Irons!! Nippon 1150 v/s the rest!!

phonzy

I am looking to install these shafts in my Titleist 755..

How would you compare these

TT BLACK GOLD(REG) - DYNAMIC GOLD (R300) - SOFT STEPPED NIPPON 1150 (Stiff)

The R300 will fly the lowest.

The Black Gold slightly higher

The NS1150 should get up quicker than the rest and flatten out.

The nippon feels better and is easier on your body Imo. not as demanding.

Of the choices listed I think that the Nippons would give the best feel, none of your choices are low trajectory, the Black gold and the Nippons are mid trajectory, the DG's would be higher. The Nippons do play softer than stated flex in my experience, not sure that you would need or want to soft step them!

Of the choices listed I think that the Nippons would give the best feel, none of your choices are low trajectory, the Black gold and the Nippons are mid trajectory, the DG's would be higher. The Nippons do play softer than stated flex in my experience, not sure that you would need or want to soft step them!

The 950GH are softer than stated flex. The 1150GH, however, are pretty true to flex IMO.

Bat

• 2 weeks later...

HOW, in the world, does the average golfer figure out what is best for him???

especially when swinging the same swing twice in a row is difficult???

Edited by idrive

I'd vote for the 1150s soft stepped. I actually don't think that they'll have a higher initiol launch than the other 2. The If the Dynamics were also stiff than they would definitely launch the lowest but the Rs do fly higher and your comparing to a stiff Nippon. You could also play the Nippons a bit stiffer to keep the ball down without worrying about distance loss or harshness.

Edited by goodvibes

• 1 year later...

An interesting note, are you buying the Nippons from Japan or ordering them from a US distributor. Shafts meant for the US market are stiffer than than those intended the Japanese market. Shafts in US OEM (Srixon and Titleist) are true to flex. I have ordered several sets from Japan with the 950 S and loved the flex. I bought a set of Miuras from a US component maker and US Nippon dealer and the 950 S, tapers, were much, much stiffer, truer to US flex ie, S300 stiffness. My Srixon iTours with 950S are far more stiffer than my Golds Factory's with the same shafts.

An interesting note, are you buying the Nippons from Japan or ordering them from a US distributor. Shafts meant for the US market are stiffer than than those intended the Japanese market. Shafts in US OEM (Srixon and Titleist) are true to flex. I have ordered several sets from Japan with the 950 S and loved the flex. I bought a set of Miuras from a US component maker and US Nippon dealer and the 950 S, tapers, were much, much stiffer, truer to US flex ie, S300 stiffness. My Srixon iTours with 950S are far more stiffer than my Golds Factory's with the same shafts.

Interesting, I did not know this. I thought all NS shafts come from Japan and were pretty uniform re: stiffness.

Is it possible that the variation in headweight and/or BBGM causing one setup to play/feel differently?

Interesting, I did not know this. I thought all NS shafts come from Japan and were pretty uniform re: stiffness.

Can anyone confirm or deny? I, like "xchangmax", thought all NS shaft come from Japan and are uniform.

Also, if you play R300's and are considering the 1150's, I'd say you would be better in "r" flex 1150's. If you are looking at the 950's/1050's, then "S" flex may be ok.

I would play a R300, but more so since the R300 run stiff and are standard weight which feels heavy to me. I have a set with the 1150 Stiff, soft stepped once, and it is perfect for me. I think I could even go without the softstep. I think all Nippons are higher launch than DG and that requires more flex at the bottom which gives the overall shaft a softer feel.