Tourspecgolfers New Gamers w/PICS!

Here are pics of my new gamers, Type J's w/ Black Golds Stiff

1/4" short due to long arms

.5* flat due to my depth and dimensions during contact

Black Gold Stiff because I notice they feel softer than most shafts and are extra accurate due to the weight and consistency.

Type J's because they are ultra soft 1020 double pressed Endo forgings

059_001.jpg

052_002.jpg

049_002.jpg

056_001.jpg

044.jpg

My current WITB is:

Driver: Epon 460 w/ " blank " prototype 68g 2.8 tq 6-ply weave

FW: 13.5 Epon Technity w/ Tour AD PT-7 Stiff

FW: 18 Epon Technity w/ Mach Line FW65 Stiff

FW: 20 Epon Technity w/ Mach Line FW65 Stiff

FW: 22 Epon Technity w/ Mach Line FW65 Stiff

Irons: Epon Type J " Tour Spec " w/ Black Gold Stiff

Wedges: YuRuRi Seida Tour's w/ S400

Putter: G-Field Premium Zone Tuned by Sasaya

Will take pics soon but Im waiting for my putter to come back and also my bag and head covers to arrive.

Nice tourspec setup, Chris! great collection as always.

I am suprized to hear you settled in on the black gold shafts,

with all the import shafts talked about in this forum,

I figured on one of them in your bag.

How do they differ from say the Nippon 1150's,

or even the new Roddio Iron shafts for comparison?

Thanks,

Kent

Nice tourspec setup, Chris! great collection as always.

I am suprized to hear you settled in on the black gold shafts,

with all the import shafts talked about in this forum,

I figured on one of them in your bag.

How do they differ from say the Nippon 1150's,

or even the new Roddio Iron shafts for comparison?

Thanks,

Kent

Not many import shafts when it comes to steel, Shimada and NSpro are indeed great shafts but something about this finish helps, also the tour concept is a similar finish that makes things feel softer at impact. Bogeydog encountered something similar when he hit my Type X's with Tour Concepts. It just feels softer, sorta like what graphite does to an iron.

Whats weird is that the black golds i get from Japan say " Made in Japan ".

Black Gold Stiff because I notice they feel softer than most shafts and are extra accurate due to the weight and consistency.

Nice.. really nice!!!

Nothing like a personalized, custom built, one of a kind iron set!!!

What I have noticed and like most about the Black gold shafts is that I feel the club head more than I do the shaft. In fact I don't notice the shaft when I hit the ball, just the feel off of the club. I also think they are more consistent from shot to shot.

Chris, how is that low torque driver shaft working???

Its not a RODDIO sir, its 100% designed by yours truly and made in Japan. We do have a couple members who have been testers of this shaft, some got along great with it, others not so great but its in the works and should be out middle of 2008. The prototypes were built for players with a 110mph+ swing speed in 68, 69, and 81 grams with several different technologies. I do have several more prototypes ready for testing but the golfer must have a high swing speed and be a participating member on our forum. Please PM me if interested, we are looking for low single digit players or better.

Check out these results, just a sliver of the data we are collecting on various launch monitors.

shafttest.png

Its not a RODDIO sir, its 100% designed by yours truly and made in Japan. We do have a couple members who have been testers of this shaft, some got along great with it, others not so great but its in the works and should be out middle of 2008. The prototypes were built for players with a 110mph+ swing speed in 68, 69, and 81 grams with several different technologies. I do have several more prototypes ready for testing but the golfer must have a high swing speed and be a participating member on our forum. Please PM me if interested, we are looking for low single digit players or better.

Check out these results, just a sliver of the data we are collecting on various launch monitors.

shafttest.png

What's your SS Chris? I'm looking to get type Js also with a similar set-up. Currently using 6.0 px flighted.

:tsg_smilie_surprise: MR.Kris / Its the Great Epon set make up. Can you show your driver shaft's figure? IT is filament shaft. Thank you very much :tsg_smiley_question:

post-10629-1186309369.jpg

Edited by sarintr

I tested Chris' proprietary shaft and i came away impressed. I'll get into that tomorrow. I'll give you guys my full review if you will.

With the Type J's being so soft, does one lose some distance compared to other, slightly harder clubs?

With the Type J's being so soft, does one lose some distance compared to other, slightly harder clubs?

