What is your favorite driver shaft brand??

oukk

95 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite driver shaft brand?

• Axiv
    • Diamana
    • Fujikura
    • Graphite design
    • Ozik
    • Roddio
    • other

NVS 55

Really tough call as many of those shafts are awesome.... these days I've been sticking to Graphite Design... there is a reason why they have been number 1 in Japan 6 years running...

Fujikura ReAx Rombax 75g. just seems to fit my swing.....

still seaching for the perfect driver head for shafts im defintely a GD fan ever since i tried their tour ad series. cant wait for the new qt md for my emb

This survey is to help you choice a shaft or simply out of your curiosity of what others are using?

This survey is to help you choice a shaft or simply out of your curiosity of what others are using?

I need to find "the shaft" for my driver.

I find that all the shaft brands carry different combos.

I just thought that the hardest part is choosing a brand.

That is why..

If you can help me out, it would be great!!

Thnx!!

Wouldnt that depend on your current playing ability? If you are a high handicapper, I say stay away from Roddio but certain model of Fuji and GP would be good but not all. There is not such thing as best but I like and do play currently are :

White Board, Machline Proto, GD QT, and now "Big Event" super distance version shaft by NGS. The shafts that I would not be going back anytime soon are the Roddio and Axiv.

• 2 weeks later...

I've tried the GD AD shafts, though never owned one. I think they are fantastic. I personally don't have any problems w/my NV65s. But I am planning on getting a JDM shaft. Most likely a GD MD series.

I've tried the GD AD shafts, though never owned one. I think they are fantastic. I personally don't have any problems w/my NV65s. But I am planning on getting a JDM shaft. Most likely a GD MD series.

that is a good choice the QT md is one shaft im planning on tryng next. let us know how it goes.

Mitsubishi Rayon Diamana

post-1106-1197675436.png

I bought my Epon 460 9.5 with a Japan Diamana White board a few months ago. Originally, I was afraid that it would be too light and too stiff for me but it's an absolute beast! I gained 20 yards over my custom fit R7 425 w/ Accra combo.

Droopy

Depends on the head it is paried with, but for me, I really like the 2007/Green Quattro Tech... smooth, stable, low bend. Paired with a low launch head it is lethal, if the shaft profile suits your swing. For most people though, I think the green Quattro Tech is a better fairway shaft, and the new MD should suit more people after a mid-bend driver shaft.

I may toy around with a Roddio in a GIII or Yamaha, I've only tried them in some OnOFF demos so far. Duffer, any reason why you think the Roddio wood shafts aren't suited for a mid-high handicap? I know they feel different than some other shafts, but I've seen a few slower swingers trying them in Japan and they were crazy about them.

Depends on the head it is paried with, but for me, I really like the 2007/Green Quattro Tech... smooth, stable, low bend. Paired with a low launch head it is lethal, if the shaft profile suits your swing. For most people though, I think the green Quattro Tech is a better fairway shaft, and the new MD should suit more people after a mid-bend driver shaft.

I may toy around with a Roddio in a GIII or Yamaha, I've only tried them in some OnOFF demos so far. Duffer, any reason why you think the Roddio wood shafts aren't suited for a mid-high handicap? I know they feel different than some other shafts, but I've seen a few slower swingers trying them in Japan and they were crazy about them.

I have tried and played with a number of shafts such as Fuji Zcom, Rombax, QT, PT, W, Diamana White and Roddio is the only shaft that I cannot play. I have talked to a few members here with similar results/observation but none have come out and say so. It is a shaft that would fit a certain swing only. If one is a mid to high handicap player, one would or should play a more forgiving shaft such as Fuji or GD or even Machline rather than a Roddio. This is simply an observation from playing a lot of different shafts.

Duffer,

That is very interesting, cheers. I'm just curious as to what it is in the profile/construction that would make both the BA AND the WA less than perfect for a mid-handicap. Like I said, I guess the feel can throw some people off - nothing wrong with that, if it doesn't feel right to you its not going to work. I'm just surprised that you found it 'difficult' if you will, especially with the BA, as it is suposed to be a fairly easy to hit shaft for mid-high handicaps who want to take the right out of play.

If anything, I would think that the Whiteboard you have would be a touch less forgiving being a mid-high bend shaft, but that just goes to show that you need to actually try stuff out versus going off of specs all the time. If I end up going with a Roddio, I'll be sure to try and do a comparo with a Quattro Tech, a Fuji (if I can get past the graphics) and maybe the new Diamana Ali'Islei, even though I'm not a big fan of the mid-high bend, who knows how it might work out.

If you have a chance, you should try the White board. You would be surprised how easy the shaft play if one is a decent ball striker. The feel is all from the soft butt while the high bend/tip stiff presents no problem at all. If you are looking for a lower spin shaft, this is a good option.

• 1 month later...

ive pulled most of my shafts from drivers and woods and have reinstalled my old time favorites: Gd tour ad series and i can reaffirm my original preference for these shafts. there is something about them that makes them a cut above the rest. i am defintely going to try out the new QT md series in one of my drivers.

All the brands listed in the poll are quality, you'll have a lot of different responses as to "Favorite" brand and even more as to which model within the brands.

Somewhat surprised that the Matrix Oziks aren't doing better in the Poll --- may be fewer people have tried the Matrix brand, difficult to experiment with $1,000 USD shafts. I'm sure folks have tried the Code, XCon, and Altus series though.

It does appear that the Matrix Oziks are starting to make some in-roads on the PGA Tour and from what I hear may be a custom option in 2008 with a few of the USDM OEMs.

So, who out there has played one of the Oziks for an extended period of time? Which one are you playing and what performance is it delivering for you? What shaft did it replace? Just curious, may do some experimenting with the Oziks this spring.

• 3 weeks later...

on a surprising note my longest/consistent driver is the cgb r7 tp with accuflex evolution . i dont know if its the head, shaft or both, all i can say is that the shaft is very reasonable and outperforms many other high end premium shafts i have owned. you dont have to spend big to get big results. experimentation and an understanding of ones game and abilities will certainly pay off

Diamana and Graphite Design has always been of good quality in my experience. Just be sure to choose the right model for your swing :tsg_smiley_pimp:

yeah man tel me about it. your hitting the new i65 pretty good!

• 1 month later...

At this moment Tour AD MD-6, but I have been testing some future prototype technologies that are giving me obvious performance gains. When these new products hit the market you guys will foam at the mouth.