Tourstage X-Blade 2009 Irons Models and Specs

gocchin

so how did it feel? how did it look at address..

Felt very soft WHEN I pured it (^_^) and had very clean setup. Reviews have started showing up in magazines here and they all tout the 901 as soft and pure control though made for the very good ball striker as forgiveness is not it's strong point. In a recent comparison on weekly par golf it got max ratings for control.

Felt very soft WHEN I pured it (^_^) and had very clean setup. Reviews have started showing up in magazines here and they all tout the 901 as soft and pure control though made for the very good ball striker as forgiveness is not it's strong point. In a recent comparison on weekly par golf it got max ratings for control.

Its a tough call guy's I just hit the 901 vs the MB5003 and like the 901 better at this moment. I need to put KB Tours or NS999's into the 901 to make it a better match up but my first impression is " why do I like the 901 with S200 more than the 5003 with KB Tours ? ".

Wow, so you are saying you prefer the feel of the 901's to the 5300's? How would you guys that have hit the 901's compare to the mp-32's?

It could be the ultimate Honeymoon period but off the start I do like the forgiveness and while the feel is a whole different type of soft I can't select which i prefer.

We have MP-32's here as well. I love the 32, it Imo is more forgiving than this 901 iron but much larger.

The Tourstage is a true players blade in line with the MB5003. Both the 901 and the Mb5003 are butter knives when compared to Mizunos muscle back offerings.

wow, finally something that can give the 5003 a run.

i look forward to hearing some good honest feedback.

what about a comparison on the grind and leading edge as well as at address?

just based on a little data, the 901s are cheaper and has more technology (insert in the cavity) and also has less writing on the back, much cleaner look...

Edited by jacksonlui

Would it possible to see a side-by-side address picture of Tourstage 901 blades (or even X-blade 2 assuming similar shape/size) and Miura MB 5003??

Out of the two, which one is a smaller blade (toe to heel, topline)?

Hopefully 901's are not too small because they look beautiful and I would like to try them some day.

Thanks!

Edited by danitrio1

• 2 weeks later...
Would it possible to see a side-by-side address picture of Tourstage 901 blades (or even X-blade 2 assuming similar shape/size) and Miura MB 5003??

Out of the two, which one is a smaller blade (toe to heel, topline)?

Hopefully 901's are not too small because they look beautiful and I would like to try them some day.

Thanks!

Have the 901's in hand now and have been playing the X-blade 2's for a few years. I will post pics for comparison but will need a little time for that. For now I can tell you the blade length of both are the same, however, the new 901's are slightly taller than the 2's.

The sole is different as well. Not as sharp a leading edge on the 901's versus the 2's and I think this will make it much more playable. Haven't been able to hit the 901's yet just a little bit of chipping with them in the house. Very soft feel, but I'll stop there because I want to give these a good test before I really write them up.

More to follow in the upcoming days/weeks. As far as looks, this is one stunning iron. There hasn't been a club to date that I've seen which is better looking than the X-blade 2's however, the 901's just might be it. I'm already in love with the way they look. TourStage outdid themselves in the looks department with these.

B

Congrats on your new set of outstanding irons. Can't wait for the write up.

What shafts did the come with??

B

Congrats on your new set of outstanding irons. Can't wait for the write up.

What shafts did the come with??

S200. Going to play a couple rounds with them before deciding between NS 1150 or KBS. Just still up in the air over them but I am in no hurry.

Have the 901's in hand now and have been playing the X-blade 2's for a few years. I will post pics for comparison but will need a little time for that. For now I can tell you the blade length of both are the same, however, the new 901's are slightly taller than the 2's.

The sole is different as well. Not as sharp a leading edge on the 901's versus the 2's and I think this will make it much more playable. Haven't been able to hit the 901's yet just a little bit of chipping with them in the house. Very soft feel, but I'll stop there because I want to give these a good test before I really write them up.

More to follow in the upcoming days/weeks. As far as looks, this is one stunning iron. There hasn't been a club to date that I've seen which is better looking than the X-blade 2's however, the 901's just might be it. I'm already in love with the way they look. TourStage outdid themselves in the looks department with these.

How does the blade length compare to Miura Giken MB-5003?

Guy's sorry but we can't keep this in stock long enough. The KBS set was sold before i hit it.

We do have 3 more sets available and after that no more. If you are considering a new blade I suggest getting these sooner rather than later.

are they really limited meaning they only made a certain amount for ever or just this year and more will be available next year? how will these compare to the non-limited version that's coming out?

They are for real limited, no more runs will be produced. Tourstage has always been very honest and reliable in that regard.

There are 3 limited items from Tourstage that are all sold out at the OEM.

The 901 Driver, Muscle Back, and Wedge Set.

Today besides demoing the Legacy Forged iron I had a chance to check out Tourstage's new X-Blades, including the 901, 701, 701G and GR C-1. I had seen and tried the 901 before and as I mentioned they are very compact. To my surprise, the 701 and 701G were nearly as small. Perhaps only a tad larger topline, a touch more offset but head size was very close. They are really beautiful irons, all of them, even the GR save the GR logo. I was expecting the 701G to be bigger but they were very close to the 701 except with the undercut cavity.

The GR C-1 irons actually had very clean lines. They appeared smaller than the previous generation GR irons probably due to the lack of an undercut. All the forgings are great. Wonderful feel for all of them but definitely aimed at the lower handicapper.

I also spent some time in the chipping area and bunker area with the all the new X-Wedges. The 101HB has an ackward head shape with it's semi goose neck and larger overall head, it's definitely aimed at those who are not as confident with their wedges. The 901 and 101LB are compact and spin like mad. Very nice feel and grinds on both. Lots of people were lining up to try so I didn't get much time with them, I hit them side by side with the new MT-28 V4 which were a tad bigger. Seemed like the Tourstage spun more.

My 901 irons and wedges are off getting reshafted with KBS along with the lies flattened. Just sent off a couple days ago and already I can't wait to get them back. When I do, I will post pics as promised along with reviews.

They are for real limited, no more runs will be produced. Tourstage has always been very honest and reliable in that regard.

There are 3 limited items from Tourstage that are all sold out at the OEM.

The 901 Driver, Muscle Back, and Wedge Set.

I bought all 3 of the limited items... The 901 Driver, Muscle Back, and Wedge Set..

Now... I need to find the perfect bag for these beauties... Ever notice how many great looking bags Tourstage makes??

:tsg_smiley_question::tsg_smilie_love:

Edited by idrive

Great looking bags T!!

I have to admit that your DWD bag is probably the sweetest bag on the Planet!!

I bought all 3 of the limited items... The 901 Driver, Muscle Back, and Wedge Set..

Now... I need to find the perfect bag for these beauties... Ever notice how many great looking bags Tourstage makes??

:tsg_smiley_question::tsg_smilie_love:

damn bro your on a roll!

J

Outstanding !! You picked from the very top of the tree by getting the whole line up of the 901 TourStage game changers!! Well done.

Goodsie