Gold factory Cavity Backs information

eddydem

Could anyone give me information on the gold factory cavity back irons in terms of performance. How would they compare to my current set of irons which are the 901 Beres.

I just feel that the Beres are very solid and the softness which should accompany an iron at this price range is lacking.

Any info would be much appreciated

I've got the Gold's CB's but have never hit a Honma club, so can't offer any comparison.

The Gold's CB's are exactly what you'd expect I think: solid looking and feeling, capable of doing whatever you're capable of doing with your swing. High, low, left, right, the club will do it all. I don't like the look of the 3 and 4 iron (sole too wide and a bit too much offset to help get the ball airborne) all of which enable you to see the cavity at address (unacceptable to me), but the 5-pw look great and perform as well.

Very different feel from a Miura (I've got the 202's and 1006CB's). Not the same buttery solid but more a "hammer" solid when striking the ball. Every bit as satisfying, but different.

The Gold's are worth having just to look at. Beautiful. Get a set if you can and enjoy them.

I've got the Gold's CB's but have never hit a Honma club, so can't offer any comparison.

The Gold's CB's are exactly what you'd expect I think: solid looking and feeling, capable of doing whatever you're capable of doing with your swing. High, low, left, right, the club will do it all. I don't like the look of the 3 and 4 iron (sole too wide and a bit too much offset to help get the ball airborne) all of which enable you to see the cavity at address (unacceptable to me), but the 5-pw look great and perform as well.

Very different feel from a Miura (I've got the 202's and 1006CB's). Not the same buttery solid but more a "hammer" solid when striking the ball. Every bit as satisfying, but different.

The Gold's are worth having just to look at. Beautiful. Get a set if you can and enjoy them.

Very interesting feed back. You've just saved me a lot of typing... almost exactly how I would have responded.. except I do like the look, feel and performance of the 3 and 4 iron. :)

I have the Gold's blades and they are the same as the CBs per the above.. Not soft and buttery like the Miura blade but solid at impact. Remember also, the Beres 901 is a "cast" head so it should feel harder than a soft forging and is not really a fair comparison. For the price, I would also look at the Fourteens and the Miuras in addition to the Golds. I would love to see the Golds Cavities up close. Post some photos. Who knows I may put them on my short wish list also.

• 2 weeks later...
No "click" to the Golds. Like driving a nail into a solid piece of hardwood. Hit the nail on the head and the feeling is incredible. Same with the Golds. Never liked the Titleist feel and this couldn't be more different.

Again, I really couldn't agree more.

It was my dissatisfaction with Titleist and other U.S. OEM's that got me to finally try the JDM clubs.

BEWARE!!!! Once you go JDM, you'll never go back!!!!

Thanks guys, pretty soon I will pull the trigger on the flat backs in the black teflon finish. :tsg_smilie_love:

My soon to be other half said no more toys until after the big day. Sigh, I guess I can wait.

Buy them now. Soon it won't be your money anymore, it'll be "our" money. See what I'm saying?