Bridgestone Science Eye HD-01?

aimersbent

I recently purchased a Bridgestone Science Eye HD-01 for a great price (I think) gambling on its functionality. Does anything know anything about it? It looks different than that shown in the TSG pro shop but the manual looks like it operates in a similar fashion with the exception of not having a software interface. Any help would be appreciated. I will post a photo later today.....

I had never heard of the HD-01 until you mentioned it, so I went to do some research on some japanese sites and apparently the HD-01 is the first generation Science Eye and it was released albeit very limited outside of Japan first as a test run. Apparently, you can correct me if I'm wrong here it does not do club head path but does do swing speed and estimate carry. It did not sell well as it was not as accurate as they had hoped for and they went back to the drawing board to create a more advanced and accurate one which is the Science Eye Japan release with better packaging and looks and more features like usb to computer connection. Here's the HD-01

headspeed1.jpg

Thats the one! See below for an actual photo of the one I picked up. As far as the functionality of it is concerned, the manual ( I didn't realize I had one in English as there is one in Japanese also) indicates that it does measure swing path, club head speed, & estimated carry.

I am concerned about the accuracy, or lack thereof, and am disappointed to read that this could be an issue. I hope to test it against a launch monitor to verify its accuracy. I may end up getting the newer model anyway as the software option intrigues me and this will be a fun little experiment nonetheless.

Thanks for the reply gocchin, as always, the additional information is greatly appreciated.

Bstone_HD-01.jpg

• 14 years later...