Master Sasaya's PZ Insert Alternative

TourSpecGolfer

In the quest to make the PZ Insert more affordable Master Sasaya has created a way to keep the same performance, roll and feel as that expensive premium zone insert style he builds.

Its simply milling the exact same measurements to the entire surface of the face itself. This version is more than 50% more affordable than the insert version.

0712030006.JPG

0712030008wd.jpg

I kind of thought it was just a matter of time before this happened.

and I thought I was thru buying Putters.... looks like the drawing board is going to be busy again...

Sadly, I have to know if one is going to feel better than the other. Actually can't imagine it could be much better but only one way to find out!!!!

DOH! :tsg_smilie_surprise:

WOW - this is just like the RIFE putter grooves are made:

post-7791-1196800799.jpg

If the more traditional way makes a softer better feeling putter, I would surely will pay that bit extra to get the best of the best - but on the positive side, the new way of making the premium zone grooves means that you won't see the 4 ugly screws in the cavity of the putter - this is definitely a step forward from a designers point of view.

Is it possible to ask Master Sasaya what he thinks will feel better of the two - the PZ insert or the PZ stamping on the face of the putter ?

DOH! :tsg_smiley_drool:

Don't look back...

You will have no regrets.... get ready for the best Putter on the Planet...

I don't know why but I think the insert looks better and is going to have the best feel of the two Putters... I like the look of the little screws...

Heh heh, I was just joking. I completely agree with you, I've never played an insert in my life but I love the way Sasaya-san's insert looks. I actually like the screws too!

Don't look back...

You will have no regrets.... get ready for the best Putter on the Planet...

I don't know why but I think the insert looks better and is going to have the best feel of the two Putters... I like the look of the little screws...

i am glad i havent pulled the trigger yet. big time savings!

A BIG TIME DITTO from me on that :tsg_smiley_drool:

But if the original insert way feels better, then I can live with the 4 screws in the cavity.....if not, then I'll be happy to loose the 4 screws and get some flashy blue Golds circles in the cavity to spice up the overall design of this fantastic putter - I will probably go for 3 flashy blue Gold's Factory circles like these:

post-7791-1196882583.jpg

Question, if my exsiting putter has just the mill marks, Can I send it back to Sasaya-San to get it milled with the grooves??

I like the insert but it's out of my price range??

Lastly, Can I change my flat black finish to something like Teflon Black??

Does Teflon back require periodic milling??

Chris is the one to have the exact answer, but...

You can send your Putter back to the Master and have whatever you want to have

done, added/done to the Putter.

I don't believe any of the Masters Putters require periodic milling unless you are

using the Putter to the point of needing refinishing.

I have played no less than 80+ rounds with my gamer, practiced extensively, and it is still in excellent condition. Granted I take care of my Putter, it is very durable.

This is the one club that if you get done right, (and I have) that you will be the most happy with. Worth every dime spent and then some.

Can you tell I love my Golds Putters???????????

Chris is the one to have the exact answer, but...

You can send your Putter back to the Master and have whatever you want to have

done, added/done to the Putter.

I don't believe any of the Masters Putters require periodic milling unless you are

using the Putter to the point of needing refinishing.

I have played no less than 80+ rounds with my gamer, practiced extensively, and it is still in excellent condition. Granted I take care of my Putter, it is very durable.

This is the one club that if you get done right, (and I have) that you will be the most happy with. Worth every dime spent and then some.

Can you tell I love my Golds Putters???????????

we know you love them:) this new milled premium zone style may be the ticket hopefully after closing my eyes and pulling the trigger i will save money on the long run by not upgrading my putters every month...

we know you love them:) this new milled premium zone style may be the ticket hopefully after closing my eyes and pulling the trigger i will save money on the long run by not upgrading my putters every month...

C,

I made a post a while back that says something to the fact that you will not be buying any more

Putters once you get one made for you, to your specs, with the PZ insert or now the PZ milled face, by the Master.

