Tourstage X-Blade 2009 Irons Models and Specs

gocchin

To make things complicated and at the same time offer more selection to the consumer, Tourstage has released their all new X-Blade lineup for 2009 made up of 5 different models, 4 forged and one cast geared at all different levels of players.

The following models are available:

X-Blade 901 MB

X-Blade 701

X-Blade 701G

X-Blade GR-C1

X-Blade GC-P1

The new X-Blade 901 is a compact blade featuring minimal offset and a lower center of gravity focusing on feel and workability. It is in fact a new unique hybrid forging. A forged cylindrical bar with a titanium insert is forged right into the muscle of the iron. This is to enhance the soft feel. The 901 is geared towards to scratch to low handicapper looking for control, workability and feel.

The X-Blade 701 really reminds me of the old Z-101 and MR-23 CB (at least the diamond shaped badge!) These are compact forged CB's with minimal offset and a magnesium insert in the back cavity to enhance feel. They are geared at the low handicap golfer looking for control, workability and a touch of forgiveness over the blades.

The X-Blade 701G is a step up in forgiveness from the 701 featuring a forged undercut cavity style head. Tourstage lists these as the most balanced iron in the X-Blade series offering a bit of everything inlcuding performance and feel. They are also available with new Tour Design graphite shafts from Tourstage and are geared at low to mid handicappers looking for a slightly larger than compact sized forged all around performance CB that still has reasonably small offset.

The X-Blade GR-C1 is a forged mid sized CB with a little more offset and slightly larger head than the 701's. They are also available with graphite as an option. They are geared towards the low to mid handicapper looking for a sense of confidence and forgiveness with the larger head and more offset but still wanting to play a sold forged CB.

The X-Blade GR-P1 is a mid sized SUS431 Stainless cavity back with more offset and a thicker sole. The P1 is geared for max forgiveness and performance in a mid sized package and is for mid handicappers and probably could be played by improving higher handicappers as well.

These are initial descriptions. If you have more questions please ask away.

post-8383-1222748327.jpg

post-8383-1222748336.jpg

post-8383-1222748340.jpg

post-8383-1222748344.jpg

post-8383-1222748349.jpg

post-8383-1222748355.jpg

post-8383-1222748361.jpg

post-8383-1222748365.jpg

post-8383-1222748369.jpg

post-8383-1222748375.jpg

post-8383-1222748380.jpg

post-8383-1222748387.jpg

post-8383-1222748394.jpg

Hey T,

Any idea if TourStage will be offering various shaft options, or will they continue to offer minimal choices as they have in the past?

Hey T,

Any idea if TourStage will be offering various shaft options, or will they continue to offer minimal choices as they have in the past?

Initially DG and NS Pro 950... I really hope they get on top of things and offer more shafts and even custom options as that's the direction everyone is heading in!

Initially DG and NS Pro 950... I really hope they get on top of things and offer more shafts and even custom options as that's the direction everyone is heading in!

You and me both because both of those current options don't suit me. My current set up with the X-blade 2's have 1150's and those were not stock options back then.

I do really like the look of the new 901MB's and maybe these might become a reality for me in the upcoming year. However, still very interested in seeing what Epon might be bringing our way for '09 as well and I'm hoping and praying that it'll be a new line of blades, Epon style.

Still no word about ViQ forged irons coming out any time soon?? :tsg_smiley_drool:

i thought tourstage does offer custom shaft options? i have a brochure from 2008 showing different custom options through tourstage. and i got that in december of 2007.

They do offer custom options for woods, but barely any for irons. I have the 2008 Fall Winter catalog right here and under irons and wedges for steel they've got DG, NS Pro 950, NS Pro 900 and Tourstage M266V along with a few Tourstage graphite shafts for irons. Wish they had more.

icic...yea mines has these shafts...ns pro 900 wf, ns pro 850gh, ns pro 950gh, ns pro 950gh wf, ns pro 1050gh, ns pro v90, m266v, dg, dg sl, and of course the tourstage graphite ones.

can't wait to see the 901 when it comes in though... :tsg_smilie_smile2:

I noticed in your sig you are getting the 901 with the rombax F. I would love to hear how that combo works out for you. :tsg_smiley_drool:

• 2 weeks later...

i can't wait

epon blade vs 901 vs miura te vs super blades vs fourteen blades

some blade lover has got to do this shootout

if a robot can be used that would be even better

i'm leaning towards the tourstage 901 only because of the technology/insert they have. however i won't jump to any conclusions till the epons come out, it's hard to believe epon won't be just as technologically advanced.

Edited by jacksonlui

Guy's we are down to our last 3 sets of the Limited Edition Tourstage 901 MB Iron.

We are also down to our last 2 Tourstage Limited wedge sets.

For those of you who do not know both items are limited and sold out at the OEM.

The Tourstage wedge set is pretty much the replacement to the Maru Spec's.

I thought that only the 901 was made in japan while the 701s + Gr's are made in China?

ALL Tourstage are made in Japan. They just happened to be assembled in different places one of them being China. Only the GR C1 and P1's are being assembled in China.

On another note, here in Japan the 901 Limited Blade is very hot. Most retailers are out already and demand is very high. Beautiful blade with wonderful lines. I had to hit it even though it is beyond me. (^_^)