My Gold's Factory Putters

HULC1105

LC, those look amazing! You need a little putting green in your office or at home.... trust me it's fun. Have you tapped any balls yet with the insert?

I have... On my mom's beloved carpet...

The first putt was...

"Hmmm... feels like an SC..."

:tsg_smilie_love:

But after couple more, I know I have something really cool in my hand.

The roll is more consistent. Distance control is better. And when I set up my putts, it just looks solid. Much much better than anything I had before.

I still want to reserve some opinions for later, after I test it out on a real putting green...

So, yeah... To be continued.

Lung-chia

LC those are so beautiful, i admit i am particularly drawn to your latest creation. it looks sooo clean. i would imagine a floating face is soft enough but having an insert as well would be something else.

also may i ask if you selected the sole as the location of your tungsten inserts? just wondering if this location is better than tge face? thanks

Very anxious for your full review. You must admit just by holding that beauty in your hands you have something very special. I'm confident you will find this putter to be all it's billed to be and more.

Congrats on a one of a kind Putter that was made for you by the Master.

you guys are making me so jealous. i have just purchased 3 putters in the last two weeks two of which are custom built by a US company. however i still find myself lusting for a Gold's. been putting this project on hold way to long. its just one of those things i will not get over til i finally pull the trigger. something on the lines of LC's second putter in teflon black putter, sound slot, and sole tungsten weights would be awesome!

you guys are making me so jealous. i have just purchased 3 putters in the last two weeks two of which are custom built by a US company. however i still find myself lusting for a Gold's. been putting this project on hold way to long. its just one of those things i will not get over til i finally pull the trigger. something on the lines of LC's second putter in teflon black putter, sound slot, and sole tungsten weights would be awesome!

C, I am in the same boat as you. I even have two different Gold's putters designed already, I just haven't pulled the trigger.

LC, what are the specs on your new putter? Headweight? Length? FF shaft?

C, I am in the same boat as you. I even have two different Gold's putters designed already, I just haven't pulled the trigger.

LC, what are the specs on your new putter? Headweight? Length? FF shaft?

Spec:

-Beads Boron Finish

-34inch Length

-350g Default head weight (before the tungsten inserts)

-Pair Tungsten 12mm inserts at the sole

-Face milling (Regular)

-Premium Zone Face Insert

-Slit Line

-Mamiya FF Shaft

-White Iomic Grip

LC

Spec:

-Beads Boron Finish

-34inch Length

-350g Default head weight (before the tungsten inserts)

-Pair Tungsten 12mm inserts at the sole

-Face milling (Regular)

-Premium Zone Face Insert

-Slit Line

-Mamiya FF Shaft

-White Iomic Grip

LC

the beads boron looks beautiful. would you know what the head weight after the tungsten inserts are? also you must have the softest feeling putter after the premium zone inserts, slit line and mamiya FF shaft:)

the beads boron looks beautiful. would you know what the head weight after the tungsten inserts are? also you must have the softest feeling putter after the premium zone inserts, slit line and mamiya FF shaft:)

According to Sasaya-san with the tungsten and face insert, it's close to 370g, nice and heavy!

How much would it cost with all those extra features?????

Anyways, I'm jealous.

Please PM me if you want to know how much is it total. For an option break down, I believe Chris can help you with that.

T, can you do me favor and translate the blog Sasaya-san posted? Much appreciated.

Lung-chia

Those are 2 sweet looking putters.Outdoor putting is so much different from carpet putting but be very careful this time of year as the greens have topdressing.You just need 20 more to catch up to Gocchin :atsg_smilie_roll:

G, but LC is up on me man, he has Gold's Factory putters... I still don't have mine!

If anyone needs design forms, please PM me and I can send you templates for making your golds design.

OH MY!! Those are fantastic. You boys are making me green with envy with all these Gold's Factory putter pics.

Just beautiful.

Ok... Besides my infected middle ear, and my headache is just killing me...

I still want to tell y'all this...

I am torn~!!!

My heavy GF putter (the one with blinker) has been my gamer ever since I got it in August... Love everthing about it, and start getting used to the sound of the Prefection, and the blinker is starting to become something I rely on heavily when I set up my putts...

But as I was sleepless last night, I started playing around the new toy.

The reason I wanted to have another GF putter in the first place was because I wanted something to play around in my office or at home, something pretty to look at, something to tell my friends "This one, you CAN'T touch~"...

But after last night (and most part of today afternoon... I took a day off... NOT because this putter, because my headache...REALLY.), I just don't know anymore...

The first GF putter with the blinker, I wanted it to be something stealthy, subtle, deadly accurate, something to fit my game. And it's everything I was hoping for (Ok... the heaviness was a bit of surprise, but it turned out to be a great surprise~)... Or so I thought.

This SS303 is just so much better than its sister, in EVERYTHING it does. The insert is SO soft. When iDrive was saying, after he installed the insert in his PS#2, "The lighting striked twice", I was like "...Really?" But after last night, I started to understand how it feel being lighting-struck... And it feels GOOD~

The insert feels softer than the G-Field PZ counterparts. Don't know why, and don't want to know why~ So, don't ask me... Now, who wants my G-Field PZ#1?

The sound slit generates a similar tune of the PS#2 with blinker, just not as sharp as the PS#2. Which I prefer.

