US versus Japanese putters

Droopy

Hi all,

As you can see on the left, I have a Scotty Cameron Newport Beach Tour. I can't imagine ever using anything else.

That said, a few JDM putters have caught my eye recently and I wonder what I will experience with the new putter. Anyone with a SC Tour putters and JDM putters?

Thanks,

Droopy

Hi all,

As you can see on the left, I have a Scotty Cameron Newport Beach Tour. I can't imagine ever using anything else.

That said, a few JDM putters have caught my eye recently and I wonder what I will experience with the new putter. Anyone with a SC Tour putters and JDM putters?

Thanks,

Droopy

you will get many replies and many different answers. frankly its a case to case basis and what you preferr might be different for someone else. IMHO it boils down to quality and craftsmanship. nothing beats the japanese in this aspect.

on a side note there are e many custom putter shops sprouting up that make the very best and finest putters money can buy, that are a lot better quality than scotty.

you will get many replies and many different answers. frankly its a case to case basis and what you preferr might be different for someone else. IMHO it boils down to quality and craftsmanship. nothing beats the japanese in this aspect.

on a side note there are e many custom putter shops sprouting up that make the very best and finest putters money can buy, that are a lot better quality than scotty.

Thanks Spoon! I've always known that Scotty's aren't the highest quality. Any suggestions on custom putter shops, etc.? Your help is greatly appreciated! :)

Droopy

Thanks Spoon! I've always known that Scotty's aren't the highest quality. Any suggestions on custom putter shops, etc.? Your help is greatly appreciated! :)

Droopy

d,

for jdm there is Gold's imho they make the best customized putters money can bu but they arent cheap. sky's the limit for custmomization. for Us brands just check out google. good luck

• 2 weeks later...
Hi all,

Thanks,

Droopy

I have many, many Cameron Putters. My gamer was an SSS Newport Beach that Scotty himself customized for me to my specs. I had it in the bag for almost a year.

My Golds Putter is so much better it's almost sad.

IMO - A Custom Golds is better that any Tour Scotty.

I didn't think there would ever be a day I would say that any Putter was better than

my Scotty...

Heh heh, mine is a SSS Newport Beach also! I have designed my own Golds putter and will be sending it out for it in the next few days... :)

I have many, many Cameron Putters. My gamer was an SSS Newport Beach that Scotty himself customized for me to my specs. I had it in the bag for almost a year.

My Golds Putter is so much better it's almost sad.

IMO - A Custom Golds is better that any Tour Scotty.

I didn't think there would ever be a day I would say that any Putter was better than

my Scotty...

Edited by Droopy

Heh heh, mine is a SSS Newport Beach also! I have designed my own Golds putter and will be sending it out for it in the next few days... :)

let us know how it goes.

Droopy

http://www.puttertalk.com

Check the Community section. You have to register to see the pics!

I like Gold's Factory and C&L(aka 350milled.com)

These are better than Scotty's and the custom stuff is readily available at lower prices than SC.

Texsport

Edited by Texsport

http://www.puttertalk.com

Check the Community section. You have to register to see the pics!

I like Gold's Factory and C&L(aka 350milled.com)

These are better than Scotty's and the custom stuff is readily available at lower prices than SC.

Texsport

tex i would have to agree with you on C & L

It's official! I put in my order for a Gold's Factory putter with TourSpecGolfer on Monday. I will post pics once I receive it. :atsg_smilie_roll:

Now the wait has begun...

Droopy

It's official! I put in my order for a Gold's Factory putter with TourSpecGolfer on Monday. I will post pics once I receive it. :tsg_smilie_laugh:

Now the wait has begun...

Droopy

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :atsg_smilie_roll:

Can't wait to see pictures. Do you have to wait for the ice to melt or do

you have a place you can try it out when it arrives??

Unless I decide to take a trip somewhere warm, it'll be my carpet for a few months. :( Maybe I'll get one of those huge putting greens like gocchin has... :tsg_smilie_laugh:

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :atsg_smilie_roll:

Can't wait to see pictures. Do you have to wait for the ice to melt or do

you have a place you can try it out when it arrives??

