ckay's WITB *DUW*

ckay

What's in my bag? Let's start with the bag and work our way down:

PING Hoofer Vantage - White with Red piping and Blue stitching

TaylorMade 9.5* Superquad TP 1st Edition bent 1.5* open with Ion Plated Diamana Whiteboard 73g X-Stiff tipped 1". 45", D4 SW

Adams 14.5* 4060 Tour Issue bent 1.5* open with Ion Plated Diamana Blueboard 83g X-Stiff tipped 1". 43" D4 SW

Bridgestone AirMuscle 2 iron with Aldila NV 85 X-Stiff. D3 SW

TaylorMade TP MB 3-PW Blueprinted(37.75" 5 iron, 28* loft, 60.5*, D3 SW) with DG X-100s

TaylorMade TP 56.12 with DG S400. D4 SW

TaylorMade TP 60.06 with DG S400. D4 SW

Scotty Cameron 34/350g 009

fullbag.jpg

covers.jpg

Milled.jpg

nocovers.jpg

bstone.jpg

scoring.jpg

scottydog.jpg

Diamanas.jpg

flowerbands.jpg

luckydog.jpg

What's in my bag? Let's start with the bag and work our way down:

PING Hoofer Vantage - White with Red piping and Blue stitching

TaylorMade 9.5* Superquad TP 1st Edition bent 1.5* open with Ion Plated Diamana Whiteboard 73g X-Stiff tipped 1". 45", D4 SW

Adams 14.5* 4060 Tour Issue bent 1.5* open with Ion Plated Diamana Blueboard 83g X-Stiff tipped 1". 43" D4 SW

Bridgestone AirMuscle 2 iron with Aldila NV 85 X-Stiff. D3 SW

TaylorMade TP MB 3-PW Blueprinted(37.75" 5 iron, 28* loft, 60.5*, D3 SW) with DG X-100s

TaylorMade TP 56.12 with DG S400. D4 SW

TaylorMade TP 60.06 with DG S400. D4 SW

Scotty Cameron 34/350g 009

fullbag.jpg

covers.jpg

Milled.jpg

nocovers.jpg

bstone.jpg

scoring.jpg

scottydog.jpg

Diamanas.jpg

flowerbands.jpg

luckydog.jpg

Wow! Great combination. I like that TM SQ w/whiteboard73. Can you share me the review of that beauty?

Actually, I have SQ TP head only for shafting. I'm hesitating between Fuji 660TR & Diamana whiteboard 73.

Please....

zero.

A bit of background of myself. I was a hardcore Fuji player. It was all about middle weight Speeders for me. I've heard everyone say how smooth the Diamanas are but asked myself "how smooth could a shaft feel?"

I came across my SQ for a very good price and started looking for a shaft. I went +1 on loft from 8.5 to 9.5 so I knew I wanted a low launching shaft. I searched and looked at specs for a decent amount of time. With the whiteboard being new, I didn't know what to expect but I kept coming back to the specs because it was exactly what I was looking for in a shaft.

Now, what really got me interested in the shaft was the soft butt, tight mid section and high kick. That is a fairly unusual combination IMO. I've hit maybe 50 balls with the driver so far on the range. The feel is amazing...the soft butt offers great feel. It loads up very nicely. I thought tipping it an inch would be too much but it isn't. It has no feeling of boardiness like the Speeders that I am used to. Don't let the "low launch" label scare you away from the shaft because it really isnt a low launch. I'd say it is a touch lower than a blueboard but a bit less spin. The ball carries a good distance for old range balls in 40* weather...I can only imagine how it carries with a real ball in warmer weather.

I am still in the preliminary stages of testing, and will update this thread when it warms up outside and I get some accurate length numbers on course.

Who did you get to bend your superquad head open....I have one and would like the same treatment but nervous about having the local shops crank on such an expensive head

thanks

gil

I had Todd at BSG crank it. There's no guarantee that it won't crack so it's at your own risk.

ckay, what is your swing speed with he driver??

My SS is around the 118-124 range.

Mine's only 105 - 108.

I'm actually thinking of a tip soft shaft for my 510, 8.5. The loft is probably a little to strong for me and the shaft is a Mitsubishi Rayon X flex (TP-85MT).

The shaft is a little bit stiff for my swing speed, however with a big swing I can really bomb it.

I guess we are all different, and matching the shaft to our head and swing speed, I believe to be critical.

BTW yoou have a great set of clubs.

• 2 weeks later...
Mine's only 105 - 108.

I'm actually thinking of a tip soft shaft for my 510, 8.5. The loft is probably a little to strong for me and the shaft is a Mitsubishi Rayon X flex (TP-85MT).

The shaft is a little bit stiff for my swing speed, however with a big swing I can really bomb it.

I guess we are all different, and matching the shaft to our head and swing speed, I believe to be critical.

BTW yoou have a great set of clubs.

Thank you JLH. I played MP-14s for 7 years because anything I've demo'd did not hold a candle to them...until I had gotten a set of these TP MBs in January 06. I've been dying to game my 03 Miura RAC CBs but my MBs won't allow them to step foot inside my bag.

Back up irons and driving iron:

2003 TaylorMade RAC CB forged by Miura

-DG X100 Blueprinted(37.75" 5 iron, 28* loft, 60.5*, D3 SW)

TaylorMade RAC UT TP 19* Driving Iron

-DG X100 Blueprinted(40.25", 19* loft, 60* lie, D3 SW)

RACCB.jpg

RACTP.jpg