at $1,000.00 I'm not sure it will be cost efficient.

Awesome sticks! The coolest part though is the Boston Terrier in the first picture. I have a Boston that's 2 years old and they are the best dogs ever. :tsg_smiley_crazy:

Thanks!! I have two bostons, one 3 years old and the one in the pic is 1 years old. They are the best!!!

nice sticks....the lime shaft in the black head looks impressive.

nice sticks....the lime shaft in the black head looks impressive.

I see you are a TM man too!! Lime and black are awesome, it gets a lot of attention especially when I bomb one off the 1st tee. :tsg_smiley_crazy::tsg_smiley_crazy: