Pro Gear PRGR 900MD Forged 699.00 + Shipping!

TourSpecGolfer

4-PW 699.00 + 55 Shipping Express from Japan. They are brand new in the plastic with the Steel Spec M-43 shaft which plays to a Stiff/Reg Flex. This price wont last long, They are very expensive irons Endo forged of double stamped 1025 J.I.S steel. Geared toward the 10 or below handicap player.

900md_001.jpg

900md2_001.jpg

900MD3.jpg

900md4.jpg

900md5.jpg

900md6.jpg

900md7.jpg

Picture_166.jpg

Picture_171.jpg

Picture_245.jpg

Great price! Is it one set you're selling at this price or is this a limited time offer on more than one set?

4I PRGR 900MD (M-43 ST) 23°38.25inch 60.0°397g D0.5

5I PRGR 900MD (M-43 ST) 26°37.75inch 60.5°404g D0.5

6I PRGR 900MD (M-43 ST) 29°37.25inch 61.0°412g D0.5

7I PRGR 900MD (M-43 ST) 32°36.75inch 61.5°419g D0.5

8I PRGR 900MD (M-43 ST) 36°36.25inch 62.0°427g D0.5

9I PRGR 900MD (M-43 ST) 41°35.75inch 62.5°434g D0.5

PW PRGR 900MD (M-43 ST) 46°35.25inch 63.0°443g D0.5

When Chris says these are expensive regularly he isn't kidding... They are regularly like $1400

Gocchin,

Any feedback/experience on these shafts? weight/Torque/Trajectory/etc.

I have learned the hard way that it is best to keep anything and everything bought from Japan in it's stock form. So I try to order clubs that have shafts that are near to what would fit me.

Where would these be sent from because custom duties to Canada would eliminate most of the savings on the cost. I learned the hard way when I purchased an Axiv shaft for TSG. I do love the shaft however.

They are close to 1400USD regularly, I highly doubt the duty will be another 700USD. It's the price we pay for living in Canada. I hate the taxes and duty as much as you do. Maybe Chris can help you out a bit but declaring a slightly lower value.

@XXIO: They are around 93-98g depending on the iron, 2* torque on the 4iron down to 1.6* for the PW. Mid kick on the 4-5 iron and High kick on the 6-PW. PRGR has always used their own proprietary shafts but they have been regarded to be on par with the likes of Nippon . The numeric number relates to the headspeed in meters per second. I haven't had the pleasure of playing them myself... yet. ^^

Where would these be sent from because custom duties to Canada would eliminate most of the savings on the cost. I learned the hard way when I purchased an Axiv shaft for TSG. I do love the shaft however.

Just to add to Goccin's reply, your expectation should be approximately 25% on declared value for duties and GST. You might get away for components such as heads, shaft etc but probably not finished clubs. My single Epon wedge and Axiv shaft from TSG attracted 0 tax and duties. TSG cost + shipping +25% of TSG cost should be your worst case scenario which I still believe be a good deal since PRGR is not available in Canada unless you want to buy my old set of 10 years.

I got to hit the 7 iron. They look awesome in person. Didn't hit enough to figure out its tendencies but the few shots I hit had a boring medium height trajectory, and the feel at impact was nice and soft. Very nice clubs. Compared to my MP-32s, they were bigger in overall size but definitely not bulky. These are clubs that I can definitely play with. You can tell these are of high quality, for example, the butt ends of the grips have a number/letter corresponding to number/letter stamped on the bottom of the iron.

Chris, are these fully made & finished in Endo Japan? How do these compare to Epons and Miuras?

Edited by leepark

I got to hit the 7 iron. They look awesome in person. Didn't hit enough to figure out its tendencies but the few shots I hit had a boring medium height trajectory, and the feel at impact was nice and soft. Very nice clubs. Compared to my MP-32s, they were bigger in overall size but definitely not bulky. These are clubs that I can definitely play with. You can tell these are of high quality, for example, the butt ends of the grips have a number/letter corresponding to number/letter stamped on the bottom of the iron.

Chris, are these fully made & finished in Endo Japan? How do these compare to Epons and Miuras?

Yes Mr. Park they are fully made & finished at Endo Japan. Im pretty sure its 1020 like the Type J.

I have always loved the looks of this Iron. What a screaming deal!!!

These just might be the right clubs to back up my back up set that backs up my backup set! :tsg_smilie_surprise:

• 4 weeks later...

I would love to see the top line pics as well. How much offset? If you had to compare these to another set on the market, would they be MP-60's or something in the medium size. I have a perfect set of shafts for these so I'm assuming they are taper tip correct? Do you think I'm going to have a hard time bringing them up to D3?

I would love to see the top line pics as well. How much offset? If you had to compare these to another set on the market, would they be MP-60's or something in the medium size. I have a perfect set of shafts for these so I'm assuming they are taper tip correct? Do you think I'm going to have a hard time bringing them up to D3?

Sorry im not taking any more pics of these. I would rate these more player than the MP-60, not medium size, i consider these compact. You can bring these much heavier than D3 with some tip weighting.