2 Things you DON'T force

BrettSmith

The other day I was passing by a man trying to help his wife on the range. I was obligated to stop when he was telling "her to stay behind it"- "try keeping your head still". Man let me tell you- I absolutely cringed. These are 2 prime examples of things you should NEVER try to do.

Making any kind of a forced attempt to stay behind the ball is diastrous. This leads to disconnection, the old reverse C finish and also a upward motion on the ball instead of down and through. All the great ball strikers are on top of it and slightly behind as a result of the downshift and the complete firing of the right side. If you loaded the right side in the first place, it all takes care of itself. It's like Butch's dad Claude.... (Mr. Harmon to me...lol) said- "it's kind of hard to get behind something you never got behind in the first place"..... touche.

As far as "keeping the head still".... :tsg_smilie_laugh: > I'll defer all inquiries there to the gospel of Mr. Ballard.

More postcards from the edge coming soon-

Brett :tsg_smiley_question: