Time to give you boys up North a shout out!

Well boys, its soon to be that time of year. Yes I know football, but I'm talking about that "other" sport. You know the one, its practically the national sport of Canada but to hear sports broadcasters talk about it, is all but dead in the States. ICE HOCKEY, particularly the NHL.

I've been a Kings fan since 1980 when my imagination was captured by the US Olympic hockey team and their unbelievable ride to the gold over the invincible Soviet Union at that time. Since that time I've loved hockey. Yes I know I live in Southern California and the Kings haven't fielded any kind of team since 1993 (That Toronto series was epic!) but compared to last year, this year's going to be great. Look for Kopitar and Frolov to have huge seasons!!

Anyways, this hockey season will be extra special to me as its my son's first year in travel hockey. He played in-house and tournaments all summer long and now the season is soon to be upon us. Its so much fun watching him. I just hope I can keep up with all the time it takes.

For you hockey fans out there, and the few out there I know you're passionate, tell me about your team and how you think this year shapes up. And when is ESPN going to pick up the contract for NHL again. They have better camera work than Versus.

And yes, watching the Ducks win the Cup last season was just miserable for me being a Kings fan. I will admit they finally have some good players and that franchise is going in the right direction after years of being a joke. But yes, Duck fans, you won the Cup, congrats, scoreboard and all that. At the very least, my boy and I were at the Pond last year to watch the Kings beat the Ducks. Oh, excuse me, no longer the Pond, Arrowhead Arena. I like the "Pond", better.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm born in Toronto, been a Leafs fan since. They have disappointed over the years, don't get me wrong. But I've played hockey since I was 4, and my first NHL game i went to was a Leafs game. I love the new game, it displays the talent of the top players in the league, and with the up and coming youth other than Crosby, Ovechkin, Phaneuf, so on and so forth, the league looks to be in good shape. I've followed the Oilers closely as well since I grew up watching Gretzky in his prime. We do have the World Juniors starting Christmas day. Go CANADA!! going for 4 straight.

• 2 weeks later...
I'm born in Toronto, been a Leafs fan since. They have disappointed over the years, don't get me wrong. But I've played hockey since I was 4, and my first NHL game i went to was a Leafs game. I love the new game, it displays the talent of the top players in the league, and with the up and coming youth other than Crosby, Ovechkin, Phaneuf, so on and so forth, the league looks to be in good shape. I've followed the Oilers closely as well since I grew up watching Gretzky in his prime. We do have the World Juniors starting Christmas day. Go CANADA!! going for 4 straight.

Get over it. LEAFS SUCK!!! : They will never win a Stanely Cup AGAIN!!!! :tsg_smiley_question:

God Bless

Jer

oh yeah Merry Christmas lol