What is your favorite driver shaft brand??

oukk

95 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite driver shaft brand?

• Axiv
    • Diamana
    • Fujikura
    • Graphite design
    • Ozik
    • Roddio
    • other

Same here, MD7 is my anti-left side gun. I can release the heck out of this guy and I just get pure straight bullets.(101 is easy to maneuver) My Rombax 7x07 w/technity460 feels good, it reacts different at higher ss than the MD7. But the rombax is just as smooth, only about 5 yards shorter for me. The major difference for me is the penetrating/piercing ball flight I get from the MD7, it really shines in the wind (hawaii player) plenty trade winds year around. My rombax floats up there and isn't as "attractive" as the MD7s ball flight. o_O

I honestly want to buy the Pink Rombax 7x07. That is next on my list!! Go Buba!! (though I don't know what shaft he uses, I know its pink) WOOT!!

• 4 months later...
At this moment Tour AD MD-6, but I have been testing some future prototype technologies that are giving me obvious performance gains. When these new products hit the market you guys will foam at the mouth.

Lovin' the MD line but which prototype shafts are you referring to, Chris? Better performance than the MD's? Do tell!!!

• 4 years later...

after all these years nothing beats Graphite design tour ad series and Quadra fex.

ive tried most of the exotic brands and these are the only ones i have truly enjoyed.

ahhhhhhhhhh enjoyed is a differnt thing...

i think the best shaft out now is the diamana X for the harder hitter..,

my all time fav shaft is the diamana stinger............

the quadra fire express when im hitting the ball with a nice turn is magnificent.

whats really funnny is after thousands of $$$ spent on shafts

my current TRUSTED, most capable workhorse is the 9003s NOT the P model.

i love it so much i will get the new z9003 just for the sake of loyalty.

after all these years nothing beats Graphite design tour ad series and Quadra fex.

ive tried most of the exotic brands and these are the only ones i have truly enjoyed.

lol, i hated that ad di shaft...couldn't pull it fast enough!!! i've got two crazy shafts, a royal deco la bomba and ly02 noir, each with different tasks, and they perform flawlessly for what i ask of them.

Edited by chiromikey

just saw this in a shop today. looks good same design on the shaft as the p9 might have to sell a cpl of mine and get one i think

i would not expect anything else from you.

lol, i hated that ad di shaft...couldn't pull it fast enough!!! i've got two crazy shafts, a royal deco la bomba and ly02 noir, each with different tasks, and they perform flawlessly for what i ask of them.

yeah i agree the DI was weird, on good days it was llong but swing it a different way and hold on for the ride. it wasnt stiff

it just had to be swung a certain way. once your out of those parameters the shaft feels dead.

how did this re surface,, there no new post on it..

Someone voted in the poll....

For a driver shaft, Crazy is far and a way the best shaft for me.

FW's and rescues it's Graphite Design

Someone voted in the poll....

For a driver shaft, Crazy is far and a way the best shaft for me.

FW's and rescues it's Graphite Design

do the gd's perform differently in the fw's than they do for the driver?

for me, i've just fallen in love with the ngs 80t high carbon seve in my 3w. all i have to do is think draw, fade, high, or low and this thing does it!!

Edited by chiromikey

After playing with Crazy shafts, will not go back to graphite shaft.

Well... I have to admit that the DI shaft in a FW did not work for me.... at all.

The Quottro Tech has been the best FW for me, that and I still love the PT's

If the DJ is like QT then for me, should be worth trying. I don't even want to try the

DI in a driver shaft because the FW's were so bad.

And it's not so much as the GD doesn't do it for the driver cause they are good but

the Crazy's just plain old work better for me.

• 8 months later...

Crazy all the way ... from the irons (TArget Tour) to Wood (FW80) to Drivers (Proto519 / TJ80 / CB Tour 65)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

After trying out a lot of different stuff (Diamana Whiteboard, Fujikura Speeder, Diamana Ahina, Matrix Code 6, Oban Kyoshi Purple, Oban Devotion,...) I ended up with a OBAN Tour Prototype and love it. Not the cheapest, but worth it's price