Mitsubishi Diamana ali'islei

TourSpecGolfer

Diamana's new special edition shaft " Diamana ali'islei " is a totally new departure from their current Diamana and Bissara technology.

They call it M.I.T (Material / Integrate / Technology) and its due out this Nov. in Japan. As the Hawaii TSG'ers know Ali'i means king and an aristocrat "the best class" by the Hawaiian language. The Lei is a flower design going down the butt end of the shaft thats very attractive.

Stay tuned for more info!

alii.jpg

They haven't provided a lot of info on bend profile yet but this shaft was created based on feedback from tour pros so I'm assuming it will be geared towards the more advanced player. They only talk about using the best carbon composite materials available to create optimal ball flight and control and feel at this point.

hopefully the graphics are reminiscent of the stinger. still hands down one my favorites shafts of all time!

hopefully the graphics are reminiscent of the stinger. still hands down one my favorites shafts of all time!

Well they are molding it after the Stinger so it may have some resemblence (^_^)

• 3 weeks later...

Found this pic in a Japanese site and the new shaft comes in 3 weight class, as with other Diamana, 63. 73 and 83 and mid to high kick and msrp is 40,000 yen.

post-8082-1193282913.jpg

thanks for the pic. seems there are too many models i am having a hard time keeping track. im yet to try any diamana shaft and from the looks of things il be curious enough to try one. i have yet to find a shaft that can knock out the gd tour ad series line

Apple and Oranges -- the spec and price seems to suggest closer to White Board then the other two.

Edited by Duffer19

Apple and Oranges

care to enlighten me? diamana is the only major jdm shaft i havent tried. have used axivs, roddios, oziks, fujis etc etc at one point in time..

Specs and initial reports from Japan say that this is a more technology packed Diamana, an evolution from the White Red and Blue using more advanced design, materials and technology to make hence the higher price tag. Profile wise, they have aimed to make a shaft that has higher trajectory as illustrated by the mid-high kick. Even though the torque numbers are a little higher than the other Diamanas, Mitsubishi has said that a special amorphous carbon they are using in the butt, provide control and stability and the high tech molding procedure has created a perfect circular tube with controlled flex...

By the way I added it to the pro shop... thanks ArchangelGT for the scans... saved me from doing the work (^_^)

http://www.tourspecgolf.com/proshop/p1505/...oduct_info.html

aliisleilarge.jpg

Specs and initial reports from Japan say that this is a more technology packed Diamana, an evolution from the White Red and Blue using more advanced design, materials and technology to make hence the higher price tag. Profile wise, they have aimed to make a shaft that has higher trajectory as illustrated by the mid-high kick. Even though the torque numbers are a little higher than the other Diamanas, Mitsubishi has said that a special amorphous carbon they are using in the butt, provide control and stability and the high tech molding procedure has created a perfect circular tube with controlled flex...

By the way I added it to the pro shop... thanks ArchangelGT for the scans... saved me from doing the work (^_^)

http://www.tourspecgolf.com/proshop/p1505/...oduct_info.html

Thx u for doing the translation!

I absolutely love the look of the graphics. Interested to see feedback on this shaft. For me however, it seems Graphite Design shafts have always fitted better than Diamanas. I just wish they looked as good as the Diamanas.

I absolutely love the look of the graphics. Interested to see feedback on this shaft. For me however, it seems Graphite Design shafts have always fitted better than Diamanas. I just wish they looked as good as the Diamanas.

Graphics for this shaft on the Quattro Tech would be heaven!

I believe when the stinger launched in '04 it came with a hat as well, and even maybe a towel.

here are actual pics, as well as one pic from the tourstage prosupport car, which shows maybe a diferent paint scheme as its really really blue.

600x450-2007102100002.jpg

450x600-2007102100001.jpg

600x398-2007102300001.jpg

*you can see the hibiscus flower ring on the grip end cap, looks awesome!

here is the pic from the tourstage van, looks way more blue, possible a jpga paint scheme?

67233352d29a45337282860353dc9653.jpg

I'll be getting it just for the looks alone. :tsg_smilie_surprise:

You can take mine when I'm done testing with it. (^_^)

Speaking of which, T, you will give us a full report like always? ? :tsg_smilie_surprise:

will certainly provide as much info as I can...

most shafts that are coming out these days are built with larger driver CC's in mind to preven twisting, this one should excel with large heads.

• 1 month later...

Any reviews or feedback?

will certainly provide as much info as I can...

most shafts that are coming out these days are built with larger driver CC's in mind to preven twisting, this one should excel with large heads.

• 4 weeks later...
a little confused with the specs of this shaft....mid-high kick would give you a lower ball flight yet someone stated that it works to give a higher ball flight....was this just a misprint? any info would be great

While I have not play this shaft, I do play the White and suspect that the ali'islei is somewhere between the Blue and White in spec with new tech on the tip section for added stability, i.e. high launch than the White but lower than the Blue.