opinions of the Gauge design Eldik ace

Spoon

guys i have the oppurtunity to buy one from a friend at a good price. i was wondering if this putter is any good and compares and comes close to the legendary g-field premium/performance zones. thanks in advance.

Older model before the Premium zone time... High MOI type of putter. Never used one myself but supposed to be pretty good if you like neo-mallet style...

Older model before the Premium zone time... High MOI type of putter. Never used one myself but supposed to be pretty good if you like neo-mallet style...

thanks. i actually am a neo mallet person, find the anser style not to my liking. love the sight lines. was just curious if the "feel" was any good. il have a review once i get the putter cant go wrong with the price:)

also considering a Gauge Design Player Zone Code-3 , which would be the better one?

Edited by Spoon

I would stay away from the Eldik Ace and get the Leap instead.

Also the Player Zone i would skip all together.

chris i am curious pn your comments on the eldik ace and player zone?

Chris is actually right as always, Carlo, if you like neo-mallets, NOTHING beats the Leap M in my opnion... feel on impact is like the Premium Zone but it's a neo mallet!!

I would stay away from the Eldik Ace and get the Leap instead.

Chris, are these leap m putters still obtainable?

edited: just saw the leap m putters, they are ugly looking imho. i could never use a putter im not attracted to:)

Edited by Spoon

how do you know if he is right if you have never tried one?? :atsg_smilie_gauge:

Just stating his opinion here, what is yours? Code Zero is like a white hot putter at 350g, the Eldik Ace has a aluminum insert, hollow body and gives off a clink, compared to the leap which is 350g with the premium zone insert and the premium zone vs the code its an easy pick.

Yup just my opinion... there are many mallets I haven't tried... just too many out there... but owning 20+ Gauges/G-Field's I'm making a guess that with the Eld**k being older and based on it's materials I'm guessing it feelwise it won't be like like the Leap M which I do own and love. Feels just like the premium zone but in neo mallet form!

But Carlo, you're right as I've always said before, a putter is so personal, you are not alone when you say you think the Leap is ugly. Robert (duffer19) thinks my leap looks like batman on a stick, haha, which it probably does but it works and feels great due to it's balance, weighting and soft feel. I personally like it's unique look! But to each his own as one person's love is another's hate. (^_^)

I played the Ace for 9 holes after playing the Original Teflon coated Eldik for about a year. The Ace had no feel and the most annoying sounding putter I have ever played.

If the Leap doesn't suit your eye try to find the original Eldik. Great putter.

LEAP vs LEAP M

Leap is shorter heel to toe with a thicker top line making it easier for the average putter.

Leap M is longer heel to toe thinner top line with a more shallow face making it better for the more advanced putter.

Same theory as the #1 vs #2 premium zone putters.

Shorter heel to toe reduces head twist during the putting stroke.

Spoon:

Just buy the one that looks good to you and thats that. It is only a putter and you can adjust to any putter not unlike a set of irons. If it does not work out, just put it aside and play with it 6 months later.

Spoon:

Just buy the one that looks good to you and thats that. It is only a putter and you can adjust to any putter not unlike a set of irons. If it does not work out, just put it aside and play with it 6 months later.

true, true although the putter i would really like to own are the premium zone putters. hard to come by though nowadays.

true, true although the putter i would really like to own are the premium zone putters. hard to come by though nowadays.

That was not true a month ago as there were at least over 10 premium zones (in a sale bin) at Central Golf in Hong Kong and Chris was also saying that shops in Japan were dumping them. Maybe they are not popular in the P. I. hence difficult to find.

the eldik ace in my opinion was the worst of all the eldik's. the older eldik's were awesome. i haven't tried the leap's so i will NOT tell you which one is better or agree with someone else because it would only be a guess. heavy headed eldik's were awesome. eldik m was unbelievable. i still putt with an eldik prototype.

the eldik ace in my opinion was the worst of all the eldik's. the older eldik's were awesome. i haven't tried the leap's so i will NOT tell you which one is better or agree with someone else because it would only be a guess. heavy headed eldik's were awesome. eldik m was unbelievable. i still putt with an eldik prototype.

thats what i heard. in fact there is a picture of a all black g-filed/gauge putter in flatstick pics that looks like an eldik although it wasnt hollow.. there was a solid billet on the side similar to a scotty newport detour but chunkier. that looked awesome. never got the name of it

thats what i heard. in fact there is a picture of a all black g-filed/gauge putter in flatstick pics that looks like an eldik although it wasnt hollow.. there was a solid billet on the side similar to a scotty newport detour but chunkier. that looked awesome. never got the name of it

Link us and ill let you know.

chris,

here ya go

SPSP.jpg

EldikSP.jpg

Yeah thats the Eldik SP it had swirl milling and 4 tungsten ingots. I dont have any more but this is what I do have:

Balde33

Eldik Ace 33

Eldik Ace 34

Eldik 33

Eldik 34

Eldik M 33

Eldik M 34

Giga 33

Long Neck Putter 34

Mega 33

Tubu BK 34

Tera 33

Tera 34

Tour-3 34

Tubu C BK 34

Tubu 34

Yeah thats the Eldik SP it had swirl milling and 4 tungsten ingots. I dont have any more but this is what I do have:

Balde33

Eldik Ace 33

Eldik Ace 34

Eldik 33

Eldik 34

Eldik M 33

Eldik M 34

Giga 33

Long Neck Putter 34

Mega 33

Tubu BK 34

Tera 33

Tera 34

Tour-3 34

Tubu C BK 34

Tubu 34

thanks chris.

People in Japan seem to really like the original Eld**k... I've been wanting to try the M as well... It's definitely a high MOI mallet there.

Balde33

Eldik Ace 33

Eldik Ace 34

Eldik 33

Eldik 34

Eldik M 33

Eldik M 34

Giga 33

Long Neck Putter 34

Mega 33

Tubu BK 34

Tera 33

Tera 34

Tour-3 34

Tubu C BK 34

Tubu 34

How much do you want for the eldik 34?

got my putters today. 1 premium zone #1 and 1 leap. both feel exceptionally well built and well balanced. although i am more impressed with the feel and putting motion of the leap. its just well built and feels like an extension of my arm. i cannot wait to test on my game tom!