Allright boys and girls, just a fun little post here. Seems beer and golf sometimes go hand in hand and was just wondering what is the favorite beer of TSG'ers from around the world. I myself love quite a few different styles, ales and lagers mostly. In Japan, Sapporo takes it for me, but since I'm here the US I'll pick a domestic beer. Sam Adams lager, Sierra Nevada Pale Ale and Kona Brewing Company are just few favorites that come to mind. I love them ice cold!

Anyone else care to share their thoughts on this wonderfully delicious topic??

I use to love Guinness. Then I went to Dublin on a golf trip and found out that what I was drinking isn't even close to the sweet nectar that is produce in that factory. Now that I am back at home I hate Guinness and I lay awake at night dreaming about returning to the emerald shores of Ireland just to have one more taste. Even if you don't like Guinness, if you are ever in Ireland DRINK IT. Do it for me.

I drink:

Killian's Irish Red

Newcastle Pale Ale

On a hot summer day Coors Light

jlww3

Ah, many different selections already. Different beers with different foods. Its much like wine in that way. Apologies to all who love their wine, but I've never been able to enjoy wine like I enjoy a good beer. I can appreciate a good wine, but again, apologies, I'm a beer man. A good ale, or a hearty lager, a Hefeweizen on a hot summer day as the sun is setting!! Sapporo and sushi/sashimi would be my last meal if I ever had to choose one.

I have heard that Guiness is best experienced in Ireland and that drinking it anywhere else doesn't come close. I have yet to have that marvelous experience.

I would love to hear more.

I'm from Denmark - the beer country...you know vikings and that stuff :atsg_smilie_roll:

My favorites are, and you probably have never heard of them:

1. Carlberg Carl's ale

2. Royal Ale

3. Royal Red

4. Tuborg Classic

5. Tuborg Gold

Beer what a topic!

Like many posters I have several favourites, Guinness from Ireland ( I agree, not the same anywhere else!), Carlsberg and Tuborg from Scandinavia, Pilsner from The Czech Republic, Sam Adams from the USA, and here at home in England - Black Sheep, Timothy Taylor's Landlord, Mordue Workie Ticket ( Newcastle), Old Peculiar and many more!

Does this make me an alchoholic, I also love red wine and single malt whisky, bourbon, Irish Whiskey and Polish Vodka - all in moderation of course!

Forgot....I also like Newcastle Brown Ale and Guiness (when it's served really cold) :tsg_smilie_laugh:

A Tasmanian Beer, Beez Neez, if you can find Tassie, and find this beer you will be in heaven!!!

• 3 weeks later...

1. Guiness extra cold

2 Heineken Export.

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Beer!

Belgian Beer all the way..... (i used to live 5 mins away from the Stella Artois brewery in Leuven)

Leffe BLonde.... a very common brew but I always come back to it (& u can get it in Hungary.....hurrah!)

• 1 month later...

1. Kronenbourg 1664

2. Stella Artois

3. San Miguel

4. Chang beer

5. Kronenbourg blanc

However my favourites change depending on the time of year. Currently Magners irish cider on ice is the perfect touch on a hot day. Definitely worth a try!

Anyone ever try the Budwar from prague? Americans stole the name and design and created Budwiser. The original is from the Czech Republic, but let me tell you its much much better. Its like drinking Amstel or Heineken in Amsterdam.

The worse is drinking Asahi that has been bottled in Italy. Gross!

European's make the best beer in the world!

one of the best tasting beers in my opinion is beamish. its a rich full bodied beer from scotland. reminds me of rootbeer:)

other than that

stella artois

red rooster

and of course, san miguel beer!

On a side note, Japan just released Pepsi Cucumber Flavor!

i am curious as to how that would taste like? can you send me a can along with my wedges? :atsg_smilie_roll: