True Temper GS-75 vs Nippon's 750GH?

TurboSport

I am thinking of a Miura CB-301 set or Mizuno MP-57 to be equipped with either the GS-75 or the 750GH.

Anyone has experience with the above combinations?

I am a slow swinger with high handicap but do not like graphite shaft and prefer the consistency of steel shaft.

Not sure but the biggest issue would probably be constant weight (NS Pro) vs the non-constant weight of the GS75 (usually the case with parallel tipped TT shafts)

Didnt know that the nspro are also constant weight shafts. I thought only the Shimada 3001 and 7001 are CW.

Didnt know that the nspro are also constant weight shafts. I thought only the Shimada 3001 and 7001 are CW.

They sure are constant weight, the ones that aren't are designated WF or Weight Flow and only available in Japan.... such as the 950GH WF. As for the 750GH, they do feel pretty soft to flex. I tried a 750GH Stiff in a set of Epons and they felt the same flex as 950GH R flexes. Very nice shaft though.

Sorry for my ignorance but what are the advantages of non-constant weighting?

I recently found that the GS-75 is a bit sportier and more challenging than the NS Pro's. I think I should go with the True Temper, but now need to compare the Miura and the Mizuno. The Miura is crispier but the Mizuno is more buttery and weightier.

The Mizuno is cheaper though :tsg_smilie_spit:

I had asked this question somewhere, elsewhere here. One thing I see with component club makers is they tend to make the short irons too long and almost the same length from the 8i up. It seems with parallel shafts they are all the same weight, uncut, but as you cut down for a short iron they start to get very light and swingweight lessens which is bad for short irons. Thus, to compensate, the short irons are made longer which affects how they play. If you opt for .370 or parallel shafts as opposed to CW tapered shafts, you need a clubmaker who can weight the short irons so your PW is not an inch over it proper length for your size just to obtain the proper heft (SW).

• 2 weeks later...
I had asked this question somewhere, elsewhere here. One thing I see with component club makers is they tend to make the short irons too long and almost the same length from the 8i up. It seems with parallel shafts they are all the same weight, uncut, but as you cut down for a short iron they start to get very light and swingweight lessens which is bad for short irons. Thus, to compensate, the short irons are made longer which affects how they play. If you opt for .370 or parallel shafts as opposed to CW tapered shafts, you need a clubmaker who can weight the short irons so your PW is not an inch over it proper length for your size just to obtain the proper heft (SW).

Thanks Richmond. I'll take note of your advice when talking to the club fitter. Another approach is that I would custom order direct from the manufacturer with my requirements. I'd be surprised if they don't take this issue into consideration when fitting the shafts.

• 7 months later...

I have installed TT GS75 Regular Shaft on my Wishon 560MC and when I first got them I was very worried that they are too flexible. After I played with them, they are not as flimsy as I thought but still not a Regular Flex. If I can re-do I would get the stiff staff. My swing speed is between 75-80 and I like to play with light shafted clubs. I am about to get the NS 850GH in regular flex to put on my R7Forged. I wanted the NS750GH in stiff but the cost is too high still. I will let everyone knows how the comparison between the TT GS75 and the Nippon NS 850GH.

I have installed TT GS75 Regular Shaft on my Wishon 560MC and when I first got them I was very worried that they are too flexible. After I played with them, they are not as flimsy as I thought but still not a Regular Flex. If I can re-do I would get the stiff staff. My swing speed is between 75-80 and I like to play with light shafted clubs. I am about to get the NS 850GH in regular flex to put on my R7Forged. I wanted the NS750GH in stiff but the cost is too high still. I will let everyone knows how the comparison between the TT GS75 and the Nippon NS 850GH.

Hi hbui

Have you installed the shaft you wanted? My swing speed is about the same as yours. Please keep us updated.

Hi hbui

Have you installed the shaft you wanted? My swing speed is about the same as yours. Please keep us updated.

I am still waiting for shipment on the Nippon NS850GH Regular. I will definitely keep everyone posted.

Huan

Tried both. Prefer NS850GH over TTGS75 for both feel and accuracy, not sure but perhaps GS75 is more flex.

NSPro recently released V90 and now am using this, even better than NS850.

How about the nspro750 as the original poster ask?

• 12 years later...
On 12/11/2007 at 1:04 AM, TurboSport said:

I am thinking of a Miura CB-301 set or Mizuno MP-57 to be equipped with either the GS-75 or the 750GH.

I am a slow swinger with high handicap but do not like graphite shaft and prefer the consistency of steel shaft.

I have had two sets of 750GH Nippons. They are better than any True Temper I would hope to hit.....I hope you are aware that if there are 10 different regular steel shafts by 10 different manufacturers, all have different flexes. Nippon 750 GH are very stiff regulars....I had to soft step mine when I was 50 years old....Now I am 71 and I bought a 2nd set of irons with the 750 GH in a SENIOR flex, and they feel like regulars, I had to sell them, too stiff.....THEY ARE A VERY STIFF REGULAR....If your swing is less than 75, get the seniors....or at best, soft step them to make them softer and get a bit higher launch.

On 12/11/2007 at 1:04 AM, TurboSport said:

5 minutes ago, Panda-Andy said:

I have had two sets of 750GH Nippons. They are better than any True Temper I would hope to hit.....I hope you are aware that if there are 10 different regular steel shafts by 10 different manufacturers, all have different flexes. Nippon 750 GH are very stiff regulars....I had to soft step mine when I was 50 years old....Now I am 71 and I bought a 2nd set of irons with the 750 GH in a SENIOR flex, and they feel like regulars, I had to sell them, too stiff.....THEY ARE A VERY STIFF REGULAR....If your swing is less than 75, get the seniors....or at best, soft step them to make them softer and get a bit higher launch.