MIURA MT-001

BELA

I know this may be a little outdated but I have searched the forums with no results.

Can anyone tell me what is/was your opinion on this clubs?

If a 16 hcp wants to play Miura should he buy this, or would you recommend CB201 or CB202 better?

Thanks

I tried it back to back with the MC-101..

It didn't feel like a Miura.. it's missing that forged feel..

I ended up buying the MC-101 which I have since sold..

the Miura 101 is still the best feeling iron that I have hit but it ain't a super forgiving iron...

Currently playing Tourstage ViQs... not as good feeling.. still soft... but I score better and hit further with these....

Rather than focus on your hcp, pick your iron design on where you want to go or improve. The player's cavity like the 201 or 202 is really a "game improvement" club in that its feedback allows you to learn to hit the ball better.

Miura must had some sort of lapse when he designed the MT 001. It must had a very clicky feel and sound with those 'inner cavity.' I was told that the 'easier' model would be the 101 and the 202 which is an improvement of 201. Passing Point 9001 and 1006 are not being marketed Internationally but available here. There are always irons that are more forgiving or longer but it would not be a Miura. I would take a Fourteen first before I get the ViQ.

• 14 years later...

I owned a couple of Miura sets (pp-9003 and Mt-001) and even though the passing point is marketed as the "forgiving" line, I found that the mt clubs were much more confidence inspiring at address and gave me plenty of distance for the loft. I very much enjoyed them and miss them. I did not observe the clickiness mentioned but perhaps that's just my bias

answering a post 14 years later is possibly not going to be overly helpful.....

On 12/24/2021 at 7:11 AM, d**kyfowler said:

answering a post 14 years later is possibly not going to be overly helpful.....

Could be Robert just wants too join a conversation on something that caught his attention he knows about?

yes we all love Robert.....  and I'll chime in with some really helpful news about MIURA..... buy their 401 irons if you want to get your hands on a great set of irons.