2008 Miura MB-5003 w/PICS!!!

TourSpecGolfer

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice looking Miura blades - what happened to the ferrule ?

Nice looking Miura blades - what happened to the ferrule ?

I just stuck it on a shaft to take pics of it. I will let the buyer select the shaft or purchase heads only.

I had a TSG customer email me when these first came out and he really really wanted to get these as it was his dream to play a set of pure Miura Blades... he was even more excited when I told him these were touted as Miura's best feeling blades ever. Problem was I found out he was a 19 handicap so I was hesitant to recommend them to him. Finally we both agreed that he should follow his heart as he wanted these so badly.

He got them, played with them and is even more in love with the clubs and with golf as he had no problems shooting right at his handicap even on the first time. Here are his comments:

"Dear Tario,

today I finally played with the new irons.

incredible feeling at the impact, the head is small looking when addressed (compared to my previous Srixon WR, the face has the same dimension!)

The ball flight is medium/high, the sound when the ball is hitted is fantastic...."

So not only do these feel great they are probably easier to hit than what most people might perceive. Apparently not a problem for a mid handicapper to enjoy the pure feel of this Miura blade!

I am not great either at golf but play blade irons and love them. I think they make me a better ball stricker. If I make a bad swing no amount of game improvement will help me, anyway. I see no reason groove an off center hit swing with clubs that allow one to constantly play off the heel or the toe when its really not that difficult to play nearer the sweet spot. All I hear is blades are hard to hit but if they are fitted properly they really are not.

I am not great either at golf but play blade irons and love them. I think they make me a better ball stricker. If I make a bad swing no amount of game improvement will help me, anyway. I see no reason groove an off center hit swing with clubs that allow one to constantly play off the heel or the toe when its really not that difficult to play nearer the sweet spot. All I hear is blades are hard to hit but if they are fitted properly they really are not.

I agree, I like to challenge myself.

I think my handicap has actually been lowered some because I hit my shots with demanding players golf gear.

People who don't like this challenge won't benefit from playing this kind of golf gear - different strokes for different folks, I guess :tsg_smilie_surprise:

If I played in tournaments as a pro golfer, I would play with more forgiving golf gear, but I don't - so I play with what I want and what I feel looks nice to my eye :tsg_smiley_heart:

I don't give a hoot about what people say to me about my golf gear - I paid for it, they didn't :tsg_smilie_love:

When I hit GIR after GIR with my players golf gear, they all of a sudden keep quiet.......how can that be :tsg_smiley_bulb:

I have now played half a dozen rounds with my new MB5003's and all I can say is WOW! They are absolutely fantastic, I thought my CB1006's had superb feel, but the new MB's are even better. I have always loved the purity of a true blade, and over the years I have played many different blades, but the Miura MB 5003's are by far the best feeling and the easiest to use that I have ever owned.

I can understand why a medium handicap would get on with them, they do seem very easy to hit. I had a deal of trepidation about using mine when they arrived, I have had a couple of injuries recently which have badly affected my game and thought that putting my new blades into play with only one bucket of balls at the range beforehand was asking for trouble! I have never had a problem with striking the ball, my weakness has always been my short game, putting in particular! The new MB's are so easy to hit, so accurate and so controllable that I cant see any point in going back to the CB's even when my game is not at it's best !

I played better with the MB's than I had the day before with the supposedly easier to use CB's - in short the best clubs I have ever owned!

I played better with the MB's than I had the day before with the supposedly easier to use CB's - in short the best clubs I have ever owned!

As said, I find the same thing. Plus, I just do not like the large head and metal hanging off the back (shovel look) of game improvement irons. When I make a bad swing, no amount of game improvement will save me, anyway. Seems to me muscle backs are the way to go.

I was wondering if you guys can tell me how forgiving they are in comparison to the Mizunos MP32s or Ping S58s. They look quite similar to the MP32s. If they are just as forgiving, I'll get these MB-5003s.

I don't think I am ready to handle blades like the 695 MBs or Miura North America tournment blades yet. I wanted to get Miura blades but try to make sure I have the game for them. I can't believe I still lack in confidence even though I go to a range for 3 hrs daily.

I was wondering if you guys can tell me how forgiving they are in comparison to the Mizunos MP32s or Ping S58s. They look quite similar to the MP32s. If they are just as forgiving, I'll get these MB-5003s.

I don't think I am ready to handle blades like the 695 MBs or Miura North America tournment blades yet. I wanted to get Miura blades but try to make sure I have the game for them. I can't believe I still lack in confidence even though I go to a range for 3 hrs daily.

I can't comment on the Ping S58's because I have never tried them, but I have used the MP32's extensively, indeed they were my favourite blades untill the MB5003's came along. In my opinion the MB 5003's are actually easier to use and have a softer, sweeter feel than the Mizuno's, but this comparison may not be totally accurate because of the difference in shafts in the two sets, my MB's have Nippon NS Pro 1150 Tours in them and my Mizzy's had the TT S300's fitted.

I can't comment on the Ping S58's because I have never tried them, but I have used the MP32's extensively, indeed they were my favourite blades untill the MB5003's came along. In my opinion the MB 5003's are actually easier to use and have a softer, sweeter feel than the Mizuno's, but this comparison may not be totally accurate because of the difference in shafts in the two sets, my MB's have Nippon NS Pro 1150 Tours in them and my Mizzy's had the TT S300's fitted.

Hello Rangship :tsg_smilie_fever:

Can you tell me something about the leading edge on the MB5003 - is it round or does it dig more than your old mp-32 did ?

I wish you a merry Christmas and happy new Year, Rangship :tsg_smiley_heart:

Hello Rangship :tsg_smilie_smile2:

Can you tell me something about the leading edge on the MB5003 - is it round or does it dig more than your old mp-32 did ?

