???? MIZUNO USA Forged Irons?????

dciman

hello,, are Mizuno USA forged iron heads made in Japan or are the head made in china and assembled in USA??? i understand most US mgr's have their heads made in china, howerver the Japan Mgr's are made in Japanese forging houses..

i have had a few sets of Mizuno's and one of my gripes is that their chrome plating is SO thin, that after 1-2 rounds of golf,, i start seeing rust on the faces.. if they are made in japan, will all the other Japanese forgings do the same?? ie, the TM TP Forged

thanks!!

hello,, are Mizuno USA forged iron heads made in Japan or are the head made in china and assembled in USA??? i understand most US mgr's have their heads made in china, howerver the Japan Mgr's are made in Japanese forging houses..

i have had a few sets of Mizuno's and one of my gripes is that their chrome plating is SO thin, that after 1-2 rounds of golf,, i start seeing rust on the faces.. if they are made in japan, will all the other Japanese forgings do the same?? ie, the TM TP Forged

thanks!!

Not all Japanese brands are manufactured in Japan. Many are actually not, so make sure and check in with TSG id you have your doubts.

What model Mizuno's are not holding up for you?

Yes from what I understand some of their newer clubs are made in China or Taiwan.

i'm talking about the mp-67's

also,, does anyone have input on the TM TP Forged irons?

I am not sure to be honest, I have only heard that some of the newer models are produced in China.

The TM TP forged irons are forged in Taiwan sir.

whoa,, the 2008 TM TP forged irons are china forged??!! on your website, it says they are Japanese forged!! i've been in contact with some of the tourspecgolf staff via email and they have confirmed that they are japan forged... so now you've got me confused!! LOL

Whoops, I am talking about the wrong stuff... sorry...

whoa,, the 2008 TM TP forged irons are china forged??!! on your website, it says they are Japanese forged!! i've been in contact with some of the tourspecgolf staff via email and they have confirmed that they are japan forged... so now you've got me confused!! LOL
Edited by Droopy

Dciman, your double wrong.

1st, none of our staff has e-mailed you that the Taylormade TP Forged irons are forged in Japan.

2nd, no where does it say in the TSG proshop or our web site that they are forged in Japan.

We have always said the Taylormade Forged Series is forged in Taiwan ( nelson ).

None of Taylormade's clubs are Japan forged except the very old miura forged models.

sir, these are the clubs from your website i am talking about:

Taylormade Japan R7 TP Forged Irons 5-PW [r7forgedtp]

and here's the descrfiption from your website:

Taylormade Japan, based on it's very popular R7 Forged iron of 2007 has released it's R7 TP Forged iron. This Tour Preferred iron is forged from soft S25C and is a compact, minimal offset head made for lower handicap players. The R7 TP Forged features a low to mid launch trajectory for maximum workability and a thin topline with very little offset for superb setup at address. The head shape was designed based on feedback from Japan tour professionals, looking for a thin sole and muscle back like control. The R7 TP Forged is available as 5-PW standard and with either NSP Pro 950 GH R or S steel or Dynamic Gold S200 or X100 steel. 3 and 4 irons are available at an extra cost.

There is humongous demand for the r7 TP Forged in Japan. Taylormade Japan occasionally is back ordered and there may be a delay in shipping. If this is the case we will let you know when you place your order.

AND, Jackie fromYOUR website has told me that these are forged i n JAPAN.. so what's up with asll the discrepencies from YOUR website!!!!???

There is humongous demand for the r7 TP Forged in Japan. Taylormade Japan occasionally is back ordered and there may be a delay in shipping. If this is the case we will let you know when you place your order.

When I read that statement, it means that in Japan, there is huge demand for the "r7 tp forged". It doesn't mean to say that the r7 forged is forged in Japan. That is my interpretation of that statement.

If you do a search on the forums, they've always mentioned that its forged in China.

I am confused as to why this individual is reading into text things that the text does not say. It is almost as though the individual wishes there were mis-statements made. In any case, I have never found this site & staff to be anything but honest and upfront with information. Cudo's to Chris & Jackie for always providing excellent and accurate descriptions and information. my 2 cents.

Kent

I digress a bit here, Endo does fantastic forging, but I was wondering if there is a difference in quality between products that are forged by Endo in Niigata, and products forged by Endo in Thailand,..... for example Tourstage X-Blabe CB, and Epon,......just wondering

Not 100% certain.. But this is what I have heard...

I heard the Mizuno heads are forged in Japan, then plated in China.. The ones that you find at the local golf shops, the custom M-Stamp Mizunos are forged in Japan and plated in Japan..

I ain't no logistics expert but it seems strange to me to forge in Japan, then ship the heads to China for plating..

I wonder if that is indeed true, does it mean that the clubs are assemble (i.e. shaft/grip) done in China??? Can't see them sending it back to Japan for final assembly...

I hear that the PING Redwood putters are the same story.. Putter heads forged in the USA then sent to China for plating.. then sent back to USA for sale....

As for Endo...I have 06/07/08 Japanese Catalog for Tourstage.. it clearly states that X-Blade are Thailand and Japan.. I am guessing that the exact same model are made in both Endo factories.. what you end up with would be luck of the draw.. It might be from Thailand and it might be from Japan..

I think Chris says the steel is from Japan exported to Thailand.. Theoretically, they should be the same.. but it's sort of a believe that the Japanese made ones must be better...

i.e.. My friend works at the local Lexus dealer.. he bot a RX350 made in Japan instead of the ones made in Canada.. he says from experience that the Japan ones have less squeaks and tigher tolerances..

I am sure somebody will correct me if I am wrong.. :atsg_smilie_roll:

DC man, Opps I am sorry your right, Jacque did tell you that, I'm sorry. But The description doesnt say forged in Japan, and several times in the past we have mentioned where the Forged & TP were forged also.

In regards to Endo Thailand vs Japan. Yup Japanese steel is sent to Thailand, It is the same process. Most of the time the Japanese market (JDM stuff) is forged in the Japan plant so they need not pay duties or shipping by bringing it into the motherland.

In regards to Mizuno, Yup I heard that same rumor about the finishing a while ago as well. I have also heard otherwise more recently, they are both rumors.

Anyway Sorry bout the confusion DC man, they are forged in Taiwan.

No better way to explain how it feels that to hit it for yourself!! Buy it, try it, and if you don' t like it sell it. If you like it, keep it. All the clubs here on tsg are high end clubs. Buying clubs from TSG is like buying custom made cars. If you can afford it, then go for it.... if you can't, there is still the toyota dealership around the corner. :atsg_smilie_roll:

Moreover, the 07 R7 forged iron is one of the best irons I've ever hit, period. Forged in Tawian I think; but honestly I wouldn't care if they were forged in mexico next to a crack farm. They are indeed great clubs. Regarding the 08 tp version, I'd buy it if I didn't have the 07s forged. Forged in taiwan, thailand, greece, mexico, or hawaii, don't matter to me, I'd buy it. LOL Peace, T

I ain't no logistics expert but it seems strange to me to forge in Japan, then ship the heads to China for plating..

i.e.. My friend works at the local Lexus dealer.. he bot a RX350 made in Japan instead of the ones made in Canada.. he says from experience that the Japan ones have less squeaks and tigher tolerances..

I am sure somebody will correct me if I am wrong.. :atsg_smilie_roll:

First things first I have talked to more than one dealer service manager or mechanic who recommends Toyotas and Hondas manufactured in Japan vs NA.

As for the logistics, golf club production does seem crazy, but I am guessing that differences in labor costs and environmental standards make it favorable to send heads to and fro during the production process.