Gold's Factory Private Stock #2

idrive

Hi, what material is this Premium Zone insert? Does the insert makes the ball contact feel softer?

As much as the feel, (which IMO is fantastic) it's the way it rolls the ball. "Skidding" is almost eliminated. The ball rolls true.

As far as the material the insert is made out of... I hadn't really thought much about this... I think we need Gocchin to do some translating for us on exactly what the material of the insert is made out of. I think the insert is made out of SS303 not aluminum...

Conformation of insert material to follow soon....

As much as the feel, (which IMO is fantastic) it's the way it rolls the ball. "Skidding" is almost eliminated. The ball rolls true.

As far as the material the insert is made out of... I hadn't really thought much about this... I think we need Gocchin to do some translating for us on exactly what the material of the insert is made out of. I think the insert is made out of SS303 not aluminum...

Conformation of insert material to follow soon....

He doesn't specifically mention the material on his blog but he does briefly mention the "backing" as being sus303. I will have to verify with him.

• 4 years later...

So here we are 5 1/2 years later.

Left my Putter in Japan for Sasaya to refurb.

The black finish has worn very well but it is showing some wear. Figured it probably has 300+ rounds on it.

I wanted a smoke colored, non glare satin which is my personal preference. So gone is the Black

Just got her back.

Going to really enjoy the next 5 years with it. There is something about this Putter

Over the last couple of years my desire to even experiment with another Putter is gone. This

Putter FOR ME has been the single best thing that's happened to me in the Golf World.

This about 18 months ago.

post-9287-0-78799300-1350084940.jpg

Refurb 09/12

post-9287-0-77007600-1350085198.jpg

post-9287-0-57697700-1350085223.jpg

post-9287-0-18543800-1350085313.jpg

post-9287-0-62660400-1350085365.jpg

post-9287-0-71561300-1350086223.jpg

post-9287-0-28308900-1350086261.jpg

Edited by idrive

Not sure how the translation went but I was calling it Smoked Chrome.

I call that finish SMOKING HOT !! Very nice......

I remember TSG ordering that putter for you, I remember it being the only putter I've ever seen you play while just about everything else in your bag has shuffled around. Your putter sure did deserve this make over. Simply stunning!

How much to do that?

Im def sending one in

Tario is the link

I think part of the reason the refinish turned out so well is because of the quality of

the Putter.to start with. Not that the Master can't transform anything.... this guys good......

• 2 months later...

righty o jeff san..................... im going to send my one in, same as yours.. but im going to get a tongue alignemt put on it.... its THE MOST UGLY THING u can do to a putter...........

but as i rolled craigs in tasmania in dec.. nad immedialty went wholly sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet. this is way better than everything i own..

the choice was made super easy.

ugly repulsive hideous YES..

results

out of this world!

• 6 months later...