Gold's golf clubs

can anybody tell me anything about golds factory wedges the price is high for the stage 5 wedge is it as good as the price suggest thanks

well you get what you pay for:) in the case of the stage 5/6 wedges these are entirely made by sasaya-san who is very well known for making one of the finest golf clubs in the world. So if your willing to shell out and wait quite a while then you cant get any better than these.

Epon X wedge is supposedly better. I have it and i can't imagine anything better.

I play Golds Flat back irons with NS Pro 1150 R flex. Fantastic feel, very accurate & you can play all sorts of shots depending on your ability. Forgiving for a blade iron, mis**ts are tend to be distance loss rather than direction. The iron has copper underlay so it's quite soft & you can feel as if the iron head wraps around the ball when you flush it. I haven't tried the cavity model but I guess it's probably even easier to play.

Stage 5's are the ultimate pieces of hand made work. Forged in house and totally hand crafted and finished... they are so amazing people buy them even for collection (I know I would!). Here is Sasaya's latest set:

stage5.jpg

I have the stage 5 wedge. Haven't taken the plastic off the grip yet. Have chipped with it extensively around the house. Butta. It has yet to go outside. I must admit I have it more as a collectors piece than a wedge to use on the golf course. Someday soon I may be able to post a revue from the golf course instead of the carpet.

Stage 4

Super soft feel. Nicely balanced. I love the dark finish, no glare. VERY sharp grooves, just destroys a golf ball with a 3/4 to full swing. IMO the wedge is best in the hands of an experienced player. Not meant for the average player. The experienced player will make this wedge sing. Understanding wedge play and how to make the grooves work for your shot is needed. Again, IMO

I have a set of the Cavity back irons. Outstanding clubs. They would be in the bag full time if not for the EPONS. They are currently challenging for their place in my #1 bag. I have played about 5 rounds with them and love them more every time I play them.

I doubt I will ever Putt with anything but a Golds Putter again.

I am nothing but impressed with everything I have seen from the Master.

• 4 weeks later...
can someone explain why two wedges from golds are a 1000 bucks but a whole set of irons are only 1500 bucks and they are all handmade one at a time thge whole set should be 4000 if my math is right 8 clubs at 500 apiece

Your math would be right if you were playing 8 Stage 5 wedges. :tsg_smilie_laugh:

But if you're playing gold's cb's 3-PW and 2 x Stage 5 Wedges that's 10 clubs for around $2700. 270 is not a lot for the quality you get from Sasaya-san. Also as I mentioned above the Stage 5 wedges are the pinnacle of handmade as everything is done in house including the forgings. The irons are forged elsewhere then brought in to gold's for the grinding and finishing work and detail.

Stage 5's are the ultimate pieces of hand made work. Forged in house and totally hand crafted and finished... they are so amazing people buy them even for collection (I know I would!). Here is Sasaya's latest set:

stage5.jpg

damn! these are gorgeous. works of art indeed. i can just keep staring at it,his grinds are very unique as well

• 1 month later...

Does anyone know if Gold's can refinish their irons and wedges. I mean rechrome irons and reblue wedges?

• 4 months later...