As some of you may know, my wife and I have two adopted kids from Guatemala and are pursuing adoption a third. Recently there has been quite a number of news stories discussing the pending legal changes that will take place in Guatemala in 2008. As you would expect, the news programs have sensationalized the changes and quite frankly reported in a tabloid style. The government of Guatemala is very corrupt. Unicef has promised President Berger 20+ million dollars if he changes the laws in Guatemala. Most people think Unicef is an agency for the proper care of children. They are not and have pushed other countries into poorly operating programs essentially stopping intercountry adoption forever. Berger is out of office January 14, 2008. He has vowed to issue an edict to stop all adoptions December 31, 2007. Right now there are more than 5000 families in process to adopt kids from Guatemala. These are families that care deeply for these children and want nothing more than to complete their families and make a life for these children. Having visited Guatemala 5 times, I can say that the condition of the country is very poor. They have the highest rate of malnourished children in the western hempishere. They have the highest crime rate almost in the world...6000+ murders in a pop. of 12M. I have seen children eating paper because no food was available.

I am asking for your support by following the following link, reading and ultimately signing the petition. We need to show our humanitarian support so that there are not in-process children stuck in the system, left on the street and facing an unknown future. Keep in mind that this has nothing to do with immigration. These are kids that become US citizens immediately.

http://www.petitiononline.com/foafoa1/petition.html

WE NEED YOU HELP NOW. PLEASE GET ANYONE YOU KNOW TO COMPLETE THE PETITION TODAY.

If you need any more info, please feel free to email me at [email protected]

Thanks for your time.

Will do my friend, Hope you and your family the best.

Guys read it and Imagine how much of a better life a child from Guatemala can have in the USA. When they get older they will realize and appreciate it when looking back at their country.

Best wishes to you and the wife. Adoption has to be the most fun and fullfilling part of my job (I review the final papers approving the adoption giving the adopting parents all the legal rights and obligations as if they are the biological parents), especially when you know there is a bright future ahead for him/her.

• 4 weeks later...

Anything for the safety and health of a child.

Here you go!

you_bet.bmp