:tsg_smiley_secret: Thank you very much/ I am waitng. Very very nice and pretty good Type-J with Black Gold shaft. Still the best. I like Black gold shaft's finishing.

post-10629-1186313129.jpg

Edited by sarintr

TourSpecGolfer,

I know this is a CB, but how do these compare to the Yururi Raw Flat Back blades you said were the softest blades you had ever tried?

059_001.jpg

My current WITB is:

Will take pics soon but Im waiting for my putter to come back and also my bag and head covers to arrive.

I usually switch irons quite a bit, but the Type J's have been in the bag longer than any since the MR-23. IMO this thing is like an ultra forgiving blade, EPON does call it a muscle back yet IMO technically it does have a cavity. The feel and setup is what makes me the most happy about these irons, Just last week we had a wedge shootout and iron shootout with some very solid players. The J won out big time over the Yururi Flat Back blade for 3 of the 4 guys who took part in it, this was nothing official just a half dozen 7 irons setup with the same swing weight, lie/loft yet different shafts. I really feel more people who are single digits to scratch or better should test these suckers out.

How would you compare the Type-J's to MP-60's?

Smaller, less offset, better feel, about the same forgiveness.

What's your SS Chris? I'm looking to get type Js also with a similar set-up. Currently using 6.0 px flighted.

About 105-107 ( driver ) and I find heavier stiff flex steel shafts work best for me.

It carries a little further than an MP-67 with the exact same loft and setup. Remember that Epon's forgings are MR-23 soft not mushy like others.

I know this is a CB, but how do these compare to the Yururi Raw Flat Back blades you said were the softest blades you had ever tried?

I think these are a different type of soft, the blades have a raw soft sorta feel to them if that makes any sense, but these have a copper soft sorta feel. Think MR-23 feel and it gives you a great idea.

How is the ballflight with this setup? I am looking to switch out my blades and the epon Js seem very nice.

How do these compare to the r7 forged? I am going to go with one of the two for my next iron.

I have problems hitting the ball higher and the black golds seems to really help me out, I also tried the Tour Concept and noticed it was slightly higher where as the BG's have the ideal 7-PW flight that is very accurate.

Type J is a players compact CB while the R7 forged is a mid size forged cavity, The J at impact feels much better but of course the R7 Forged is more forgiving.

I also suggest the J because custom specs can be ordered where as TM Japan is not willing to adjust the R7 Forged.

shafttest.png

Any plan to take care of the slower ss players?

Yes sir R there eventually will be all flexes available....

I am looking forward to the big event.

Thanks TourSpecGolfer. Very helpful. Especially the shootout feedback. What kinds of shafts were tested by the way?

Also ... just me but it's a real shame they don't do these in a satin finish. Otherwise, very nice indeed.

Really did the Yururi Raw Flat Back look though. Killer...

I usually switch irons quite a bit, but the Type J's have been in the bag longer than any since the MR-23. IMO this thing is like an ultra forgiving blade, EPON does call it a muscle back yet IMO technically it does have a cavity. The feel and setup is what makes me the most happy about these irons, Just last week we had a wedge shootout and iron shootout with some very solid players. The J won out big time over the Yururi Flat Back blade for 3 of the 4 guys who took part in it, this was nothing official just a half dozen 7 irons setup with the same swing weight, lie/loft yet different shafts. I really feel more people who are single digits to scratch or better should test these suckers out.

Smaller, less offset, better feel, about the same forgiveness.

About 105-107 ( driver ) and I find heavier stiff flex steel shafts work best for me.

It carries a little further than an MP-67 with the exact same loft and setup. Remember that Epon's forgings are MR-23 soft not mushy like others.

I think these are a different type of soft, the blades have a raw soft sorta feel to them if that makes any sense, but these have a copper soft sorta feel. Think MR-23 feel and it gives you a great idea.

• 4 weeks later...

059_001.jpg

052_002.jpg

049_002.jpg

056_001.jpg

044.jpg

My current WITB is:

Did you receive your putter, bag, and head covers?

The Black Golds will be the shafts I pick to go into whatever my next set of irons will be. Having used them in my wedges for several months now, I really think they're the best steel has to offer. In fact, I may even have to reshaft the 7, 8, and 9 irons just to give it a go and see. The Black Golds in the wedges have made them very, very accurate.

In regards to the those prototype shafts, I can say I was very fortunate to be one of the testers and came away very impressed. Think Roddio-type dispersion with the feel of the AxivV. I absolutely love this shaft. Looks like 2008 will be a very good year for shafts. Trust me everyone, when these do come to market they are an absolute must try.