:tsg_smilie_love::tsg_smiley_putter2:

C,

I made a post a while back that says something to the fact that you will not be buying any more

Putters once you get one made for you, to your specs, with the PZ insert or now the PZ milled face, by the Master.

:tsg_smilie_love::tsg_smiley_putter2:

i defintely agree. one time investement. and to think i just got 3 custom made putters from the usa in the last month if you add those all up i could have gotten one tricked out gold's! grrrr

My sentiments exactly! That's why I went straight to the top, bit the bullet and got the Gold's Factory putter. :tsg_smiley_putter2:

i defintely agree. one time investement. and to think i just got 3 custom made putters from the usa in the last month if you add those all up i could have gotten one tricked out gold's! grrrr

Does Master Sasaya or Gold's in general make anything for us left handers? I'm new to the forum but I noticed that the lefty is even more left out with japanese equipment than we are in the US!

Edited by 1967cougar

Does Master Sasaya or Gold's in general make anything for us left handers? I'm new to the forum but I noticed that the lefty is even more left out with japanese equipment than we are in the US!

pm tourspecgolfer im sure he can work something out for you

I'm a believer of the grooved technology and this looks like a must get item. Just wanted to finalize on the specs before placing the order. Hope someone with experience in PZ insert or these milled groove can shed some light -

I notice that the standard loft for Golds putters are at 5.5* and this is fine with the slow and bumpy greens I sometimes play on. However, with the grooved face, should the loft be decreased by 1 to 2 degrees? Any info on this will help me to decide on the final specs. Thanks guys.

I can't wait to compare this putter to the BB-8 FIT face I currently using and will report back once I get my hands on it.

I'm a believer of the grooved technology and this looks like a must get item. Just wanted to finalize on the specs before placing the order. Hope someone with experience in PZ insert or these milled groove can shed some light -

I notice that the standard loft for Golds putters are at 5.5* and this is fine with the slow and bumpy greens I sometimes play on. However, with the grooved face, should the loft be decreased by 1 to 2 degrees? Any info on this will help me to decide on the final specs. Thanks guys.

I can't wait to compare this putter to the BB-8 FIT face I currently using and will report back once I get my hands on it.

Re Loft:

I had wondered the same thing. But, IMO don't change it. I'm glad I didn't. Trust the Master.

I have a Bett with the FIT grooves also. Very nice Putter. Very interested in your opinion after you've had a chance to roll the Golds and the Betty side by side.

For me, nothing has come close to knocking the Golds out of the bag. Feel wise or Performance wise. Another thing for me that seems to make a big difference, is the way the Golds sets up... just something a little bit different.. IMO it just sets up better.

Re Loft:

I had wondered the same thing. But, IMO don't change it. I'm glad I didn't. Trust the Master.

I have a Bett with the FIT grooves also. Very nice Putter. Very interested in your opinion after you've had a chance to roll the Golds and the Betty side by side.

For me, nothing has come close to knocking the Golds out of the bag. Feel wise or Performance wise. Another thing for me that seems to make a big difference, is the way the Golds sets up... just something a little bit different.. IMO it just sets up better.

I just came into the Flatstick forum to post a question about the feel between the Golds milled face (and by extension the Premium Zones) versus the new Bettinardi. Idrive, could you expand a bit more on the difference in feel?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

I'm curious about the PZ Face Milling on the Gold's putters. For those of you that have used it, do you think it really gives a better, more accurate roll than the Gold's putters without the milling?

I am toying with the idea of getting a custom Gold's and am wondering how much difference this will really make.

Anyway feedback welcome.

Edited by Foster Pann

I'm curious about the PZ Face Milling on the Gold's putters. For those of you that have used it, do you think it really gives a bitter, more accurate roll than the Gold's putters without the milling?

I am toying with the idea of getting a custom Gold's and am wondering how much difference this will really make.

Anyway feedback welcome.

When you Putt the ball, especially the longer Putts, do you notice the ball "skidding" before

it starts rolling true?

"Skidding" is almost eliminated with the PZ milling. Softer feel and the roll is much more true/accurate.

I would strongly recommend the PZ milling.