I can't stand PayPal due to their rising fees, etc. I've had negative experiences both on the selling and buying side.

I've recently closed my account in protest.

I can't stand PayPal due to their rising fees, etc. I've had negative experiences both on the selling and buying side.

I've recently closed my account in protest.

Good man, I would to but i need it as everyone has it. I cant stand Ebay's increased fee's also, makes sense as Ebay owns paypal.

Best way is to pay by Credit Card, more protection and you get points.

Good man, I would to but i need it as everyone has it. I cant stand Ebay's increased fee's also, makes sense as Ebay owns paypal.

Best way is to pay by Credit Card, more protection and you get points.

Wise man. Anything over $100 I use my Amex through Paypal. The other advantage is on the rare occasion you do get screwed by a seller AmEx are like bulldogs where Paypal sits on their hands.

Wise man. Anything over $100 I use my Amex through Paypal. The other advantage is on the rare occasion you do get screwed by a seller AmEx are like bulldogs where Paypal sits on their hands.

This is true. I just refuse to give PayPal my business anymore. I was one of the original members when they opened shop. I figure I'll just pick up all of my golf goods from Chris instead of eBay, where many auctions now require a PayPal account.

On a side not guys, I suggest the Citi Premier Pass Elite Level credit card.

Click here to see card

If you connect it to their checking account you get points for deposits.

If you fly with friends and put their tickets on your card you not only get everyones value amount but you also get their flying miles also.

It works with all airlines, and in the rewards program you can custom create your own.

only draw back is the annual fee but I must say its very quick and easy if utilized properly to get 200,000 points.

paypal is one reason I bought loads of ebay stock a while back. Unfortunately (or fortunately for my ebay stock holdings), the network effect is in play with paypal and its hard to beat from that perspective.... ultimately, it will be up against the VISA/ Mastercard network.....because of the cross country feature....

I can pay by credit card to Chris....but will I pay by credit card to anybody else on this site or another site.... NO.... because of the anonymity factor with paypal it works, i dont have to worry about my credit card details being with a person I dont know....also, can I accept credit cards for any of the for sale listings.... NO, because I am not a merchant..... Paypal works beautifully there///

So Paypal is going to be around... and it should get only stronger over time.....

paypal is one reason I bought loads of ebay stock a while back. Unfortunately (or fortunately for my ebay stock holdings), the network effect is in play with paypal and its hard to beat from that perspective.... ultimately, it will be up against the VISA/ Mastercard network.....because of the cross country feature....

I can pay by credit card to Chris....but will I pay by credit card to anybody else on this site or another site.... NO.... because of the anonymity factor with paypal it works, i dont have to worry about my credit card details being with a person I dont know....also, can I accept credit cards for any of the for sale listings.... NO, because I am not a merchant..... Paypal works beautifully there///

So Paypal is going to be around... and it should get only stronger over time.....

Agree. I prefer to be non-conforming (much like the XR-03 I just listed). There will be many more competitors over time. No matter what site, everyone is at risk for identity theft if they use/or don't use their CC online.

tour-md

How are you accepting payment for the items you sell without a paypal account??

Don't get me wrong... I put my vote on I hate Paypal. :tsg_smilie_mad:

tour-md

How are you accepting payment for the items you sell without a paypal account??

Don't get me wrong... I put my vote on I hate Paypal. :tsg_smilie_mad:

I haven't figured that out yet : ). I would be willing to take a personal check/money order.

What a great move on my part closing my account then having a moving in sale. I should be able to dig up a few more items to post.

I haven't figured that out yet : ). I would be willing to take a personal check/money order.

What a great move on my part closing my account then having a moving in sale. I should be able to dig up a few more items to post.

money orders/checks??? i know people know you here so that might be ok, but that leaves buyers with no security if the seller is a thief. A money order is essentially sending cash to a stranger and a check gives that stranger your bank account number, address, and for some people, there driver's license number. i use american express through paypal when i buy; if a seller accepted check/money order only, he/she would never get a sale from me.

money orders/checks??? i know people know you here so that might be ok, but that leaves buyers with no security if the seller is a thief. A money order is essentially sending cash to a stranger and a check gives that stranger your bank account number, address, and for some people, there driver's license number. i use american express through paypal when i buy; if a seller accepted check/money order only, he/she would never get a sale from me.

I guess I can count you out for a sale : ).

Here is a PayPal scam. A PowerSeller on eBay offers PGA Tour equipment at a reasonable price and accepts PayPal. You purchase the item (which is below $250 so that no signature confirmation is needed) and pay with PayPal. The seller in turn ships out an empty box with a delivery confirmation tag to the zip code area (not the actual address). The buyer does not receive the item, and files a claim with PayPal. Delivery confirmation states that the item is delivered. The buyer loses out. [the buyer really isn't protected from his/her sale]

If buyers are uncomfortable with it then no problem, they can opt not to purchase any of my items.