I wish you a merry Christmas and happy new Year, Rangship :tsg_smilie_smile2:

Merry Christmas to you ClubHoUno,

The leading edge of the MB's is slightly rounded but it is sharper than the Mizuno MP 32's and yes it could dig a little more than MP's. I have always taken a nice shallow divot and digging has never really been a problem for me, for someone who comes into the ball very steeply I suppose the Miura's may well dig.

These are definitely my next set. Just cannot decide on the shaft, just yet.

Just ordered my set today. I am planning on going with TC S3's in them. When I get them all together I will be sure to post a review.

I had a TSG customer email me when these first came out and he really really wanted to get these as it was his dream to play a set of pure Miura Blades... he was even more excited when I told him these were touted as Miura's best feeling blades ever. Problem was I found out he was a 19 handicap so I was hesitant to recommend them to him. Finally we both agreed that he should follow his heart as he wanted these so badly.

He got them, played with them and is even more in love with the clubs and with golf as he had no problems shooting right at his handicap even on the first time. Here are his comments:

"Dear Tario,

today I finally played with the new irons.

incredible feeling at the impact, the head is small looking when addressed (compared to my previous Srixon WR, the face has the same dimension!)

The ball flight is medium/high, the sound when the ball is hitted is fantastic...."

So not only do these feel great they are probably easier to hit than what most people might perceive. Apparently not a problem for a mid handicapper to enjoy the pure feel of this Miura blade!

hello forum...

please do not get me wrong, please...

i am a 3 handicapper..looking back to my 90's golfer, the practice in the driving range was my priority...

shaping my swing and seeking to find some challenges...yes...muscle irons...i tried a lot...

well...i do not hit them anymore...player's cavities are good for me to play, have fun and get a good score...

someone really wants to challenge yourself, why don't you buy 2 iron or shoot 13 degree strong 3 wood on the fairway??

you know what? i get 3 iron out of my bag and carry 18 and 22 hybrids instead of that "hard to hit" iron...

i saw some good amateur players having a "5 to pw iron" set and 3 hybrids in their bag...shooting zero handy...

playing a golf for me is not something challenging any more but having fun to get birdies as many as possible...

Edited by jinho729

hello forum...

i am a 3 handicapper..looking back to my 90's golfer, the practice in the driving range was my priority...

shaping my swing and seeking to find some challenges...yes...muscle irons...i tried a lot...

well...i do not hit them anymore...player's cavities are good for me to play, have fun and get a good score...

someone really wants to challenge yourself, why don't you buy 2 iron or shoot 13 degree strong 3 wood on the fairway??

you know what? i get 3 iron out of my bag and carry 18 and 22 hybrids instead of that "hard to hit" iron...

i saw some good amateur players having a "5 to pw iron" set and 3 hybrids in their bag...shooting zero handy...

playing a golf for me is not something challenging any more but having fun to get birdies as many as possible...

I think you may have got me wrong. (^_^) I totally agree with you, golf is all about having fun and getting birdies, I use personally what works. Sometimes if I'm not playing well I even carry 6-PW and some good hybrids.

I just passed on the message from a mid handicapper who had a dream to play blades and is very happy with the MB-5003's, that's all. (^_^)

I own many sets between an MX-23 to the Miura baby blades. I've played all of them at my home course with no difference in my score whatsoever. In fact, my lowest round is a 12 with my baby blades. I'm typically a 18 at my home course. So in the end, use whatever gets you birdies. There's always a point of no returns in forgiveness. You just have to know the weak points in your game. I also carry hybrids, I don't carry any iron longer than a 4. So its never good to assume, especially in golf. It's a game that isn't suppose to make any sense.

Federerfan23, I can't wait for your review. I've been wondering how these compare to my baby blades which also has tc s3 shafts. I'm waiting to put on some iomic stickies and try those guys out.

Edited by jacksonlui

Perhaps switching up may satisfy some, use a blade when you simply can and at other times larger forged CB's. When i hit the 6 and 7 iron of the 5003 it was just as described, Super Soft, Its sleek and with a bit of focus it's not as difficult as other blades to hit. It ranks among the best blades made that I have ever hit including, Old TB1000 by fourteen, MR23 by Tourstage, Mizzy Custom 33's, 32, 37's. Its pretty perfect if ya ask me.

From above the iron's top line, size and shape is like a dream come true. Team it with the proper shaft, like the NS1150, Black Gold's and Tour Concepts, S400 soft stepped is a dream as well.

hello forum...

one other way to get birdies is to tee up from the forward tees..... wonder why its not as enjoying to the brigade that says that the only enjoyment is to get birdies..........

point is for some people, getting those birdies with game improvement clubs is not as much fun as getting it with lets say blade like clubs....... or they are taking the pain today to have even more fun tomorrow when their game improves to a higher level.... golf can be (and is) fun in different ways for different people. each to his own......

The MB 5003's definitely have my attention.

Does anyone have any in hand "side by side" pictures with another iron (say a MP 32, 33, or any other iron...I know if you have the 5003's, you own other sets) to give me some additional perspective.

Thanks in advance!

The MB 5003's definitely have my attention.

Does anyone have any in hand "side by side" pictures with another iron (say a MP 32, 33, or any other iron...I know if you have the 5003's, you own other sets) to give me some additional perspective.

Thanks in advance!

I can take some pics for you say next to the MP67, and Fourteen TB1000's. Will post um in this thread soon.

hello forum...

I am curious to find out what's in the bag of 3 handicapper.

I can take some pics for you say next to the MP67, and Fourteen TB1000's. Will post um in this thread soon.

Any comparisons would be outstanding but if you have the TC-1000 and MD-5003 comparison pics....that would be great. I'm leaning towards one of those.