2008 Miura MB-5003 w/PICS!!!

TourSpecGolfer

I feel like a proud pappa right now; it warms my heart to hear all of this good old fashion blade love. I've always said it's really a mental crutch. If you say you can't hit them (or anything in life for that matter) and get tense then guess what will happen. If you embrace the challenge; relax and fall in love with the look and setup they should and will be no problem at all to strike. I truely love all of my irons and blades really aren't for every personally type (note I didn't say golfer) but my heart is always with my blades! I'm sure this has been covered many times; but what is the difference between these and the US Miura blade offerings? God they are a peach! My set of 201's are without question my favorite players CB set.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was wondering the same things as RLee.

It would be nice to have an option to remove some of the text stamping...

Omg imagine they all plain and with a satin finish!!! Even just a tiny muira on the hosel mmmmmmmmmmmm I'd have to get 2 sets lol 1 so I can just put them on display lol

I'm also looking forward to the comparison pics between Mp-67, TM 1000 and the 5003 Miura's.

I know it takes time to do these pics, so they look great - but I'm sure Chris will post, as soon as he has the pics ready for us :tsg_smiley_question:

As far as the guys wanting these in satin finish - I do think they already are in satin finish.

maybe the pics makes them look a bit shiny, but to my knowledge these are in satin finish already.

I agree that the stamping look a little on the busy side..........but if they play that great, I can live with it.

This thread has been quite for a while. Any more substantial review or pics?

Ditto. Can anyone offer comparisons from having played the Yururi Flat Back Raw blades and these new MB-5003's?

Also, I'm surprised no one's mentioned or hinted to split set or combo set. Say PW-6i with blades and 5i-2i in cb's or hybrids.

Any comparisons would be outstanding but if you have the TC-1000 and MD-5003 comparison pics....that would be great. I'm leaning towards one of those.

Ditto. Can anyone offer comparisons from having played the Yururi Flat Back Raw blades and these new MB-5003's?

Also, I'm surprised no one's mentioned or hinted to split set or combo set. Say PW-6i with blades and 5i-2i in cb's or hybrids.

Froggy I think we had one customer do a combo set, 4-6 in CB1006 and 7-PW in the MB-5003.

Froggy I think we had one customer do a combo set, 4-6 in CB1006 and 7-PW in the MB-5003.

Can one oreder the MB-5003, 5-AW instead of 3 to PW?

edit: should have check the proshop first before writing this post. Sorry please ignore.

Edited by Duffer19

Just about to hit the buy button on the irons and noticed the 5002 at a cheaper price. Anyone know the differences between the 5003 and 5002? Anyone know how these compare to the US spec Miura tournament blade ?

Any recommendations for shafts to match these?

Thanks

Just about to hit the buy button on the irons and noticed the 5002 at a cheaper price. Anyone know the differences between the 5003 and 5002? Anyone know how these compare to the US spec Miura tournament blade ?

Any recommendations for shafts to match these?

Thanks

Hi there, reason why the 5002 is cheaper is because it's an older model and no one is buying it anymore. The 5003's have been selling like crazy. Touted by Miura and many top reviewers in Japan as Miura's best blade ever.

Shaft would depend on the trajectory, feel and weight you are looking for.

Hey Chris,

Let's us know a bit about the MB5003/Roddio combo....very interesting!

I'm betting it's a great smooth combo... there are quite a few users in Japan on blogs that have paired up the MB5003 with graphite and have proclaimed them the best setup ever.

Hey Chris,

Let's us know a bit about the MB5003/Roddio combo....very interesting!

I have several rounds into them and a good amount of range time. I wasn't expecting to enjoy these as much as I have.

The MB5003 was soft when I hit them with NS Pro's, with Roddio I-10's they are even softer. Its like the graphite enhanced its feel.

I understand not many people play blades with graphite but for some reason I am more accurate now and able to control trajectory fairly easy, I think steel is easier to control left and right dispersion though but overall these irons are sweet as candy. What I like a lot about playing graphite is even at D1 swing weight the head heavy feel is very prominent.

After extended use I feel there are easier to hit blades on the market but not as accurate and solid feeling. My distance has improved greatly also. With blades more than cavity backs off center hit are greatly penalized also add another factor that blades have more traditional weaker lofts so when many go from CB to blade they lose a little distance. Thanks to graphite the distance has remained the same if not better.

I know someone said they are satin, but the comparison pics with the tb-1000 make it look very shiny. Would this be an issue on a bright day with the mb-5003?

Most, if not all, Miuras are satin finish as compare to the chrome in Gold's blades.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...