The Mamiya FF shaft, again, is great~ Some people have some issues with them, and I don't know what the issues are? Mine have served me very well.

Right now, I am sitting in front of them, and don't know what to do... Luckily, I have the entire winter here in Toronto to find out which will be the one... Wish me luck...

Oh, yeah, you people. STOP eye-screwing my putters, GO GET YOURS~!!!

P.S. I am going to do a comparison review with some of the insert putters out in the market soon. So stay tuned.

LC

Edited by HULC1105

What is the insert made of? Also, is the Mamiya FF shaft steel or graphite?

Thanks,

Droopy

The insert is a soft SUS303 but it's not just the material but the way Sasaya-san mills and grooves the insert that provides the soft feel. He took the design of the PZ insert and perfected it!!

LC, I envy you... for being stuck in this situation... many of us can only dream of having two such awesome putters to be stuck between!

T, can you do me favor and translate the blog Sasaya-san posted? Much appreciated.

Lung-chia

Sorry LC, just noticed you wanted me to translate:

"Order from a candian customer!

A repeat customer! This SUS303 is very cool, the shaft is a Frequency filtered shaft, grip is Iomic Mid White, vertical milling lines and stampings were done with no paintfill and a sus303 glass bead blast with a bit of pearl like white (custom beads boron).... it's a whole white theme with a black logo... very sharp looking... NICE!

This time with the FF shaft, the head weight is 350g along with the tungsten inserts it becomes 370g. The FF shaft is very cool isn't it? The shaft is usually more suited I think for the mid length putter not usually for shorter putters. The headweight is a little heavier so if possible a cartridge should be added to balance.

Like a car's rim you could make it as one piece but a two piece design increases the design quality which is what makes the FF shaft very cool. Unfortunately the carbon section of the FF shaft is very light and thin which makes it difficult to balance for short putters.

For a test, I'm thinking of using this shaft for shorter putters but replacing the carbon portion with aluminum."

Sorry LC, just noticed you wanted me to translate:

"Order from a candian customer!

A repeat customer! This SUS303 is very cool, the shaft is a Frequency filtered shaft, grip is Iomic Mid White, vertical milling lines and stampings were done with no paintfill and a sus303 glass bead blast with a bit of pearl like white (custom beads boron).... it's a whole white theme with a black logo... very sharp looking... NICE!

This time with the FF shaft, the head weight is 350g along with the tungsten inserts it becomes 370g. The FF shaft is very cool isn't it? The shaft is usually more suited I think for the mid length putter not usually for shorter putters. The headweight is a little heavier so if possible a cartridge should be added to balance.

Like a car's rim you could make it as one piece but a two piece design increases the design quality which is what makes the FF shaft very cool. Unfortunately the carbon section of the FF shaft is very light and thin which makes it difficult to balance for short putters.

For a test, I'm thinking of using this shaft for shorter putters but replacing the carbon portion with aluminum."

he knows his stuff. always been curious about the ff thing. also at 370g thats one heavy putter.

how does the soundslot feel in addition to the insert?

The closest putter I have, compare to this GF putter, is a Bettinardi C-02, which has the UST Frequency Filter shaft, and custom slit line. Thing is, I don't have it with me here.

I wanted to compare the two, and see if the feel of the insert plus the sound of slit line would be different with one milled putter with only slit line. But...

I can tell you this though, Spoon, it sounds good. I am in no way a great putter, so I can't tell you how it actually affects the feel, but it definitely gives me more confidence making the strokes. Phil Mickelson's putting is something I admire a lot, and he says the sound is what he looks for in a great putter. I think Sasaya-san had done a pretty good job creating a putter that has both, the sound and the feel.

And, T, thank you~

Lung-chia

The closest putter I have, compare to this GF putter, is a Bettinardi C-02, which has the UST Frequency Filter shaft, and custom slit line. Thing is, I don't have it with me here.

I wanted to compare the two, and see if the feel of the insert plus the sound of slit line would be different with one milled putter with only slit line. But...

I can tell you this though, Spoon, it sounds good. I am in no way a great putter, so I can't tell you how it actually affects the feel, but it definitely gives me more confidence making the strokes. Phil Mickelson's putting is something I admire a lot, and he says the sound is what he looks for in a great putter. I think Sasaya-san had done a pretty good job creating a putter that has both, the sound and the feel.

And, T, thank you~

Lung-chia

LC great post. its so true that whatever gives you confidence is a much added advantage. i too wanted to know about the sound/feel of one without an insert but with slit oppsosed to one with a slit only. i guess your putter is really the best of both worlds. i am getting accustomed to putters with a sound slot and am loving it. hopefullu one with an insert will be a nice addition down the road but for my current putting style it is an unecessary.

c

WOW - the golden Gold's Factory is really sharp looking.

Will the golden finish be durable - I need a durable finish for my Gold Fac putter - don't like to wipe the putter head down after each round and spray WD40 and bay oil all over it. I would consider this golden finish, if it is durable and maintenance free.

Just need the best of the best - maintenance free - hand crafted from Japan :atsg_smilie_roll:

Do you still like the putter ?

Isn't it too heavy at 370 gram head ?

My budget for this custom made Gold's Factory is $2K - I want the best there is to buy within this budget.