Shokosugi's bag

shokosugi

Here's my club for this year, thanks to Chris.

Driver: Callaway Hyper ERC 9.5 S

3Wood: Taylormade Vsteel 5 Wood: Prgr Duo Hit

Iron: Honma Beres 801 R (4 - PW)

Wedges: 56 and 60 Scratch golf

Putter: Bettinardi BB-41

post-2746-1180456023.jpg

post-2746-1180456054.jpg

post-2746-1180456045.jpg

post-2746-1180456076.jpg

post-2746-1180456085.jpg

post-2746-1180456092.jpg

post-2746-1180456098.jpg

post-2746-1180456115.jpg

post-2746-1180456121.jpg

post-2746-1180456138.jpg

post-2746-1180456930.jpg

post-2746-1180456935.jpg

My old clubs:

post-2746-1180456350.jpg

post-2746-1180456356.jpg

Edited by shokosugi

Great looking setup :tsg_smilie_smile2:

Try and leave some feedback on the clubs when you get a chance. I know I'm interested in feedback on all of them. :tsg_smiley_crazy:

:tsg_smilie_smile2:

Wow! Nice stuff :tsg_smilie_smile2:

Thank you for the comments guys.

As far as the Honma irons, I love them. The feel is amazing, it's effortless feel on impact. Forgiveness is also one of the main reason I went with this series. Its almost as forgiving as the callaway x-20 if not, better. The only thing I had to make a major adjustment are the loft of these clubs. IMO Honma made too much "+" on them that I'm getting 10-15 yds more carry than my normal distance. Their Pitching iron for instance has a loft of 43 compare to a normal 49. So, I have to order a gap wedge of 50 or 52 degree. Overall conclusion I don't think I will own another brand of irons other than honma. (it's like driving a BMW vs. FORD, CHEVY or CHRYSLER). They really put in alot of quality, detail and functionality for game improvement hence the high cost of the club. (which made me hide the receipt from the wife :tsg_smilie_laugh:). But I'm really glaaaad that this club is an improvement to my game and gives me confidence when I take them out of my bag. It makes it all worth the $$$.

Now for the Callaway Hyper ERC, IMO, BEST driver I ever hit and I've tried almost all of em american made brands (incl my honma driver 400rf, TM, Titleist, Nike, Cobra, Ping, etc..) The Sound I don't have to tell you is unbelievable (ppl will look at you in the range) The feel is med. soft and the DISTANCE is where it pays off. I was a 250 to 260 driver now I'm at 280 on average and will carry to 300 with wind and roll. No, exaggeration on my part just my honest experience. Well that is it for now until I get more new stuff I will update.

Very good looking bag of sticks and great photos!! How do you like the Honma irons?
Edited by shokosugi

Wow as forgiving as X-20's??? That's pretty darn forgiving. And they look way better (and feel way better too of course...) Thanks for the info!

Do you have some pics of the irons at address? Just want to get an idea of how big they are compared to a golf ball?

The Honma irons are simply beautiful. shokosugi, do you know the loft of your 5 iron? As you have said a 43* pitching wedge is very strong.

I have a Bettinardi putter and swear by it. The more I play, the better the putter gets.

Could we get some more photos and a performance review of your Scratch wedges. I notice the 56* is raw and the 60* is black. Is there a reason for the different finishes??

Overall a great rig!!

Those Honma sticks look amazing! So seriously guys, what's the general consensus with Honma golf? Overpriced? Solid? Nice looking but not worth it? Top of the line? I've never really read anything on them, other than the prices...........which are obviously on the high end. How does their equipment compare with some of the other top brands.........american and japanese? Thanks.

Hey Jack,

The 5 iron loft is 24. Yes, this 8 series from honma is simply beautiful. I can't stop staring at them and makes my eyes glazed all the time. And I agree with your opinion on bettinardi putters. I have mine for 3 years now. I always upgrade my clubs almost every year but that's the only thing that I don't intend to upgrade in my bag. They are just so pure on putting and saves me alot of strokes.

Scatch wedges I bought from Chris 2 years ago and they have a soft feel since they are forged. They are on the heavy side and slightly bigger than your normal wedge(which makes it more forgiving for me). My 56 raw is very accurate wedge, spin is low but does check the ball. As far as the 2 different colors, its just for me so I can easily tell which is my sand and lob w.

post-2746-1180622654.jpg

post-2746-1180622660.jpg

The Honma irons are simply beautiful. shokosugi, do you know the loft of your 5 iron? As you have said a 43* pitching wedge is very strong.

I have a Bettinardi putter and swear by it. The more I play, the better the putter gets.

Could we get some more photos and a performance review of your Scratch wedges. I notice the 56* is raw and the 60* is black. Is there a reason for the different finishes??

Overall a great rig!!

WOW :tsg_smiley_question:

Absolutely beautiful irons! Your pics are well done and simply gorgeous to drool over. Thanks for sharing!!

Both bags are definite TourSpec quality!!