DREAM BAG

plus1

Hey guys

It has been soooo long since I have been on TSG - too darn busy slaving for a BB investment bank!

Anyhow, the last few weeks I have had some time on my hands and of course the first thing that came to mind was GOLF and what should I hoe next..........

I have given chris the thumbs up to build me whatever bag he wishes - but I think your input would also help.......so go on tell me what is the Dream JDM set up???

Include all old, current and coming gear! Thanks guys - this better be a kick ass set!

BJ

Welcome back!

Driver... Epon will be popular as ever, but I'd go with the ERC Hyper or the new X-Drive GR + your shaft of choice

3 wood... again, I'd go with the X-Driver GR, but if you wanted to be different, try one of the new Srixons or maybe a Beres 911 (off the wall, but these fairways were getting a fair bit of play on the JPGA earlier in the year).

Utilities... I am stuck on the X-UT. It's old, its supposedly not the easiest club to hit, but I love it.

Irons... do something different, get a set of Gold's Factory cavities done with a grind that you like. Since you're currently using a mid-weight steel shaft, the transition to Roddio I-10's or the Graphite Design Tour AD Pro wouldn't be too difficult, but if the Nippons work for you...

Wedges... maybe Blader-X can give you a better suggestion... I've tried some Yururi's (wonderful) but my Pings are back in the bag. The Matsui limited wedges look good but I have yet to try them out.

Putter... if you like the G-Field Premium, I'd keep it, but if you're after something new, look down a few posts at the Bettinardi that Chris has some pictures of. I have never picked up a Bettinardi that wasn't well put together, and this limited edition one looks stunning.

Bag... Tourstage CBTX72.

Welcome back!

Driver... Epon will be popular as ever, but I'd go with the ERC Hyper or the new X-Drive GR + your shaft of choice

3 wood... again, I'd go with the X-Driver GR, but if you wanted to be different, try one of the new Srixons or maybe a Beres 911 (off the wall, but these fairways were getting a fair bit of play on the JPGA earlier in the year).

Utilities... I am stuck on the X-UT. It's old, its supposedly not the easiest club to hit, but I love it.

Irons... do something different, get a set of Gold's Factory cavities done with a grind that you like. Since you're currently using a mid-weight steel shaft, the transition to Roddio I-10's or the Graphite Design Tour AD Pro wouldn't be too difficult, but if the Nippons work for you...

Wedges... maybe Blader-X can give you a better suggestion... I've tried some Yururi's (wonderful) but my Pings are back in the bag. The Matsui limited wedges look good but I have yet to try them out.

Putter... if you like the G-Field Premium, I'd keep it, but if you're after something new, look down a few posts at the Bettinardi that Chris has some pictures of. I have never picked up a Bettinardi that wasn't well put together, and this limited edition one looks stunning.

Bag... Tourstage CBTX72.

Thanks for the advice K - unfortunately the bag that is listed in my signature is no longer in play - my bag is much much different. A set of Golds iron may be a great option espec with a set of the roddios......I was thinking of teh chikira wedges also!

I have a custom Golds Factory Putter that rocks on slow greens so I may get another onr made up like Chris' Tourspec Premium Golds.

Driver shaft needs to be roddio - Long and straight.

Keep the ideas coming guys Thanks

Welcome back. i wish i was in your shoes right now:) anyway you have many options.

driver: epon 460 shafted with roddio or axiv shafts. cant go wrong with either of these shafts. great combo.

woods: i would suggest the epon 15*/18* whichever you preffer. i have had a love hate relationship with these clubs but the consensus of the majority is sound. these are trully creme dela creme and you cannot get any better than these.

Hybrids: whatever suits you...

irons: well im biased with the epons, you can try the any of their models they are solid and get my vote. others may have other opinions but thats just me.

wedges: epon copper x, yururi but the chikaras get my vote for sheer beauty, mystique and usability. damn i just love looking at these beauties and using them on the course is a remarkable treat.

putter: i already see you posting in regards to the Gold's putter thread. cmon i know you want it and if funds werent a factor id say bite!

bag: new bridgestone paradiso bags look chic and stylish.

good luck and update us on what you decide to get.

driver - mp craft 425 (with roddio) i rate this better and longer than the epon and the xdrive 460

woods - epon 13.5 with quattro tech

utility woods - nothing beats the gfield that you had...

irons.... many many options.... my top picks... x blade 2, fourteen tb -1000, gauge studio mbs,, miura etc...

wedges - chikara...no question..

putter.... tough one...no recommendation yet..

Welcome back. i wish i was in your shoes right now:) anyway you have many options.

driver: epon 460 shafted with roddio or axiv shafts. cant go wrong with either of these shafts. great combo.

woods: i would suggest the epon 15*/18* whichever you preffer. i have had a love hate relationship with these clubs but the consensus of the majority is sound. these are trully creme dela creme and you cannot get any better than these.

irons: well im biased with the epons, you can try the any of their models they are solid and get my vote. others may have other opinions but thats just me.

wedges: epon copper x, yururi but the chikaras get my vote for sheer beauty, mystique and usability. damn i just love looking at these beauties and using them on the course is a remarkable treat.

putter: i already see you posting in regards to the Gold's putter thread. cmon i know you want it and if funds werent a factor id say bite!

