New Mizuno JPX E600 Forged!

Henry

Just noticed a lot of Mizuno new offerings starting next month! The JPX600 series will be replacing the 500 series. Always wanted to try the JPX irons especially now the JPX E600 Forged irons. If I am correct (gocchin?), the 600 forged competes with the new Legacy irons by Callaway along with the ViQ forged irons by Tourstage (still waiting for a new version). So many choices! Will be an exciting winter to figure this out! :tsg_smiley_japanese:

Yes you're correct the JPX series does compete directly with the Legacy and ViQ Forged. I'm looking for the new ViQ forged to hopefully come out very soon after Tourstage finishes with the X-Drive launch. This will be a very exciting winter for sure!

The new JPX woods look a bit busy from the sole but that's not such a big deal, how they look from above and preform is what counts. (^_^)

post-8383-1225590180.jpg

post-8383-1225590184.jpg

post-8383-1225590188.jpg

post-8383-1225590193.jpg

Are the JPX forged line made by Endo? When you read the website, it says "Made in China, made in Japan" What is made in China and what is made in Japan?

I think only the E600 was made at Endo based on the material, sharp edged tooling, and the tungsten sole infusion.

The other more game improvement models and the drivers i'm fairly sure were made in China or Taiwan.

Actually I just checked it out.

JPX E600 Driver made and assembled in Japan.

The rest are made in Japan and China according to Mizuno. I will have to assume that means Made in Japan and assembled in China like some companies do nowadays to save costs.

Actually I just checked it out.

JPX E600 Driver made and assembled in Japan.

The rest are made in Japan and China according to Mizuno. I will have to assume that means Made in Japan and assembled in China like some companies do nowadays to save costs.

I would assume the opposite, made in China and assembled in Japan.

If Mizuno produced it in Japan then shipped to China for assembly they would have to foot the bill for shipping & duties there and back. Also from what I understand Mizuno has been producing many of its recent forged CB irons in China like the MP60 and 57, That is why we see head only sets on the bay a month or two before release.

any thoughts guys?

I would assume the opposite, made in China and assembled in Japan.

If Mizuno produced it in Japan then shipped to China for assembly they would have to foot the bill for shipping & duties there and back. Also from what I understand Mizuno has been producing many of its recent forged CB irons in China like the MP60 and 57, That is why we see head only sets on the bay a month or two before release.

any thoughts guys?

That does make sense and too bad for the irons. Well at least the driver is made in Japan.

Silly question but is there a customer service email on the Japan website that you can email this question and see what the response is or would it be one of these things that you ask 3 different customer service reps and get 3 different answers on where the clubs are produced?

• 2 months later...

With those that have played with this iron (gocchin), can anyone tell me if you can see the pocket cavity at address on the 4 or 5 iron. The pics are hard to visualize whether this happens or not.

• 2 weeks later...

Can anyone help me out on my question above?

I have the jpx e500 forged irons, and I cannot see the pocket cavity on the 5 iron at address. I don't have a 4 iron, but I would assume you cannot see the cavity at address on that club as well

Has anyone tried these JPX E600 forged irons? Any feedback would be appreciated.

Just ordered these from a friend of mine in Japan. Can't wait to try them out.

Just ordered these from a friend of mine in Japan. Can't wait to try them out.

Please post a review!!

I have a friend I am trying to push into a set of these and he is waiting to see how they perform. He really wants a forgiving iron (Mizuno) that hits it a mile when missing the sweet spot... which he often does...

Thanks

Edited by idrive

I would be very intersted to see the comparision of E600 vs MP-52, too.

I have the jpx e500 forged irons, and I cannot see the pocket cavity on the 5 iron at address. I don't have a 4 iron, but I would assume you cannot see the cavity at address on that club as well

I have a e-500 4 iron and I can't see the pocket cavity at address either. I would imagine that to be true for the e-600 as well...

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got a chance to hit these at the range into a 25 mph headwind. All I can say so far is...WOW!

