Pro Gear PRGR 900MD Forged 699.00 + Shipping!

TourSpecGolfer

Anyone know the tip diameter? I want to pull the trigger on a set of these; they look sweet!

Just get the set and forget about the tip diameter. Anything from PRGR is good regardless even their stock shafts if you know your JDM. Play with it for awhile before changing.

anyone know the weight of the Steel Spec M-43 shaft?

As I posted on the first page (^_^)

They are around 93-98g depending on the iron, 2* torque on the 4iron down to 1.6* for the PW. Mid kick on the 4-5 iron and High kick on the 6-PW. PRGR has always used their own proprietary shafts but they have been regarded to be on par with the likes of Nippon . The numeric number relates to the headspeed in meters per second. I haven't had the pleasure of playing them myself... yet. ^^

Hi T:

The site lists them as from 104 to 106 g. I am guessing it is somewhere between nspro 1150 and 950. How about a 1050?

Hi T:

The site lists them as from 104 to 106 g. I am guessing it is somewhere between nspro 1150 and 950. How about a 1050?

That's for M-46 which is listed in the spec sheet with the MD900's on the PRGR site.... I had to look at aniother set of irons to get the weight for the M-43's which are 93-98g. ^^

Of couse you are right T but what is 10 g between friends? Anyway, do you know whether 1025 steel is the same as S 25C steel?

Of couse you are right T but what is 10 g between friends? Anyway, do you know whether 1025 steel is the same as S 25C steel?

Yes my friend, I think it in fact is the same:

1018/1020/1025/1045=SS41/S20C/S25C/S45C

4-PW 699.00 + 55 Shipping Express from Japan. They are brand new in the plastic with the Steel Spec M-43 shaft which plays to a Stiff/Reg Flex. This price wont last long, They are very expensive irons Endo forged of double stamped 1025 J.I.S steel. Geared toward the 10 or below handicap player.

900md_001.jpg

900md2_001.jpg

900MD3.jpg

900md4.jpg

900md5.jpg

900md6.jpg

900md7.jpg

Picture_166.jpg

Picture_171.jpg

Picture_245.jpg

PM Sent

The best looking PRGR irons in recent years but too bad the shaft is too stiff for me. I can only play up to a M-40. I hope you would get them at this price.

PM Sent

Shafts are the lesser stiff of the two standard offers, no? (43, 46)

I think I'm in. I'm trying to figure out the lie angles. My three iron is 57*, the PRGR is 60*. The MP-14's are exactly one club weaker in loft (with half a degree variation in the 9 and PW). That's one club weaker, lol. I'd like to simply match the lie angles; the four iron to my present three iron, five to my four, and so on. MP-14's are flatter than most, with the 6 iron at 60* and they suit me perfectly. I'll have to consider the gap this will create as well from the PW at 46* loft (my next wedge is 52*). Not too bad. Cannot resist; great deal. I personally think these are the most aesthetically appealing irons I've ever seen.

I just received my set yesterday!! Thanks to Chris and the Tour Spec Gang for getting my clubs shipped out in an amazing 3 days. I paid on Friday and played with them on Monday. These are the most forgiving forged CBs I have played. Definitely less offset and bigger face area than my '05-'06 X-Blade CBs.

I will try to take some topline pics compared to my: MR 23 Blade, MR 23 CB, 2005 X-Blade CB, 2007 X-Blade CB, 2005 TM CB Japan...all mint BTW!

"I will try to take some topline pics compared to my: MR 23 Blade, MR 23 CB, 2005 X-Blade CB, 2007 X-Blade CB, 2005 TM CB Japan...all mint BTW! "

:atsg_smilie_roll: This is crazy and you have all these sets at the sametime?

"I will try to take some topline pics compared to my: MR 23 Blade, MR 23 CB, 2005 X-Blade CB, 2007 X-Blade CB, 2005 TM CB Japan...all mint BTW! "

:atsg_smilie_roll: This is crazy and you have all these sets at the sametime?

Unfortunately yes. And I forgot about the 201's. The X Blades are still in the original box. All sets are perfect except the '05 x blade cbs are my gamers. I will post a pic of the whole family in the "Import section".

God bless you man (I have eight million sets myself) and going to pull the trigger tomorrow as well. Great deal; are they really big compared to the XCB's? Sweet looking in person? Thanks

I can't justify selling them because of the condition and the "rare" factor with some of the sets.

They are a great deal. Especially when you see the quality of the clubs in person. The faces are slightly larger than the '05 x blade cb but do not look big or overly large in anyway. As I said before very forgiving with better misses than the other sets I own (at least for my swing). I may reshaft them with NS 950 as I really like this shaft.

:tsg_smiley_crazy: This is crazy and you have all these sets at the sametime?

Hey 10 Footer,

Noticed you have a set of MR-23 CB's along with many other sets. A golf rep for Bridgestone said he has a brand new set, still in plastic, of MR-23 Cb's and would sell them to me for like around $400. So, do you like them and do you think I should take the deal and get them.

Thanks,

Doc

Edited by The Doc

Hey 10 Footer,

Noticed you have a set of MR-23 CB's along with many other sets. A golf rep for Bridgestone said he has a brand new set, still in plastic, of MR-23 Cb's and would sell them to me for like around $400. So, do you like them and do you think I should take the deal and get them.

Thanks,

Doc

Absolutely!!! I paid $560 for my mint set in February and had multiple offers after the auction finished. I bet you could make a couple/several of hundred dollars if you turned around and sold them the same day. They are a beautiful set but not too forgiving for a CB. Similar to the Taylor Made RAC CBs...plays a little more forgiving than a blade but nothing like other CBs. If you are a good ball striker and like a blade profile, these are what you are looking for. If you want a forgiving forged CB...not the best fit. Let me know if you buy them and want to sell them new!

I almost forgot, there are two models of MR 23 CBs. One with a checkerboard back (game improvement club) and the highly sought after MR 23 US spec CB.