Lung-chia,

Actually, the biggest inspiration for my putter was...yours. I hope you don't mind. :tsg_smiley_drool:

It's similar to yours except instead of 1 pair of 12mm tungsten weights on the bottom, I have 2 pairs of the 9mm weights. I ordered the slit line as well as the insert. It also says tour proto on the bumpers. The Gold's logos were originally slated to look just like yours but I just emailed Chris to change it to:

http://forum.tourspecgolf.com/index.php?showtopic=26469 (hope it's not too late)

It's the one that you duplicated in your post. The one with the black cherry dot with a G in the middle (in the cavity).

Droopy

Please let us know your spec, and how it will look like.

The wait is torture~ Trust me...

Sasaya-san has done some pretty cool looking putters these couple of weeks... Wondering if they belong to one of the TSGers???

Lung-chia

Lung-chia,

Actually, the biggest inspiration for my putter was...yours. I hope you don't mind. :tsg_smiley_drool:

It's similar to yours except instead of 1 pair of 12mm tungsten weights on the bottom, I have 2 pairs of the 9mm weights. I ordered the slit line as well as the insert. It also says tour proto on the bumpers. The Gold's logos were originally slated to look just like yours but I just emailed Chris to change it to:

http://forum.tourspecgolf.com/index.php?showtopic=26469 (hope it's not too late)

It's the one that you duplicated in your post. The one with the black cherry dot with a G in the middle (in the cavity).

Droopy

That's gonna be nice. Droopy. I feel flattered~

The "Black Cherry Dot" seems like a small metal plate insert... Looks really cool with the beads boron finish.

Where are the tungsten weights gonna be inserted? Face? Sole? Which finish are you going with? SS303? PS#1? #2?

You will love it, I guarantee that.

Don'r forget to post the close up pics~! :tsg_smiley_drool:

LC

The weights will be on the sole. There are no markings on the sole except the 4 weights and the slit line. It's the beads boron finish on the #2. Also of note, when looking at the putter from the top or bottom, all paint fill is white. When looking at the face or cavity, all paint fill is black.

Isn't the putter made of SS303?

Droopy

That's gonna be nice. Droopy. I feel flattered~

The "Black Cherry Dot" seems like a small metal plate insert... Looks really cool with the beads boron finish.

Where are the tungsten weights gonna be inserted? Face? Sole? Which finish are you going with? SS303? PS#1? #2?

You will love it, I guarantee that.

Don'r forget to post the close up pics~! :tsg_smiley_drool:

LC

No there are two version of the PS2, the standard one is forged carbon steel, the recently released one is SS303. The one in the pro shop starting at 365 is the carbon steel one, the stainless one is 1575.00 including tungsten and stampings, plus a premium zone insert, well over 2k.

Droopy

In the states, check out Byron Morgan's work @ Byronputters.com. Without a doubt one of the best around. He can mill and customize any of his piece to suit, whether it's the weight, lie neck length, face roll, etc. If you like the Newport Beached, check out his 007's "slotted"; cabon steel, 303 Stainless, TCB, just about any material you'd like. Finish work is all done by him, by hand and is absolutely first rate. Great craftsman and certainly worth a call to him.

Oh, I see... either way, I still can't wait! :tsg_smiley_drool:

No there are two version of the PS2, the standard one is forged carbon steel, the recently released one is SS303. The one in the pro shop starting at 365 is the carbon steel one, the stainless one is 1575.00 including tungsten and stampings, plus a premium zone insert, well over 2k.

Thanks Ridgecrest,

I'll check it out...

Droopy

In the states, check out Byron Morgan's work @ Byronputters.com. Without a doubt one of the best around. He can mill and customize any of his piece to suit, whether it's the weight, lie neck length, face roll, etc. If you like the Newport Beached, check out his 007's "slotted"; cabon steel, 303 Stainless, TCB, just about any material you'd like. Finish work is all done by him, by hand and is absolutely first rate. Great craftsman and certainly worth a call to him.

anyone can make a Putter...

Their is only ONE Master....

for now i would have to agree with you. there are many designer boutique putters coming out from the states that i am giving a go at. i doubt though this will come close to a gold's. got my gold's design figured out already just havent pulled the trigger yet.

would you know if sasaya offers ss304?

• 2 weeks later...

My Gold's Factory putter is on it's way from Japan! Yippee!

Droopy

I ordered it on 11/26...

how ong did it take from start to finish? were all excited for your first GF