060_001.jpg

046_002.jpg

047_003.jpg

050_001.jpg

055_001.jpg

062.jpg

074_001.jpg

069.jpg

Nice Pics. I notice nobody ever posted a closed-up picture of the face including the grooves. Could you also do the same with RC 6150TG for comparison. Thanks!

I have a 60 and a 56 coming in Satin. Can't wait!

Great looking wedges - what's the finish in the last pic - it looks almost bordeaux ?

Nice Pics. I notice nobody ever posted a closed-up picture of the face including the grooves. Could you also do the same with RC 6150TG for comparison. Thanks!

Here's the RC 6150TG. The AF doesn't have the milled face but does have really sharp near right angle grooves...

6150close.jpg

i have the black vintage copper wedges in 52 and 56. the finish of the last pic is black vintage copper. the chemical purpule will fade in time and reveal the nice golden patina of the copper below. imho these are the sickest wedges and willl get better as it ages.

will take close up pics of the grooves tom.

Here's the RC 6150TG. The AF doesn't have the milled face but does have really sharp near right angle grooves...

6150close.jpg

Gocchin,

Thank you for the reply. I might just get my first RC wedge. Look similar too to the Vokey spin milled. How do they compare in terms of spin?

These Epon wedges by far are the best weight balanced and feeling wedges I have ever tried. I am now playing them with NS1150 X soft stepped and they shoot darts nice and accurate with a low trajectory. The best part is they setup great for a single digit player yet are forgiving enough for the average joe.

When it comes to lower trajectory near right angle grooves with super spin, the Epon AF and Yamaha Inpres X are right at the top of the list. Both will spin like mad without milled faces.

The RC 6150TG is more compact and spins like mad, more than the vokey for sure.

We'll see!

Just ordered a 50*, 56* (adjusted to 55*) and a 60*, all in the Vintage Copper, as replacements for my worn KZGs. . It was recommended, so I’m trying them in the same 758M Axiv shaft as my irons, and weighted a point or two heavier.

Hey now…looking forward to the short game!

We'll see!

Just ordered a 50*, 56* (adjusted to 55*) and a 60*, all in the Vintage Copper, as replacements for my worn KZGs. . It was recommended, so I’m trying them in the same 758M Axiv shaft as my irons, and weighted a point or two heavier.

Did you know that you are required to post a review after you get them and had a chance

to hit them :tsg_smiley_crazy:

Looking forward to the review...

It has been my opinion for some time that for the money the Epon wedges are the best wedges

on the planet.

We'll see!

Speaking of which have you had a chance to try your Epon irons out? If you're getting the Axiv again in your wedges you must like the feel in your irons? (^_^)

I still have a few wedges with 758M as well. I love the feel.

Speaking of which have you had a chance to try your Epon irons out? If you're getting the Axiv again in your wedges you must like the feel in your irons? (^_^)

my dad loves the 758s i love the tour ad75, similar but the 75 seems a tad softer which is just the way i like it:) these are a wicked mix on the epon wedges. may get a 60* as well soon. these bite like crazy and i love them for attacking the pin anywhere from below 100 yards.

one thing i noticed is that i always come short on greenside chips with lotsa runway. with my older wedges i got some decent amount of roll. with these ones easily 40% less. so it will take some adjustment to get used to the spin on these type of plays. not complaining though

btw i also picked up a stock AF701 A wedge and a SW with GD tour ad 65, reallly curious how these compare to the copper wedges. will have pics of these soon

Edited by Spoon

When it comes to lower trajectory near right angle grooves with super spin, the Epon AF and Yamaha Inpres X are right at the top of the list. Both will spin like mad without milled faces.

Same opinion here. Endo wedges!!

Same opinion here. Endo wedges!!

X'

How would you compare the Yamaha and the Epon wedge in terms of spin? And what would be the right or the better shaft for each? Do all wedges weigh just the same? Just curious. Thanks.

X'

How would you compare the Yamaha and the Epon wedge in terms of spin? And what would be the right or the better shaft for each? Do all wedges weigh just the same? Just curious. Thanks.