Good advice guys but im looking new stuff - I have have tried all that is suggested bar that sexy golds premium putter and the chikaras.....

I am thinking of Golds irons with roddio shafts, the new 701 epons or else a set of the yururi irons......also those new mizzy irons look sweet -

Is there anything really rare out there at the minute that would be tastey to try??? any proto gear?

Good advice guys but im looking new stuff - I have have tried all that is suggested bar that sexy golds premium putter and the chikaras.....

I am thinking of Golds irons with roddio shafts, the new 701 epons or else a set of the yururi irons......also those new mizzy irons look sweet -

Is there anything really rare out there at the minute that would be tastey to try??? any proto gear?

Ahhh, the King of the "HO's" is back!!!

Glad to see you on the forums again.

Here's my suggestions to a new bag.

Driver: The new Epon 400 coming out. As for the shaft, contact Chris and ask him how's it going with the NGS protos.

Wedges: Its simply a must to pick up some Chirkara's. However they must be done for you with your choice of paintfill and specs. Shafts, I say go Black Golds if you like steel or the Roddio if you prefer graphites.

Irons: The new Epons AF-301's but go all out and have the stamping done with your name or even better yet, your TSG call sign plus1!! Shafts: Give the Roddio's a go. Second choice, Yururi's.

Putter: Nothing but an all custom putter by the master Sasaya-San. A Gold's Factory putter with the replicated G-Field insert and of course your initials or callsign in your favorite color emblazend on the sole. I like the 'soft black' finish myself.

3wood: Nothing touches the Epon, wait for the new model. Its basically the old one but with the newly updated graphics, much improved in my opinion. As far as the shaft, go Graphite Design, either the QT85 or the new 9003.

The new Paradiso bag also looks pretty sweet.

Looking foward to whatever you get as I know it'll be unreal!!

B

Hey plus 1, welcome back man.

Well what can I say. I bought a Chikara 57*. The club is like a laser. These wedges are the best ever!! I played Magenta Shores today (check it out on the web) and the short chips and sand shots were nothing short of brilliant.

Put a set of Roddio shafts in your Gauge Hand Mades.

... the rest is up to you, but I know you are going to come up with some great stuff.

the only part of teh bag i am struggling on is the irons.

Driver is not changing - Epon 460 with Roddio

3 wood - undecided

ut 2 - gfield ut 18*

ut 3 - xxio rescue

irons - help

wedges - chikara 3 piece

putter - custom Golds factory

I have decided to go for the roddio i10 shafts with a set of the nowon grips - however I am having trouble picking the heads lol!

at the minute I have been thinking - Reshaft my Gauge Handmades

- Epon 701

- Golds Factory

- Yururi CB

- OnOff Miuras

Help!

at the minute I have been thinking - Reshaft my Gauge Handmades

- Epon 701

- Golds Factory

- Yururi CB

- OnOff Miuras

without a doubt a combo set of af701 4-7, 8-pw af 301. doing this myself

Check out the forward thinker! Thats a great idea! You gonna go for the stamping????????

moi? im leaving my sole nice and clean. may even consider unpainted logos and solid black numbers that are stamped real small

Ok guys this is what my bag is looking like at the minute - I would appreciate any comments! lol

- Epon 460 10.5 with a Roddio

- PRGR M3 Hit 3 - Ozik Altus Limey

- G Field UT 3 - Roddio I10

- Gauge Design Studio Handmades - 4-pw - Roddio I10

- Chikara 3 piece set

- Golds Fcatory Custom

- Paradiso Bag

what do you and what would you change?

Another set of the handmades has come up so trather than use my brand new set I was thinking of buying these and reshafting with the roddio's - I am wise or should I try soemthing new?

Edited by plus1

Ok guys this is what my bag is looking like at the minute - I would appreciate any comments! lol

- Chikara 3 piece set

- Golds Fcatory Custom

- Paradiso Bag

Another set of the handmades has come up so trather than use my brand new set I was thinking of buying these and reshafting with the roddio's - I am wise or should I try soemthing new?

why get another set of studio handmades when you have one already? better put your dough elsewhere like the new epon lineup and maybe swap the prgr for the new epon af201s

why get another set of studio handmades when you have one already? better put your dough elsewhere like the new epon lineup and maybe swap the prgr for the new epon af201s

Something is telling me I wont like the new epons even tho they look so purdy! I tried all of teh last models and did not really get on with them.

However I probably should consider teh yururi or the new prgr irons! - Handmades will rock forever tho!

Something is telling me I wont like the new epons even tho they look so purdy! I tried all of teh last models and did not really get on with them.

However I probably should consider teh yururi or the new prgr irons! - Handmades will rock forever tho!

i havent tried the studio handmades although i almsot pulled the trigger on a used set two weeks ago but decided on the epons. for me nothing ive had comes close. the yuris have good reviews and is prob an awesome set but they dont catch my eye. good luck with your upcoming purchases

I think the lineup you've picked out looks awesome!!!!

Wow

I'm playing the driver, wedges and Putter you've listed

They absolutely rock!!!

Be sure and post your WITB when you get this together... just don't enter the contest, the rest of us want a chance. :tsg_smilie_surprise:

- Chikara 3 piece set

- Golds Fcatory Custom

- Paradiso Bag

I would say this works. It'll be one sick set once its put all together.