I will send someone a free pack of balls if they can explain Matrix's shaft line.

Mjr. D

Ok, i'm loosing it. What is the deal with their shafts?

Altus, Medius, Infra, TP-7, Xcon, Code 5,6,7,8 F-7M, F7M-2, some other hybrid ones and apparently some new protos? Seriously, like WTF!!?

I'm looking to fit either a 3 wood or a hybrid with one of their 927452711 shafts currently in their lineup, shockingly though, i can't seem to narrow it down. I don't even know what 3/4 of them are for. PLEASE PLEASE EASE MY PAIN.

I'm looking for a 80-85g and a 90-95g shaft. Thanks.

Im no absolute expert but this might help.

Basically the TP series has the Boron, Zylon and GMAT in the shafts which adds to the stability and expense. The Xcon series has the Zylon and GMAT, and the Code Series has only the GMAT. All three shafts are extremely smooth and stable.

5,6,7,8 relate to the wieght range of the shafts, ie 7=70g ish

What is Speical about the OZIK ?

- Ozik is a compilation of 4 materials from around the world:

- High modulus graphite, Boron from the U.S.A – No one should mistake our boron usage for what has been done in the past. We have wrapped 2 46” boron sleeves over the length of the shaft at competing angles (patent pending). This provides 2 tons of impact force at contact – ultimate stability and energy transfer. This allows us to keep a high static torque while having the lowest static torque among any shaft we have tested -- more kick, yet more stability.

- Ballistic Zylon from Japan – The strongest man-made fiber in the world. Zylon is a fibrous material used most often in ballistic applications. Zylon is wrapped over the boron – this absorbs the vibration off the metal – allows for an ultra-smooth feel despite being stout at impact. Zylon is also amazing for shaft recovery and overall feel.

- G-MAT from the UK – G-MAT is a newer material that acts as a “casing” or “finishing” material. Many shafts are made to tight tolerances initially but then change after repeated heating and cooling (during the manufacturing process or, say, in and out of a trunk in Missouri in August). G-MAT cases the shaft and insures long-lasting consistency, tighter tolerances, and durability.

- The standard OZIK have 12” of boron rather than 46” x 2, but use a more aggressive lay-up pattern that is biased to proper recover. OZIK is the fast-recover, ball-speed-increaser, OZIK TP is the ultimate-stability, ultimate-energy-transferer.

- What does it all do? The Boron-cross ply brings less resistance to torque. People 'hate' high torque when the twisting is all over the place or biased against their club path. The full boron ply prevents clubhead twisting at impact, creates a low "dynamic torque" applied in the correct path, and provides 2 tons of "impact force" club-to-ball. The clubhead isn't twisting anywhere. Zylon is just as important. Zylon, layed in MCC's design, accelerates the rate of clubhead return. It also serves to dampen/kill vibration off the boron. This keeps the smooth feel.

Mr Rambo, fantastic explanation!!

So.....the Ozik TP-6 would be the value point as it's only $650 - cough, choke, sputter - and it has it all. Where the other TP's are $1,000?

I guess my question is this: To any of you who have hit this shaft and the AXIV shafts (or any other high end shaft) - can you tell the difference? And do you have to be swinging either at high speed, say over 110 MPH, or have a very quick transition to feel or experience any difference? Would anyone swinging smoothly at 100 MPH get any benefit from spending an addition $400 to $600?

Edited by Redhaze737

So.....the Ozik TP-6 would be the value point as it's only $650 - cough, choke, sputter - and it has it all. Where the other TP's are $1,000?

I guess my question is this: To any of you who have hit this shaft and the AXIV shafts (or any other high end shaft) - can you tell the difference? And do you have to be swinging either at high speed, say over 110 MPH, or have a very quick transition to feel or experience any difference? Would anyone swinging smoothly at 100 MPH get any benefit from spending an addition $400 to $600?

Oh i'm pretty sure they wouldn't. U know how it is.......give something a outlandish price tag and people associate it with being the best, or special, and of course we then convince ourselves we need it and figure out ways in our minds to justify it. Hell, i want it!

Oh i'm pretty sure they wouldn't. U know how it is.......give something a outlandish price tag and people associate it with being the best, or special, and of course we then convince ourselves we need it and figure out ways in our minds to justify it. Hell, i want it!

Oh, Ok that works. :=)

Mrambo gave an excellent rundown.

There's no need to get distracted by all the variety - many are totally unsuitable for even very strong swingers (the 8M2 is too low launch/low spin for anyone short of the Tour, imo) and many are out of your preferred weight range. For your particular needs it's really simple - put a Code 8 in your 3w and either the Altus or Infra hybrid in your hybrid - pick the Altus unless you REALLY need to keep the ball down. These are also relatively affordable with minimum advertised prices of $300 and $165 respectively. I'm an MCC dealer, and those are the two shafts I sell the most of, along with the Code/XCon 6, with good reason. If the Altus were a little less pricey I'd sell more of those.

The owners of this site are MCC dealers, and I'd start with them - simple.

Mrambo gave an excellent rundown.

There's no need to get distracted by all the variety - many are totally unsuitable for even very strong swingers (the 8M2 is too low launch/low spin for anyone short of the Tour, imo) and many are out of your preferred weight range. For your particular needs it's really simple - put a Code 8 in your 3w and either the Altus or Infra hybrid in your hybrid - pick the Altus unless you REALLY need to keep the ball down. These are also relatively affordable with minimum advertised prices of $300 and $165 respectively. I'm an MCC dealer, and those are the two shafts I sell the most of, along with the Code/XCon 6, with good reason. If the Altus were a little less pricey I'd sell more of those.

The owners of this site are MCC dealers, and I'd start with them - simple.

What's the 8M2? Never heard of it. I do need that low spin, low launch. Curious.

8M Squared or 8M2 - high-80 gram range, low torque, very, very low launch and spin. Designed for FWs for the strongest swingers. Not on my last inventory list but they may be in stock by now.