The first thing I noticed is that they go a little further than my 32's, and that's due to the stronger loft in these irons. At address, they look really clean and sharp. You feel comfortable almost immediately standing over it. I also noticed the ball flight is a mid-trajectory and does not balloon (which was nice hitting into that wind...I expected it to).

I'd like to say more, however I'll try to sneak out of work to play a round sometime this week in preparation for a tournament. I haven't swung a club since last August due to a new family addition, but it sure felt good to get back out there and hit a few pure shots!

So far, so good. I've always loved Mizuno's products, and this one's no exception.

Again, these clubs were 4-PW Nippon 950 NSPRO stiff.

I noticed is that they go a little further than my 32's, and that's due to the stronger loft in these irons. At address, they look really clean and sharp. You feel comfortable almost immediately standing over it. I also noticed the ball flight is a mid-trajectory and does not balloon (which was nice hitting into that wind...I expected it to).

So far, so good. I've always loved Mizuno's products, and this one's no exception.

Again, these clubs were 4-PW Nippon 950 NSPRO stiff.

I too am a Mizzy fan...

Would you say they are more CB like or MP blade-like at address? I Love the 32s at addy too. I don't like the hosel offset on the MX line.

And Mid traj that does not balloon w/NS950s.. wow!

I too am a Mizzy fan...

Would you say they are more CB like or MP blade-like at address? I Love the 32s at addy too. I don't like the hosel offset on the MX line.

And Mid traj that does not balloon w/NS950s.. wow!

The E600's are more CB-like at address, but they aren't "bulky" one bit. Personally, I still prefer the 32's clean-cut look, however these sticks are longer and more forgiving...all with the usual outstanding feel you can only get from a forged iron.

Thanks for the initial review. I am leaning toward puchasing these irons (if the ViQ forges dont come out soon!) and just want to confirm that you cannot see the pocket cavity at address with the 4 iron.

Thanks for the initial review. I am leaning toward puchasing these irons (if the ViQ forges dont come out soon!) and just want to confirm that you cannot see the pocket cavity at address with the 4 iron.

It's difficult to say. I can barely see it, but you may be able to. I don't know how tall you are, how you address the ball, etc. If you think it will be that much of a deal breaker for you, perhaps you should try something else. For me, I really like them.

Hey Kawika,

Thanks for the reviews. I'm thinking of getting these irons also. Let me know if it doesn't work out.

THX

• 1 month later...

I just received my JPX E600 Forged irons yesterday. Its always interesting to open up the package and to see how the actual irons compare to images and pictures you see. I typically will not buy anything until I try it but something about JDM equipment lets me ignore my instincts!

I use to play with the Mizuno Comp EZ irons and liked them. However, I switched to the ViQ Forged 4 years ago and enjoyed playing with them. ViQ are great irons and since no new version has come out, I thought I would go back to Mizuno. I wanted an iron that compared to the ViQ visually so it was a gamble to buy them with only seeing pictures.

I am pleased to say the top line is about the same. JPX appears to be a little longer toe to heal and possibly a little taller from bottom to top. I think it has slighlty more offset. However, at address, they look about the same. Very pleasing to the eye. You do see the cavity back at address with the 4 iron but after comparing this to the ViQ 4 iron, I would say you see the back of ViQ as well although it is "hidden" better with the ViQ because it is a solid cavity back if you know what I mean. I initially thought this would not be pleasing to the eye but it is no big deal.

Overall, the JPX looks just as good as the ViQ! So far, so good! Snowed last night but should warm up this weekend to play a few holes. Will report back this weekend with my initial review. Stay tuned!

Edited by Henry

Had a chance to hit about 20 shots with my 5 iron. I have it with the stock NS Pro 950HT in SR (Stiff/Regular shaft) compared to my ViQ Forged NS Pro 950 in R shaft. Initial impressions of Mizuno are softer feel at impact, higher trajectory and distance gain with the stronger lofts.

Edited by Henry