titanium iron shafts?

landshark

has anyone tried any of the titanium iron shafts that were produce several years back? i've read on other forums that many really say they like them and have good feel,etc... have not seen any mention here though.

what are your take on these for sub 100 gram iron shafts?

if im not mistaken they stopped making these. i had ping eye 2 with titanium shafts years back but according to my dad he mentiond they discontinued the line bec of the bad vibrations caused by the shaft. can anyone here confirm this?

if im not mistaken they stopped making these. i had ping eye 2 with titanium shafts years back but according to my dad he mentiond they discontinued the line bec of the bad vibrations caused by the shaft. can anyone here confirm this?

I hadn't heard anything about vibration problems, but I do not remember the last time I saw or heard about someone using these.

Titanium sports used to make/market them (http://www.titaniumsports.com/ ) but it looks like their website is down. I tried these after surgery, but found that G-Loomis shafts soaked up more vibration than the titanium shafts.

Edited by K2_2

• 3 years later...

has anyone tried any of the titanium iron shafts that were produce several years back? i've read on other forums that many really say they like them and have good feel,etc... have not seen any mention here though.

what are your take on these for sub 100 gram iron shafts?

Just joined so I won't apologize for a 4 year old answer. Yes, I have tried the titanium shafts. I had them installed on all my Callaway woods. They were balanced perfectly, they produced absolutely "0" twist, were much better than any other shafts I have ever tried. Biggest mistake I ever made was to change from them to a graphite shaft. Soon found out that with graphite you didn't really know where it was going to go.

thanks for the reply. i still have a set of ti iron shafts but not in any clubs at the moment. guess i've heard good and not so good things about them. if you had the choice, would you still go ti or any of the other, newer variety of high quality steel iron shafts?

• 11 years later...

I have a whole set of Ping Zing Red Dot (3-9, P+L+S) with Sandvik Titanium shafts installed originally by Ping. You can feel a bit of the vibration from mis**ts, but like any golf club you can overlook this with enough practice. My son has had the clubs since he was in high school and up to now he will never part with them.

Is this a record for the oldest thread to have been revived?

the last thing anyone should be investigating - many better shafts out there now