YURURI Forged RAW 41* 9 Iron Replacement?!?!?!

Man, a set of these would be good.

Is there any reason they have just done a 41*??

Yeah this is different thats for sure, but im hitting them now and its like throwing darts, it feels that easy but it could just be the honeymoon period.

its more workable and accurate the designer claims and thats what every good player wants in the short irons.

Perhaps he is on to something. I must have a try :tsg_smiley_pimp:

Well, there have certainly been a number of combo sets over the years.

I like the 4* increments, I like the finish and I like the shape. Overall I like the idea. I think you could build a great set by starting with these.

Chris do you have all of these in your bag at the moment??

Certainly I would be interested in a more detailed review, as I'm sure others would be.

Those are soo nice and schnazzy looking. How much would a set of those run? Really interested. Thanks

• 4 weeks later...

Chris, I notice the pitching wedge has crept into your bag.

A mini review would be good.

Sure guys, actually two of his wedges are in the bag. In the last 2 rounds I have a Yururi 4 wedge setup, 45/49 52/57

The 57* has a graphite Axiv shaft installed. So far I love any chipping wedge with them shafts.

ok so the mini review is that these suckers are very soft at impact :tsg_smiley_secret: , the black holds up better than a lot of other brands but what I like most of all about the Yururi wedges is how dialed in my short irons are. Im splitting most greens up into 4 sections. With Yururi its the closest I have ever been to calling which side of the green I want it on. Im swing softer with a better feel at impact now with better results. Of course this could always be the ol honey mood period but I hardly ever change out wedges as my short game is my strongest point but after hitting these in a cage, then on the range and finally on the golf course I realize I live for FEEL, Nothing beats the sensation of a ball compressing at impact with an ultra soft raw grain forged wedge.

Whats cool also is because they are raw you can grind down the leading edge or elsewhere based on your swing type. Use gun blue and restore the black finish to looking almost new.

Yururi rocks, Master Keita is 110% pure passion, he is always designing and trying new exciting things, very low key but expect to see more of Yururi on TSG.

Sure guys, actually two of his wedges are in the bag. In the last 2 rounds I have a Yururi 4 wedge setup, 45/49 52/57

The 57* has a graphite Axiv shaft installed. So far I love any chipping wedge with them shafts.

ok so the mini review is that these suckers are very soft at impact :tsg_smilie_surprise: , the black holds up better than a lot of other brands but what I like most of all about the Yururi wedges is how dialed in my short irons are. Im splitting most greens up into 4 sections. With Yururi its the closest I have ever been to calling which side of the green I want it on. Im swing softer with a better feel at impact now with better results. Of course this could always be the ol honey mood period but I hardly ever change out wedges as my short game is my strongest point but after hitting these in a cage, then on the range and finally on the golf course I realize I live for FEEL, Nothing beats the sensation of a ball compressing at impact with an ultra soft raw grain forged wedge.

Whats cool also is because they are raw you can grind down the leading edge or elsewhere based on your swing type. Use gun blue and restore the black finish to looking almost new.

Yururi rocks, Master Keita is 110% pure passion, he is always designing and trying new exciting things, very low key but expect to see more of Yururi on TSG.

Chris, are you saying these have even more feel than the Epon copper X-models?? I didn't even think that would be possible. I'll stick with my Epons for now but might have to sneak a swing in with the Yururi one of these days.

Chris, what the hell am I going to do with my ViQ short irons lol?

Onto two serious points though. First, for those of you who haven't seen these in person, they are amazing... the grind is a little raw/rough/edgey, but they look like they have been crafted, not rolled off of an assembly line. I haven't gotten them on the course to comment on how they play, yet.

Second, after coming back from a demo day, I could not agree more with Chris about feel and being comfortable with a club. I didn't realize how fussy I was with feel until I picked up a few drivers that sounded a bit off or just felt a little 'funny'. Some of you might be able to make a good swing with a club that feels off (that is really impressive, hats off to you) but I can't do it. Fortunately though, if I find a club that feels good, my confidence goes up quite a bit, and I can make a consistant move through the ball that produces some solid shots.