The New Mizuno A25 line

HULC1105

Mizuno is going to bring out the all-new A25 line, a square driver, square FW, square Hybrid, and GI irons.

Wanna go up against the Nike Sumo line???

Anyone have any word on the A25 line? Are they going to be forged?

The only thing I can see, from Mizuno's JPN site, is that the entire line will be introduced next Feb.

Lung-chia

Can't work out the manufacturers obsession with square drivers, however Mizuno's product will be as good as any on the market.

It's the all new High MOI line featuring their UDS design. Looks promising for higher handicap players.. I do like a fairway wood in that shape though... but I don't quite get their FW loft choices.... 3W = 17*, 5W = 20* and 7W = 23*

a25.jpg

It's the all new High MOI line featuring their UDS design. Looks promising for higher handicap players.. I do like a fairway wood in that shape though... but I don't quite get their FW loft choices.... 3W = 17*, 5W = 20* and 7W = 23*

a25.jpg

Maybe these lofts has to do with the fact, that high cappers have a slow swing speed and in fact will get more distance out of a 17° 3 wood, than a 15° 3 wood.

The high cappers still would like to tell their playing partners, that they have a 3 wood in the bag, so this is how you hide the fact, that you really only carry a high lofted driver, a 5 wood and up from there.

Maybe these lofts has to do with the fact, that high cappers have a slow swing speed and in fact will get more distance out of a 17° 3 wood, than a 15° 3 wood.

The high cappers still would like to tell their playing partners, that they have a 3 wood in the bag, so this is how you hide the fact, that you really only carry a high lofted driver, a 5 wood and up from there.

I'm sure that's totally the case... but it will take some arm twisting for high handicappers to admit they have lady like lofts in their bag. I shouldn't have said I don't get why they did those lofts I should have said I don't necessarily agree with them as it would possibly eliminate mid to lower handicappers from considering their woods...

Wow, this is the first time I've seen this line of Mizunos. They do look very interesting.... I can't read the lang... are the irons forged?

• 2 weeks later...

I see it's a new driver from Mizuno Japan. Head looks squarish (akin to Sumo and Callaway). Any info about this club?