Best players forged cavity back set - 2008 season

ClubHoUno

Best players forged cavity back set - 2008 season  

184 members have voted

1. 1. What set of players forged cavity back would you buy ?

• Miura Cb-1006
    • Miura Cb-202 USDM
    • Miuraism SC-01
    • Srixon ZR-700
    • Srixon I-701 Tour USDM
    • Epon AF-301
    • Fourteen TC 1000
    • Tourstage X-Blade CB 2008
    • Gold's Factory CB
    • Mizuno Mp-57 Custom Satin Japan
    • Mizuno Mp 57/60 Combo Custom Satin
    • ONOFF Irons Plus Forged
    • ONOFF CB 247 Miura Forged
    • Royal Collection CV Blade
    • Yururi CNC Gekko
    • PRGR iS3 Forged 500 BL
    • Callaway X-Forged USDM
    • Nike CGI Forged USDM
    • Taylor Made Forged TP 2008
    • Macgregor Pro-C USDM

Please vote and feel free to place a comment stating WHY you picked that particular set of irons.

In my world a players forged cavity back set has to have:

1. Thin top line

2. Little bit of offset

3. Thin sole

4. Small cavity

5. Medium to small size club head

Edited by Claus

By the way my next sets for the 2008 Spring season will be: Epon AF-301 JDM, Srixon I-701 Tour US and Miura Cb-202 US

Sets I will consider: Tourstage X-Blade CB 2008, Fourteen TC 1000 and Taylor Made Forged Tp 2008

Claus, you are making things difficult for all of us :tsg_smiley_bulb: i feel like a kid in a candy store with all those choices. seriously speaking though i voted for the af301. it aint the prettiest among the choices you gave but it certainly is the most forgiving and easy to hit of any players cb i have tried. for me if i were to select a players cb for my game in the future i would want something around the lines of the af301. then again i also like the miura cb1006 but heard they arent as friendly as the epons.

Claus, you are making things difficult for all of us :tsg_smiley_bulb: i feel like a kid in a candy store with all those choices. seriously speaking though i voted for the af301. it aint the prettiest among the choices you gave but it certainly is the most forgiving and easy to hit of any players cb i have tried. for me if i were to select a players cb for my game in the future i would want something around the lines of the af301. then again i also like the miura cb1006 but heard they arent as friendly as the epons.

I just tried to make a poll with all the big contenders in it.

I must say that the new Tourstage X-Blade CB 2008 also looks great with a hybrid iron from the same series to accompany it :tsg_smilie_love:

I must say that the new Tourstage X-Blade CB 2008 also looks great with a hybrid iron from the same series to accompany it :tsg_smiley_bulb:

i agree im not a fan of tourstage irons but their 3 iron utility is a looker. havent found a utility iron to kick out the gfiled UWs from my bag. im on a constant search though

I'll vote after hitting a few more, but after my initial reaction (not too enthused) I have to say that I am warming to the look of the new Tourstage iron.

Do you happen to know if Epon double press forged them from S20c carbon steel like the Epon AF-301 ?

Do you happen to know if Epon double press forged them from S20c carbon steel like the Epon AF-301 ?

I thought the Epon 301 is s25c. :tsg_smiley_bulb: Are you talking about TS or Epon in your question?

I thought the Epon 301 is s25c. :tsg_smiley_bulb: Are you talking about TS or Epon in your question?

The Epon AF-301 are S20c - I'm asking about the Tourstage X-Blade Cb 2008, which also are forged by Endo. Are they made from S20c and are they double pressed like the Epon Af-301's are ?

All year I bragged up the R7 Forged as the best iron I ever played.,

and rightfully so.. They have everything I ever wanted in a forged iron...

But there is a new love in my bag with those same exact thoughts,,

and potentially better for me all around when its all said and done:::

Miura CB-202's!!!!!!!!!!!

I haven't played most of the irons on this list--but I just can't see how there could

be a better iron than this... :atsg_logo_anim:

Keep the votes coming guys and girls :atsg_logo_anim:

Um...I think the new MacGregor stuff should be an option as well. Best looking CB's EVER... I can hardly wait to try them. :tsg_smilie_surprise:

ADD MacGregor PRO-C !!!!!!

God Bless

Jer

DONE !

• 2 weeks later...

Must say that I like my poll :atsg_smilie_roll:

All the contenders have at least one vote.....

The Epon AF-301 is in the lead, but closely followed by the USDM Miura Cb-202 set and the custom Japan Mizuno Mp-57 satin set.

Please vote and feel free to place a comment stating WHY you picked that particular set of irons.

1. Thin top line

2. Little bit of offset

3. Thin sole

4. Small cavity

2 sets come to mind: TM 300 Forged 'Lehmans'!!! and Moz 2030!!!

2 sets come to mind: TM 300 Forged 'Lehmans'!!! and Moz 2030!!!

Isnt true that both sets are no longer available new?

• 2 weeks later...

1. Thin top line

2. Little bit of offset

3. Thin sole

4. Small cavity

Hello Claus,

As you can guess I voted for the Miura CB1006, my set have been absolutely perfect, so good that I have a set of the new MB 5003's on order, I have always prefered blades and I cant wait to get my hands on these beauties! My back up set for next year will be the Epon AF501's, they should give me that little bit more forgiveness for those days when my swing is off!

I have a couple of the limited edition Epon wedges and am very impressed with the quality and performance of them, so I am looking forward to the AF501's next spring - having said that I could still change my mind if enough TSG'ers can convince me that there is something better out there!

Nick

Nick,

501's??? Quite a big change for a blade man. Why not the 301's??

Still blade like but more forgiving... IMO a blade man could live with the 301's, not

sure about the 501's.

Nick,

501's??? Quite a big change for a blade man. Why not the 301's??

Still blade like but more forgiving... IMO a blade man could live with the 301's, not

sure about the 501's.

I'm getting old and have suffered from too many injuries lately!However my clubmaker has persauded me to go for a mixed set of AF301's/AF501's this he says will give me the most benefit in the longer irons on those days when my leg (knee) and back (slipped disc) are causing my swing to go off!