Any one here appreciate great wine? I have been an avid collector, but need to sell off a few hundred bottles.

Any one here appreciate great wine? I have been an avid collector, but need to sell off a few hundred bottles.

i appreciate good wine but not to the point of collecting. i do though on occassion get a couple of bottles of good premium reds and share with good friends.

what do you have?

All are high end California and Australian. Likely nothing rated less than 95 points with most 97-100.

Italian selections?

• 11 months later...

I LOVE Shiraz by Australian. Those are the ones I been in love with for the past 10 years:

Penfolds Magill Estate (my fav)

Penfolds Grange S Aus (only had it once)

Penfolds RWT Barossa Valley S Aus

Henschke Mount Edelstone Shiraz

Katnook Estate Prodigy Shiraz Coonawarra

I am glad to find someone here to share the same interest in Highend Australian. Wow you have a huge collection there!!

I LOVE Shiraz by Australian. Those are the ones I been in love with for the past 10 years:

Penfolds Magill Estate (my fav)

Penfolds Grange S Aus (only had it once)

Penfolds RWT Barossa Valley S Aus

Henschke Mount Edelstone Shiraz

Katnook Estate Prodigy Shiraz Coonawarra

I am glad to find someone here to share the same interest in Highend Australian. Wow you have a huge collection there!!

Sure Grange and Henschke are great. Also Greenock Creek, Noon and Ringland.

Good Evening:

Not exactly a Wine Hoe, but I do go through bottles on a regular basis. I am partial to heavy, cabs from Napa or Sonoma, exceptional Merlots and reaonably priced Bourdeaux. Good storage is very important to me. Depending on your willingness to wheel and deal, I may be goos for 12-24 bottles. Any Jordan cab or merlot/

Good Evening:

Not exactly a Wine Hoe, but I do go through bottles on a regular basis. I am partial to heavy, cabs from Napa or Sonoma, exceptional Merlots and reaonably priced Bourdeaux. Good storage is very important to me. Depending on your willingness to wheel and deal, I may be goos for 12-24 bottles. Any Jordan cab or merlot/

No Jordon now, but if you PM your email, I will pull a list together in the next week and send to you.

• 3 years later...

I'm a hotelier for the last 25 years and I managed several 5-star hotels in China.... thought I would share a recent wine dinner hosted by one of my guest

IMG_0079.jpg

IMG_0080.jpg

IMG_0067.jpg

IMG_0076.jpg

IMG_0075.jpg

IMG_0074.jpg

IMG_0073.jpg

IMG_0072.jpg

IMG_0071.jpg

IMG_0070.jpg

IMG_0069.jpg

IMG_0068.jpg

and this was for dessert

IMG_0077.jpg

ooooooooooh that would have been a nice little evening.

BD i dont mind a few bottles esp from oz.

ifu have any clarendon hills shiraz.

greenock creek,

E and E black pepper.

rockford

then .. i caould well help u out.

maybe ur best sending me what ya got and ill have more than a peek

Stew,

Can you get Greenock Creek? I have an extensive AU wine collection. Ringland also.

I'm a hotelier for the last 25 years and I managed several 5-star hotels in China.... thought I would share a recent wine dinner hosted by one of my guest

IMG_0079.jpg

IMG_0080.jpg

IMG_0067.jpg

IMG_0076.jpg

IMG_0075.jpg

IMG_0074.jpg

IMG_0073.jpg

IMG_0072.jpg

IMG_0071.jpg

IMG_0070.jpg

IMG_0069.jpg

IMG_0068.jpg

and this was for dessert

IMG_0077.jpg

Hmmmm that looks familiar....Was this Steven L. or Nathan's wine tasting ????

I don't collect but like my wine well aged. Bordeaux, California Cabs and Zins and of late found some nice Petite Sirah.

post-4146-0-82545800-1334450119.jpg

Hmmmm that looks familiar....Was this Steven L. or Nathan's wine tasting ????

Neither..... was one of my regular guest who is also a wine nuts !! we did a vertical wine dinner from year 2000-2010 (4 bottles each). You should see this guy cellar... he has screaming eagle in different vintages in his cellar.

ooooooooh i know where il lbe dropping into for a "nioghtcap" when i finally get my ass over to play cal golf!

You are welcome here anytime Stew. I'll pop a couple good ones for you.

lol, why am I not surprised that it was Lafite! :D

I collect, or rather collected, as much as my meager budget allowed. Now in grad school, so no collecting the past couple of years, but I expect I will again after I graduate. Only have a few measly bottles of Sine Qua Non, Lillian Syrah, Krug 96, Leclapart, and some others left.

Neither..... was one of my regular guest who is also a wine nuts !! we did a vertical wine dinner from year 2000-2010 (4 bottles each). You should see this guy cellar... he has screaming eagle in different vintages in his cellar.

That is so awesome....the only time i get to drink the fancy stuff is when my friends come in from China......they really enjoy the best the world has to offer !!!! im sure ill be at one of your hotels when i make it over to china

oh man just caught this thread here. I have a problem, can't collect wine because I'm eager to try it after buying it.

I have an empty wine bar in my house. I think i will be collecting scotch as I can't tank that as fast.

lol, same here. if you can get 2 of each that might help, drink one and leave one in the cave. personally i dont see a point of collecting but it probably makes sense for people who can buy more good wine than they can drink ;)

oh man just caught this thread here. I have a problem, can't collect wine because I'm eager to try it after buying it.

I have an empty wine bar in my house. I think i will be collecting scotch as I can't tank that as fast.

haha when u are a serious collector, you buy cases of the stuff u like

yes thats true. i started a nice little colelction in 1990 and some ofd the wines i bought back then are just great now, i dont go over board, ever y cpl of yrs i get a few bottles from good vinatges in oz and store em away.

dad help me keep things in check.

and im sure from tom night he'll help me just a little bit more.