New Gear

plus1

Hey Guys

I just got a few parcels in the post from chris aka Tourspecgolfer......and all I can say is wow.

Parcel 1

Golds Factory custom Private Stock 2. Satin Finish, Tungsten weights in the sole and on the face, Premium zone milled face, G circle on the sole and TOUR PROTO on the bumpers.

This thing rolls like a champ, it is certainly more impressive than any of the tour cammies I have and is far superior to the Gauge design putters I have become so used to.

Parcel 2

Epon EMB 10.5 degree, square face fitted with a roddio W8WA stiff flex - 44.75''

This is an animal. It was carrying about 15 past my 460zr, the ground is wet so there is no roll - will be fun to see what the distance difference is when the ground firms up!

One thing I did not like about the driver was the sound! - very LOUD - but the benefits far outweigh this small complaint

Parcel 3

Epon af301 fitted with nippon 1050 stiff

wow - soft, very forgiving, there is loads of kick outa the shafts and the spin is fantastic.

I found the accuracy to be fantastic, the spin rate to be very good as the wind did not really move the ball but the launch seem a bit high.

All in all I am super pleased with all of these purchases. .... I am taking pics tonight to whet your appetite

Plussy

Congrats on the new gear. The pics of the putter Chris posted look top notch all the way. So with all this new gear, can we surmise that Plus 1 is back and will be hitting the links once again?

Absolutely!!!!!

Glad to hear it. You've been missed here over the last year. You'll have to post more pics of the Gold's. I don't think I can get enough of those putters. Very soon I'm going to get one made. Just need to put some more thought about what I want. Love the G-Field and its solid, but going Gold's with the G-Field face; I just gotta have that!!

You have done it again Plus 1! That putter looks absolutely beautiful, you say it works as good as it looks, if it does I have to have one, my Premium Zone #0 is as good as I have ever tried, but you say the Golds proto is better! Tell us how the two compare, I seem to recall that you were using a G - Field Premium Zone, I have owned all sorts of putters (still have most of them - lol) but the #0 is the best that I have used in terms of pure roll.

I am also intrigued that you opted for the EMB rather than the AF101 - why?

Plus 1, good to see you posting again champ!!

Could you do a mini review of the Roddio shaft in your driver. Personally I prefer heavier shafts.

PS Do you know the cpms of the Roddio shaft :tsg_smiley_question:

Could you do a mini review of the Roddio shaft in your driver. Personally I prefer heavier shafts.

Same request.... i was looking at the Roddio shafts especially for heavier shaft weight and low spin. Would love to hear how the 8-WA feels... (which is for the hitter rather than smooth swinger again? BA or WA, need to check)....

coops

Our bags are going to look very similar!!! :tsg_smiley_question:

I am a bit interested on how the Roddio shaft performs in the EMB.

Please do a review after you've had a chance to hit it.

I know the stock shaft has been given very high reviews and I can tell you the

Axiv-X is working extremely well for me.

I have the Roddio in my Epon 460ZR and am very happy with it.

Congrats and enjoy

:atsg_smilie_roll:

Hey pal

The Roddio w8wa is a stiff flex with 256 cpm. It is a heavier shaft - 85.5g but I swear it is soooo well balanced so the weight is not as obvious.

The heavier shaft definitely helps me feel where the club is in the swing but most of all it is smooth, with lots of load and lots of kick.

Initial impressions are that it flies high, not too much spin as it seem to carry good distance through the wind and most of all very easy to work - for me it was so easy to hit a nice 5 yard draw......