WITB - Final, well 98%

bogeydog

I thought I would post a message pulling together my thoughts and experiences with what is in my bag. I will take some pics at some point, but I think everyone has seen pics of these clubs here before.

Driver - Epon EMB with Graphite Design Tour AD for EMB stiff, 10.5*, square face, 45", D1.5 SW

This is one club that is hard to make sense of. With the high torque shaft, long shaft and whippy feel, I would think that it would be an unpredictable wet noodle. Well, it is at least 15-20 yards longer than my Epon 460 with Roddio W5BA SR flex, way way straighter. I look for reasons to hit this guy. I am seeing parts of the course that I haven't seen before. I am careful no to over swing this club. The shaft seems to prefer a nice sequenced smooth swing. Not to say that I can't attack the ball, I can, but to tell you the truth, it doesn't result in much more of anything. It has become a club that instills a giddy confidence.

3 Wood - PRGR Hit M3 Tour 3W, SR stock flex and length

This club has a flatter lie than normal at 56.5*. It is built this way for better players that want to fade the ball and control the left side. For me, it sets up great as I need a flatter lie because I am short at 5'-3". Perfect lie for me. The head is smallish in size and shallow. I think it has a composite material in it. The shaft is a PRGR shaft. Performance is great also. Very easy to hit despite ts size. No problem getting the ball up and I control this shaft pretty well. The shallow face isn't a problem off the tee. It sounds and feels somewhat clicky, but solid. No Epon forged wood solid. It is hard to describe, but I like the feel. The shaft is easy to hit. I keep finding myself tempted to change the shaft to something heavier, but after I hit it I must ask myself why. For me it performs so well. No I like my firway wood shafts a little soft. I don't always want to load up and give FW a dealth swing. Best setup on a 3W I have played.

Hyrids - Epon AF-901 in 22* and 25* with stock Mach Line SR flex graphite shafts, length I can't recall

Now I have always struggled with hybrids. I tend to hit them right with a block. I was apprehensive to try these, but I couldn't resist after Chris wrote his quick review. I ordered these to fall somewhere in the 180-210 yard area. I haven't whittled down their exact distance but can tell you the following - These are SUPER easy to hit. Wow I haven't missed a shot yet. They are great from all lies, the tee box, everywhere. I don't hit the right. They are dead straight, high and predictable. I see these will stay forever. I have always played to avoid these distances, but no more. Get these and don't be concerned with Mach Line shafts. Smooth, well balanced and predictable. I think I will get the 19* also. As an added not, they look great from the top. I did lose a headcover today. They are so short they don't stay on easily.

Irons - Yamaha Inpres X V Tour forged limited irons with KB Tour shafts, 5.5 flex, D2 SW on 4-8, D3 on 9-PW, 1/4 short

Now you have probably read my review of these irons on the dedicated thread. I know that there must be some skeptics, but I LOVE these clubs. I hope Yamaha comes out with sets of this nature every year so I can find a set if something should happen to these. The heads paired with the KB Tour shafts are pure. Great feel, incredible accuracy, flight and distance. Don't be afraid of the shaft weights of the KB Tour. They are balanced so that you don't feel the weight. The progressive kickpoints work really. I am surprised have they perform.

Wedges - Chikara Retail Wedges, 52*, 56* and 60* with KB Tour 5.5, 52 and 56 at D4 SW and 60 at D5.

Now I know that there are some strong feelings here about Chikara's wedges. I find these nice wedges that perform well, fell pretty good. Spin is awesome and I am working on controlling the spin. Time will tell, but I think I like these but am considering trying the new Epons. No need just need some Ho'ing like the New York Governor.

Putter - Taylor Made Tourismo

Although goofy looking, I have putted so well with this since 2007. I am waiting for the uglier Spider to be released. If it works better than this, then I am set. I cut down my putters to 31" so the ability to add head weight by the MWT weights is great for me.

Bag - OnOff Stand Bag, Black

Bought this from Yourpressed last year. Cool looks, nice material, great zippers. Organizer is a little cramped, but I will keep her.

Ball - Taylor Made TP Black LDP

I had great luck with the 2007 Black and find the 2008 to be better. Better feel, great carry, nice wedge and putter feel. Seems to perform the best all around for me. Nothing more to offer here, but this balls works well for me.

No need just need some Ho'ing like the New York Governor.

I can't believe it took this long for someone to reference that with the way some golfers go through clubs!

You've got an excellent setup, and have provided some inspiration for more than a few clubs that I would like to try!