Epon releases Technity Forged 7 & 8 Woods

Is there anything these guys can't do??

Very nice indeed!!

And the feel of these are out of this world. At least to me.

My 7 wood has already been ordered and should be here any day. After a few rounds you all know I'll share my thoughts about it.

And the feel of these are out of this world. At least to me.

My 7 wood has already been ordered and should be here any day. After a few rounds you all know I'll share my thoughts about it.

I look forward to this review as I need to add a 7 wood to my bag. I tend to sweep rather than hit and have found that fairway woods work much better for me than hybrids. Thus I'm looking to dump my hybrid and carry both a 7 and 9 wood.

I look forward to this review as I need to add a 7 wood to my bag. I tend to sweep rather than hit and have found that fairway woods work much better for me than hybrids. Thus I'm looking to dump my hybrid and carry both a 7 and 9 wood.

This 7 wood is an attempt to replace my two hybrids since I put the 4 iron and a 60 wedge back in the bag. I'm looking to be able to hit many of the same shots I hit with the two hybrids, long par threes and yardages anywhere from 180-220+ from the fairway depending upon the course I'm playing and the conditions I'm playing under. And of course since I have this new found love affair with Epon clubs, I couldn't think of better way to go, especially since I can get custom specs such as 1.5 degrees flat. Jacque sent me the shipping info today so it should be in the bag for the upcoming rounds Thursday and Tuesday!!

I believe Chris is playing the 9 wood and by all accounts he's really liking it, but I'll allow him to elaborate on that.

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't put it into play enough times yet to give you a complete review, but this 7-wood is very, very nice. Feel is just like the 3 wood that's been in the bag for a couple months now. Shoe if you're serious about putting a 7 and 9 wood in the bag, you really need to consider going the route of the Epon. After a few more rounds and a long-day range session I'll be able to give you a better idea of its versatility. However, I think these clubs will handle whatever you need them to do.

do the new Epon fwys have the same sound and feel as the last ones?

Its a different feel. The old version was Titanium and foamed. The new version is cold rolled forged steel and feels very very good unlike the last version that was dead mute.

Its a different feel. The old version was Titanium and foamed. The new version is cold rolled forged steel and feels very very good unlike the last version that was dead mute.

Ari,

I never hit the "old" Technica woods but these Technity's are pure joy. Its hard to describe the feel except to say its the "right" one. Feedback is tremendous. I know exactly where the ball is going at impact. Never hit a better "feeling" wood. Ever.

I prefer the gfield woods to the Epon woods. just easier to get them up and a better trjactory. More zing. I know shoe95 will be trying one this week and given that he has the gfield, I am looking forward to his comparison.

G-Field is easier to get into the air because of its shallow face. I noticed the Epons go pretty low compared to others.

Im playing the 3+, 5, and 9 wood combo right now.

Blader X is another one who has owned both.

Feedback is tremendous. I know exactly where the ball is going at impact. Never hit a better "feeling" wood. Ever.

Amen to that!!!

I am currently playing the 15 & 18* with the 22* on the way.

I have never hit a fairway wood that even came close to feel and performance. The Quattro tech shaft is a perfect combination... for me.

Idrive, you and I have some very similar views on our equipment, for sure.

I have hit the GFT's by G-Field and still have the 4 wood in the bag. I'm not discounting that its a very fine club but the Epon edges even that out in my game. Still, the GFT is a useful club.

sorry if i'm being a bit dense but are ALL the Epon Technity woods now ss rather than TI, or is it just the 7 & 9??