For me,

They have almost the same groves, its hard for me to tell because I don't own AFs. I've hit a friends, and can't really give a good judgment off of that. But the yamahas I own, are just about the craziest spinn' wedge I've ever played w/. And it doesn't even have a milled face. "Who needs milled when the ball spins this much?"

I like the yamaha's w/the project xs, they feel harsh on mis**ts, but the ball really feels solid on the center. The 950s were easy to hit, and easy to hit it low too. If I could do it over I'd prolly go w/1150ghs in the yamahas.

Lost of peeps are doing the graphite in the wedges, and they will contest to a super feel, I'm sticking w/the steel.

Weight depends on shaft selections and balance.

For me,

They have almost the same groves, its hard for me to tell because I don't own AFs. I've hit a friends, and can't really give a good judgment off of that. But the yamahas I own, are just about the craziest spinn' wedge I've ever played w/. And it doesn't even have a milled face. "Who needs milled when the ball spins this much?"

I like the yamaha's w/the project xs, they feel harsh on mis**ts, but the ball really feels solid on the center. The 950s were easy to hit, and easy to hit it low too. If I could do it over I'd prolly go w/1150ghs in the yamahas.

Lost of peeps are doing the graphite in the wedges, and they will contest to a super feel, I'm sticking w/the steel.

Weight depends on shaft selections and balance.

Thanks, I am practically a wedge guy and already own 2 PRGR 500 in 48 and 52, 2 Yururi CNC milled in 51 and 56 , 3 vokey in 54 56 and 58, 1 Fourteen V in 60 and Chikara proto in 60 digs. They all come in different swing weights in different brands of shaft and still very much comfused which shaft is the best for me. Thanks anyway.

• 3 weeks later...
I just realized.

Is Epon coming out with 2 different types of wedges????

if so

what are the characteristic and the target customers for each wedge??

Thanks!!

I dunno but the KGX wedge looks like dynamite!! They removed weight from the bottom to make it lower traj. Kinda like the yamaha xwedge endo forged. (at least thats what i think the cavities do)

A real big thumbs up on the 701s!

Hit them on the range a few times and played a round with these bad boys this morning. Good solid hits, GREAT feel and they play beautifully!

The Axiv shafts combination was dead on! The swing feels effortless, produces very tight, excellent shot dispersion, with great accuracy! And then there is that high end ‘crack’….not really a ‘clink’….to me.…more like an explosive ‘crack’…like a firecracker! I like the sound…as do my friends and playing partners.

As for distance, the 701s carry about 4 to 6 yards more. But, I’ll need a little more time on the range to zero in the exact distance for each club and compare them with the other set.

As for the wedges…sadly…I was not shipped the Vintage Copper AFs as ordered, but received the regular chrome heads. What’s worse…I wasn’t even notified of the switch….such gloom and depression!

Hit them on the range a few times and played a round with these bad boys this morning. Good solid hits, GREAT feel and they play beautifully!

The Axiv shafts combination was dead on! The swing feels effortless, produces very tight, excellent shot dispersion, with great accuracy! And then there is that high end ‘crack’….not really a ‘clink’….to me.…more like an explosive ‘crack’…like a firecracker! I like the sound…as do my friends and playing partners.

As for distance, the 701s carry about 4 to 6 yards more. But, I’ll need a little more time on the range to zero in the exact distance for each club and compare them with the other set.

As for the wedges…sadly…I was not shipped the Vintage Copper AFs as ordered, but received the regular chrome heads. What’s worse…I wasn’t even notified of the switch….such gloom and depression!

Hi Sir, I was not aware of this, so you got chrome and ordered vintage? From what I know the AF wedge is almost gone gone gone. If you were sent this without your consent please PM or E-mail me and I will fix this for you right away.

Sorry to hear about the wedges D, but I'm glad that our discussions leading up to your decision to get the 701's with Axiv worked out great. I love my 701's and don't see myself changing them out for anything else even though I switch clubs like crazy.